How often do you get nightmares?

How often do you get nightmares?

0|1
34|35

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Not very often. Maybe once a month or so. The type of nightmares I've had also drastically changed over the years. Back when I was a child and young teenager (until 15 or so) my nightmares mostly involved imaginary and unrealistic things such as monsters, zombies, aliens, being hunted by wild animals etc.. As I became an adult, my nightmares became much more realistic. Nowadays when I have a nightmare, it usually involves a family member having a terrible accident or dieing or something like that.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 33

• Pretty often, if you also count stressful dreams. In my opinion any type of dream that isn't relaxing can be considered a nightmare.
    Due to how often I get them, I usually sleep terribly. I take naps during the day to compensate.

1|1
    0|0
  • A lot of the time, I usually get one every couple of nights :(

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very often... Tbh when I wake up they don't seem that scary when in reality if it was real it would be. Sometimes I kind of wish I hadn't have woke. Up to find out what happens next 😕

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh not often but when they happen its random and without a trace!

0|1
    0|0
  • Omg I always have nightmares! Today it was me swimming in the ocean with 3 huge whales and a killer whale! 🐋🌊
    At least once or twice a week and the most recurring one is zombies 😱😖😵

0|1
    0|0
  • Not often anymore except the other night, when I was falling asleep, I had a dark dream and a woman came out and punched my arm, and she looked angry. I still felt the hit on my arm after I awoke. Dreams are weird.

0|1
    0|0
    • haha, dreams are veryy weird!

• I don't really get nightmare's, but I get a I'm being choked/suffocating feeling in my sleep that wakes me up violently gasping for air. #NotCool

0|1
    0|0
    • I sometimes stay up as long as possible to avoid it. I love sleep, but I don't wanna die in mine😢😢

• Show All
    • Wtf I meant yes my LOVE... but my phone Is being a real cock blocker ATM lol

• Hahaha, why what's wrong with your height? And your weight looks perfect! You can haunt me all you want :p but yeah exactly that's the right mindset, to not worry so much ^^

• At minimum a few nights a week.

0|1
    0|0
  • Like 4 nights a week. 😖

0|1
    0|0
  • Every few months, I think. I may have had one last based on the way I woke up. o_o

0|1
    0|0
    • The way you woke up? XD

• Show All
    • Yeah, I'll be fine. It's just not fun when it happens, haha. It is special. It's a "thank goodness that was just fake" moment.

• No it's not fun, and scary though... I always love that moment though :p

• I rarely have dreams.. xp

0|1
    0|0
  • very rarely, I think the last one was 10 months ago... I dreamed some strange man was chasing me and i tried to get away.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whenever I sleep with the lights off. I had one last night and it was really bad. Soneone gave me a chelsea smile with a broken bottle. I woke up sweating.

0|1
    0|0
    • ooh that's horrible :/

• I still do occasionally.
    I had a really scary one last week, actually.

0|1
    0|0
    • what happened in it?

• Show All
    • hahah oh no that's nasstyy! xD

• Never had one like that before! :p

• never. I get a lot of weird dreams though

0|1
    0|0
  • More often than I like.

0|1
    0|0
  • very often :/

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very often. I watched a horror movie yesterday and ended up having a dream about two people who fall in love. 😅

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha sounds like the complete opposite of a nightmare!

• I rarely ever get nightmares.

0|1
    0|0
  • i dont really have nightmares. if/when i do they're recurring. i really only have three nightmares

0|1
    0|0
  • Used to be a lot but not as much anymore

0|1
    0|0
  • Every other night or so...

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very often

0|1
    0|0
  • Can't remember the last time I did, long time ago 😛

0|1
    0|0
  • Ehh 5/10 times? But don't really dream often as it is

0|1
    0|0
  • I have them pretty often. Thankfully I don't really remember them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very, very rarely

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh god. Cillian looks so hot there 😍 but to answer your question, not very often.

0|1
    0|0
  • i used to not get them at all, but now I get them nearly every night

0|1
    0|0
  • I had 2 this week... last week I guess

0|1
    0|0
    • what happened in them?

• Show All
    • haha they're actually very scary! For me it's not so much disasters or apocalypses :p More of real life situations like getting fails in exams, with teachers and all. Sometimes I dream about ghosts and stuff but they're not as scary!

• I don't know, those grade ones May be worse! Haha cuz they're actually possible! XD

• More from Girls

What Guys Said 34

• i had one last night. it sucked. it wasn't like terrible, but it just sucked and i don't ever want it to happen irl lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • "The dreams in which I am dying are the best I've ever had"

My dreams are dark, like my soul. Every night before I go to sleep, I cut myself... a slice of cheddar cheese. The mature kind, for old and tormented souls.

1|1
    0|0
    • Ah man, I can so relate!

• Only when I have to wake up for some reason at a given moment in time. Sometimes I wake up a few minutes before my alarm rings. Then I have the stupidest dreams which are so stupid I wake up. It involves peeing on carpets and pregnancy and teeth falling out.

0|1
    0|0
    • I've been in that similar situation

• I never have them, though I may make frequent guest appearances!

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very often. My dreams tend to be figures, different shapes and colors, and often asymettrical backgrounds. If it involves people they're usually faceless. Nonsensical situations that just jump one to another without any resolution, sometimes people I know appear, but they don't do much but being there in the nothing that is happening nowhere.

Wait... maybe all my dreams are nightmares after all 😮😣😱

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha man those sound freaky and eerie! "faceless" 😱😱😱

• My last nightmare was almost a year ago. It only lasted about 10 seconds, and it involved my English teacher handing back a poor mark on some coursework D:

0|1
    0|0
    • DUUDE I ALWAYS GET THOSE -_-

• Show All
    • I know right? Luckily I'm getting more or less all As at AS level so far, so no bad dreams yet :)

• Haha if I were getting straight As dude, I'd sleep so well!

• Not really often

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe once a week. Not really nightmares. I tend to forget most of them.

0|1
    0|0
  • not as much as when i was younger. the last time i had a bad one was after i had surgery and taking a lot of pain meds. they gave me real bad dreams.

0|1
    0|0
    • Hope you're ok now dude!

• pain is still there but the dreams have stopped. i will not be take that medication again

• Nightmare would be a dream that leaves you terrfied and anxious. i do have "bad dreams" from time to time but they entertain me so i enjoy them in hindsight.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every other day. But not the nightmares listed in your description/detail section. It's more of a sexually-based nightmare.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very rarely, once every few months.

0|1
    0|0
  • That gif lmao demonic batman?

As for me I haven't had nightmares in years.

0|1
    0|0
    • It's batman in fear gas form!
      You're emotionally stable it looks like!

• Knew it !

Lol ehh not quite.

• Not very often , but I did have one ntot that long ago, I remember it being pretty realistic, but I don't remember what it was about

0|1
    0|0
  • Haven't in a very long time

0|1
    0|0
  • Very rarely.. but when I do get them they're grim.

0|1
    0|0
    • U wot m8, grim chav dreams? XD

• Ye m8. This one fookin guy came up to meh like "oiii mayteeee, u been fookin wid me meh boyz again? I swere on me nanz grave ill spark u da fook outtt"

• 😂😂 oi ya Tottenham scumbag, oooooo are ya oo ya, wot doo wii think of Tottenham? SHITE what do we think of Shit? TOTTENHAM coys me arse ya fggit

@Suitandtie dude if you see this I'm only taking piss out of drunk hooligans 😂

• Rarley these days, I get intense dreams though cause I take melatonin to sleep, dreams are fucking awesome! But one time this HUGE ass spider attacked me, but I kicked his ass!

0|1
    0|0
  • I take an antiepileptic medication called Lamotrigine and one side effect is nightmares. I've had them for a while now and being chased by giant man eating camels has sort of become the norm...

0|1
    0|0
  • i had one this morning. i dreamt i met a girl who was into me, and then suddenly started being all distant. that also happened to me irl, so its double painful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never. I hardly ever dream, at least not that I remember.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not often. I don't remember most of my dreams anyways.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't dream.

0|1
    0|0
  • not very often

0|1
    0|0
  • Every three or four years.

0|1
    0|0
  • When i watch alien 1979

0|1
    0|0
  • Rarely, but when I get its horrendous.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never, or very rare.

0|1
    0|0
  • I smoke too much weed so I never have any dreams.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very.

0|1
    0|0
  • its a rare day that i remember my dreams, so never.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys