Are you an Empath?

If you are, then whats likes and dislikes about being an empath

• NO
  • YES

Most Helpful Guy

• i feel i do. to a certain point anyway. at first the feeling or insight i had i didn't understand so i would hide most of the time. now that i'm older and except it. i have learned to understand. i can not pick up things from everyone. but there are some for what ever reason i pick up things strong with.. the hard part is to learn learn to cut out the noise and separate your feelings from what you get from others. the negative of the gift is sometimes you pickup a lot of garbage from people that you dont want and it can become over whelming.

Most Helpful Girl

• Empathetic did you mean?

Pros- you can connect with someone on an emotional level if you understand how they feel. It's easier to come up with a conclusion to an issue when you know how they feel and how they'll react

Cons- sometimes you're so wrapped up in someone else's emotions, you forget about how you feel

What Guys Said 11

• Unfortunately, yes. Usually I can feel or imagine other peoples' pain to the pain of feeling sick or queezy. However it varies depending on how yin or yang (earthbound, contracted, matter, physical pleasure, sex, egoistic orientated in macrobiotics) I make myself. It should go without saying that our society is mostly heavily yang orientated, or at least, that's the theory I am going with, which could explain why many people have little day to day empathy.

• By empath do you mean being able to feel the emotions of others? Then yes, I have that, and I have a love-hate relationship with it. On one hand, my ex said it's one of the reasons she loved me so much. On the other hand, it's internally conflicting.

Like when I'm in an emotionally charged situation with everyone and everyone around me is feeling so hard, I can't even feel myself feel. It's like people talking so loud you can't hear yourself think, but with emotions.

• This sounds like yet another bullshit term for "having more social skills than a goddamn eggplant".

• what makes you think that?

• It sounds odd to me that you need a whole new term "empath" to describe that "yes, I have more social awareness than a watermelon"

• I mean, I learned empathy through theoretical knowledge and social skills training. It's not something that you either have or you don't. It's the ability to perceive the emotions of others based on nonverbal communication elements such as tone of voice and facial expressions, maybe even posture. The ability to read their state as if it was your own.

Guys tend to suck at empathy if they have suppressed their emotions. To understand others, you must understand yourself.

• I just have empathy towards others because I'm such an emotional person. I have a hard time hiding facial expressions. I try to "figure" out people through non verbal communication so I know how to interact with them without making them feel weird or creeped out. But I find myself getting creeped out more.

• Being an empathy, I get attached to everything too easily, so I have to tell myself repeatedly every time to not give a fuck.

• Dafuq is an empath?

• empaths are emotionally sensitive people who sponge up the emotions of others.

• I rarely get angry and it's definitely because of you however it is very annoying when people can't be arsed to use common sense.

• @Josht11 "can't be arsed to use common sense" so says the kid who's worked up about someone else's browsing tendencies.

• likes of empaths is i guess we understand quickly that what the other person is going through and we understand their situations and we comfort them, dislikes would be no one else understands quickly or no one completely understands us, i guess

• No, definitely not I don't have much empathy and to be honest I think being too emotional is a sign of weakness and I hate the idea of me being like that.

• Thats interesting. So you think emotional people are weak? Usually empaths are more understanding.

• I think if your too emotional and you let it show or it hinders you then yes that is weakness.

• Definitely not. I am very perceptive, but caring about it is another story. Empathy is not my strongsuit.

• No I am not, are you

• Yes I am, I hate it really.

• I on occasion get premonitions.
      However they are always about mundane things

• But I can imagine that feeling others emotions would drive a man crazy

• Totally apathetic I'd say...

What Girls Said 6

• In that I have taken tests and found that I am highly empathetic, yes.

In a mystical sense, no.

• No , but i am highly perceptive , and extremely empathetic and compassionate towards other people

• Bad:
    Sometimes people mistake it for meaning i'm weak or incredibly sensitive.
    Good:
    I understand my friends and they come to me for help.

• To a fault. I dislike caring so much and getting so little back in return

• being able to help others is a plus but picking up their misery is a definite draw back

• I really think that coping another's emotion will create a very unstable emotional state