Any one ever had a cat keep pooping outside their litter box?

Yes I know this is a girls ask guys website. Not a ask,"How do you solve this pet problem."Atm I really don't care.

Each time I start to do this yoga video after working out. For some reason my cat keeps wanting to take a shit on the stairs in the same corner. No I don't have my door closed so she can use the litter box. The litter box is also clean as well.

If any of you have any idea about what I can do about this. I would greatly appreciate any kind of tips/help. Since I have no clue how to make her stop this.

Most Helpful Guy

• its all good, thats why the "Other" section is here :P

can you try putting the litter box in her favorite spot and see if she uses it? if she still avoids it and tries to get to the spot then its either the litter box or she is a very picky pooper. but if she ends up using the litter box while its in her favorite spot then over time she may get used to the littler box and you can experiment moving it back and see if she goes in the litter box.

• The spot she keeps going to is on the stairs. So if I put the litter box there that would bug my parents. Since that's where they walk to get to down stairs. So I can't really do that sadly.

• Kk I will have to give that a try. Thank you :)

• np, its always worth a shot at least once. good luck :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm my cats don't do that.

You need to make sure the litter box doesn't have a strong odor. If the litter has a strong scent, it could hurt her nose and she won't want to get into the box.

Also, maybe you doing yoga stresses her, or the sound stresses her. Cats are weird, and the stimuli might freak her out and cause her to pee weird places.

If it only started because of the video/yoga, I suggest giving her treats before yoga starts and as it happens so she's preoccupied with eating and associates yoga with yummy treats,
    www.aspca.org/.../litter-box-problems

• I'll have to buy more treats then. I ran out a couple months ago. :(

• Has she always been derpy? My boyfriend's cat is in her own lala land, she does weird things a lot too. It's her nature.

• I adopted her from an animal shelter. She did have a sister but I couldn't get her as well. :( I've had her for about 2 years now I think. I'm going to make sure that it's not the litter as well. Since this new litter is really scented and since the box has a lid. It might be killing her to smell it. I'm just going to have to do a lot of experimenting with it.

What Guys Said 10

• We are incredibly lucky that our two Ocicats are both perfect about using their litter box, so I don't have any recent experience with this, but I can give you a few suggestions: There is a program on the Animal Planet cable channel that might help you, called appropriately "My Cat from Hell". It features cat behaviorist Jackson Galaxy, who helps people deal with misbehaving felines. The two most frequent problems are aggression (toward humans or other animals) and litter box problems. The series is currently on hiatus, but they sometimes run old episodes early Saturday mornings. New episodes begin April 2. They have old episodes available for viewing at:

www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/my-cat-from-hell/

A second thought would be to go to Yahoo Answers, they have a cats section under pets, try asking there:

answers.yahoo.com/dir/index/answer?sid=396546020

Good luck!

• It only happens when you start to watch the yoga video?

• When ever i start doing what the yoga video has in it. I don't close my door either. So she can get in and go to the litter box.

• You could try changing the video to see if there is anything in the video that triggers your cat's response or if it is your behavior that the cat eliciting the response.

• I'll give it a try. :)

• I do the same thing, so who am I to judge?

• Well I never had a cat but I got a dog and this was a problem at first so I kept him in my back yard of the house so he used to it so he only poops their

• cats like their privacy put it somewhere private and not loud. try moving it to a few different spots. and take the cat to it.

• No my baby is well behaved ^_^ :3

• Was she trained as a baby by her mommy?

• your doesn't like how I can't give her attention during that time.

• Yeah my cat is the same way she loves attentinon :3

• Yes I finally got tired of it and moved my bowl of raisins instead

• My cats an indoor outdoor kitty so no need for litter boxes meow!

• LMAOOOOO, my kitty/ cat has never ever pooped or peed outside her litter box

• needs more potty training that's all

What Girls Said 4

• I am a Lover and semi Professional Cat Lover for years, @Mustachekitteh, And...
    Could Be One of two reasons of kitty's Unseasoned Seasons: Either she is Not feeling herself, May be sick somehow with something that he doesn't want to dirty up his poop scoop box with, or if you Have Other cats, she may be be being Rebellious and not want to share the Hair.
    If No other kitties, and with you doing your own Thing," She Obviously times it where she does.. Hers as well, I can tell, just to get your attention Now.
    Good luck. xx

• I only have this one cat.

• her litter box always stays in my room. What she does is walk out of my room and does that.

• Ahhh, okay, I see, so Your door stays open, she Does mess in this except during the work out, which she has showed Rebellious behavior, which now she has Marked her hot spot in that not so cozy corner.
      Yes, lock her in and show her who is boss, and let's hope she uses the box with the locks. xx

• There's a litter called Cat Attract. It attracts them to the litter box. Alternatively there's a powder also called Cat Attract to sprinkle in your current litter, which may be a better solution as changing their litter can also cause them to not use the litter box.

• Never heard of that but I will give that a try. I really hope it works other wise I might be forced to get rid of her. Which I'm trying to avoid that at all costs.

• Is the cat's litter box in the same room you do yoga? If so maybe your cat is scared or feels uncomfortable. Maybe try doing yoga somewhere else. Or move the litter box somewhere else (Just make sure your cat knows where the litter box is). I wish you luck with the potty problems.

• How is the stool? Have other cats? Is there a lid on it?

She could be sick, doesn't like the box or litter. Did you change the litter recently?

I had the problem. But she stopped after we moved to another house. I believe she had stomach issues. Her stool smelled awful but she was a serious stray kitten. She got dewormed and I got something to put in her food to make her stool better from a vet. It sort if worked.

• It's kind of mushy and not that hard. She's the only cat I have. Yes the litter box has a lid on it.

I had cleaned it recently and after the incident I went to clean it just in case. It wasn't full so I didn't have much to clean out.

yeah her poop smells horrible when she does it outside of the litter box.

• What color?

• It was a really light color but since I switched to this sensitive cat food. It's turned do a medium color.