When did you move out of your parents' house?

What age and did you regret it? How far did you move?

Most Helpful Guy

• I waw 18, when I moved out. My girlfriend (at the time), and I decided to get a place of our own, together.

The relationship ended up not working out, but I don't regret the decision. It was a part of growing up, and it got me out on my own.

• True. Don't really meet real world till you leave. I worry about the bills and all that though

Most Helpful Girl

• I left at 19 with 200 bucks in my pocket. I moved about... 3-4 hours away. I don't regret it because it taught me a lot about life and a lot about independence, however I made a TON of mistakes. So many mistakes that I hated myself for but they made me a better person ultimately. My advice for anyone moving out young is make sure you have money and people to fall back on, don't hope for the "best case" scenario because it is sooo unlikely to happen the way you think it will.

• We're the most of them business/financial mistakes?

• It is definitely hard. Because you have no safety blanket and you can't spend that cash you earn without any worries any more. Every dollar is devoted to a purpose like lights, water, food. It's rough.

• Truly sound like it. My parents did some this were me and my sis share an appt. to be closer to the colleges but we pay part of the rent and buy the food but more than half the time we don't have money for food and rent :/ so we don't really eat. That's minimal but on a larger scale it would be horrible. My savings are dropping exponentially

What Guys Said 21

• I was 18 and joined the Navy and no I didn't regret it

• 15; no; 15 miles, then 50 miles, then life on the road...

• Did you ever visit?

• I was a musician on the road for some years, but was eventually able to settle down in my home time, which was near Boston, and play full-time within traveling distance.

• Ooh. That actually sounds really nice. What did you play (if you don't mind me asking)

• Well I'm 20 and I still live with them, though I am in college and doing my best to use their hospitality effectively so that I can live a good life someday and repay them. I imagine that with the price of housing in CA, I'll probably end up living with them even after I get married for a year or two until we get money for a house, though I would never live with my parents unless I had a job or was in school.

• 19 and 23. I moved out at 19 and failed miserably and moved back home 6 months later. Moved out for good a month after my 23 birthday. First time was about three hours from my parents. The second time was about a 2 and half hour drive from my parents.

• I had to move out, and my mother also moved out but elsewhere. My father was already living elsewhere.

I was 18 I think... or was it 19? Something like that.

• At 17 but my mother has moved in with me a few times. It looks the same from the outside though, the lease is in my name and I payed the bills but my mom did live in the house. It made it hard to date, as you can imagine.

• When I was 28. I wish I had moved out at least a few years before that. Oh, well. I only moved to the other side of town.

• i was 19 and no i didn't regret it.

• i was 19 went to school came back on weekend to be with my girlfriend now wife

• I moved out at 23. I don't know the mileage but I was about 20 minutes away in no traffic.

• When I moved into my dorm at the beginning of this year

• XD not sure that counts? Are you going back when you're done with school?

• 19 years old

• I never moved out, but I do have a unique living situation.
    I get the house to myself more than half of the year and I pay absolutely all the bills, insurance, etc for the house.
    Also, I'll only move out if I get into a serious relationship and we were ready to find a place of our own.

• I am 72 and still live in my mom and dad's house.

• I was 15. Moved back in at 20 to 21, was back out. Been out since.

• Moved out at 18

• I will in a few years. I'm financially unable to.

• Still haven't I've earned a hundred grand living here why leave lol

• I moved out when I was 18.

• 18..

• 25. Still live with family, but it's a long story. I definitely don't regret it.

What Girls Said 20

• I haven't moved out of my parents' house yet, maybe in a few years when I'm about to take my master's degree. Where I live there is an option for free education, that's why I chose to still live with my parents. In our public universities it's very competitive to reach master's degree and they only select a few students out of a big number of students, so it will be most likely for me to travel aboard for my master's, otherwise I'll still be living with my parents until I get married and have kids 😂

• I'm 26 and I moved 2 years ago to work in another state. Not at all. I even feel I've accomplished one part of my life. I hate relying on my parents as I always like to make decision by my own and staying with your parents just make you can't decide anything in your life. Not gonna lie it wasn't easy at the beginning though. Gotta struggle to survive.

• I moved out at 18 to move in with my boyfriend at the time.

I've never regretted it and I do go visit my family home quite a lot. It's strange, it's so familiar, but at the same time, so alien.

• In technically moved out at 19. I lived on campus at school, then I moved with friends. I moved about 20 minutes away. Then about 45 minutes away. I moved back in with my Mom when I started treatment for my RA.

• I moved out when I was 18. I don't regret it because both my parents found other partners and needed to move on with their lives so I feel like it's better this way. Sometimes I wish I could go home to a nice dinner and my parents but nope. I don't live too far away from my mom but my dad's in another country.

• 18 few days after high school I just later on my bed slept for 2 days and smoked a lot of wee than realize while my parents were fishing I decided to leave I wanted to. Had a car and job. I don't regret it,,,, but I end getting pregnant months after It was shortly after high school , I'm still with he guy I hooked up with for couple months now still have my 4 year old :) , I live now 2 miles away from my mom and dad I kept moving in and out of big city to middle of nowhere.

• 18... across the country for school. No I don't regret it:)

• I wanted to do that but it didn't work out :/ never found a school lol

• I was 18 so last year and I move to the other side of the world 😛 lol Im from South America and moved to australia, best desicion I've ever made, so no, I don't regret it

• I moved out at 17 to go to University 800 km away. I moved back in after a year, and moved out again at age 20 another 800km away.

• never have ):

• Age 18.
    Never looked back.

• I moved out at 20 bought my own house at 21. I still live in the same town

• Oh wow. That's cool. I've nowhere near enough money to buy a house nor do I know where I would try to get it

• I was 23 years old. I don't regret it, and I'm still close. I'm only about 20-25 minutes away.

• 18 ... I want to still live with them but I don't relly have a choice with Uni.

• 17ish... thousands of miles away

• I still live at home 🙃

• I moved out at 18 when I went to college. I didn't regret it, and I moved an hour away to the nearest university

• 16, no and I moved from AZ to CA

• I'm staying now in a dorm, I'm fine with moving temporarily for work, but I would be really stupid if I moved out for good, because it wouldn't be economic. It would be just unnecessary expense. I already have the whole top floor for myself in a 340 sqm house and my parents tell me it's all mine anyway, they're going to sign it over to me in the near future. I'm their only child.

• Moved in with a friend at 17, he lived over 30 miles away, and no i dont regret it.