How to not complain?

I've noticed I have a tendency to complain. I like to share my day with those I'm close to---the problem is that a lot of the stuff I have to share can be negative. When people I'm close to ask how my day went I find myself going on about my ridiculous coworkers and boss and stuff like that.

I want to change, and only either share positive things or nothing at all. Plenty of people have lives way crummier than mine and never complain. How does one not complain?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I'm the same way. I'd tried to change my negativity and hyper criticism of others, by thinking about people who literally have nothing. At first I'd think about the orphans of Bangladesh who were dying daily of malnourishment. But then it occurred to me that the reason they don't have anything to eat is that they LIVE IN THE SAND!!! They don't need us to send em money for food, what the really need is LUGGAGE AND PLANE TICKETS,! And besides, once we get em over here, we'll probably discover they're lazy and hate school! Anyway, I've decided I like being negative. And besides, it's the only thing I'm good at!

Most Helpful Girl

• Venting is fine, it helps clear your head. If you don't want to vent to family/friends you could try journaling?

• I have bad experiences with journaling, I did so a lot when I was younger as a way to relieve my private thoughts, but my parents feel that anything written down must not be truly private and thus fair game for reading and judging, so I don't write anymore.

What Guys Said 4

• you know when you have the urge to open your mouth and bitch and moan? when you get that feeling... don't. congrats. you learned officially how to not complain :D

• Just remember that there are people out there who have it much worse than you do. I've had a pretty tough life so far but I try to never complain because I know each day I wake up is a gift and there are far less fortunate people than me

• Complaining is healthy. The question is not a matter of avoidance but timing.

• I hav Noone to talk to so.. yaa that's how I do it

What Girls Said 0