Can guys and girls be just friends?

• Yes
  • Absolutely
  • No
  • Fuck no!

Most Helpful Guy

• You must have quite a sad life if you think that 50% of the human population is only worth talking to for sexual gratification.

Maybe it's just me who doesn't see why having different genitalia would stop you from talking to people without wanting to bone them. People generally don't find EVERY MEMBER OF THE OTHER SEX sexually attractive.

• I asked the question because someone told me on here that guys and girls can't be "just friends" I honestly think they can be. But I just wanted a different point of view. And yes my life is very sad. Considering I was raped when I was 7 years old and now no one wants to talk to me because they think I was desperate. I also have depression, PTSD, anxiety and a bipolar disorder. So thank you for making me feel so good about myself.

• "You" wasn't directed at you. It's like, general you.

It's quicker to say than "if someone then they" , ya know?

If it doesn't apply to you, don't take it personally.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• Only if one of these conditions is true

1. guy is in a fulfilling relationship already
    2 the female friend is NOT attractive
    3 he is single, the female friend is attractive but he could easily sleep with/date other women who are equally as attractive as the female friend.

Otherwise, If he's single , attracted to the friend and doesn't have acess to women equally attractive as the friend then its highly likely that he will develop feelings or want more.

• he will develop feelings? I don't think so. he might want to have sex with her, but that doesn't mean he'll develop real feelings for her.

• @thewanderingme

Well if he finds her attractive, has compatible interests, and genuinely enjoys spending time with her as a friend then I do think its likely he will develop feelings.

Assuming he doesn't easily have acess to equally attractive girls.

• If there's no sexual attraction on either side, absolutely. If you recognize that person is attractive , but you still don't get a random urge to fuck them. Yes.

"Just friends" means that exactly. In your head and your heart, you are just friends and there is no part of you that wants more. If at any point your feelings change, the relationship changes and you're no longer just friends. That's why sexual attraction is the biggest thing.

• I differentiate between being friends and playing the role of friends. If you are a friend, you just are. You don't have to hide anything like lingering feelings of attraction.
      If you're playing the role, or acting then you're not being fully honest and not fully embodying what it means to be a friend

• great answer

• @thewanderingme. ^_^

• Yes they can be friends. However they both need to be sure that they are not each other's type because that is when crushes start is after they get to know each other.

• As long as neither party is interested in the other I don't see why not. I have a couple of female friends so I'm living proof

• yeah when I was 12

• Lol. U mean dats d last tym u cud be just frnds wid a girl?

• @IndianGirl01

look hun when I was young I just wanted friends and wanted to have fun like seriously sex didn't even cross my mind
      now that im older that's not the case most of the girls I talk too I wanna fuck

• Yeah. I had gotten it.

• Only if there is no attraction.

• Yes of course, it doesn't always need to revolve around sex

• Yes they can...

• Of course

• Yes, Absolutely possible. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

• Of course yes. Why not? I have as well and long years without any sexual underline.

• Yes its possible.
    Something always happens tho lol

• Yes. But if I really like someone I'm going to up the stakes.

• Are you kidding me? Not at all possible.

• That has never been my experience.

I've been friendzoned by girls I wanted to fuck, and I've friendzoned girls that wanted to fuck me but I thought were unattractive.

• Yes if both don't have fucking organs ! No if they have :/

• unfortunately, no, they can't

• Yes it's definitely possible. People don't always get attracted to opposite sex.
    Most of my close friends are female. Some are like my family - sisters. Rest are very good friends. Eventually I've developed feelings for one, but that's different. So once someone starts developing feelings there are chances that it'll develop into romantic feelings and attraction may grow.

• Yes sure.

What Girls Said 11

• Yes and no. In my experience more of my guy friends wanted to fuck me than actually just be my friend, but as I've aged I notice those disingenuous signs of a man who has other intentions than just being friends so it's easier to filter those guys out.

One of my exes used to say as a guy you can't be friends with a girl you're sexually attratced to. His advice was be friends with girls or guys in my case that you would never fuck even if you were single lol

• Yes I'm friends with a guy who is 2 years younger than me and I've known him for 4 years.
    So he's like my little brother and I could never date my little brother lol

• if theyre both not attracted to one another. or both fully homosexual.

• YES. How many times are people gonna ask this

• YES, it is indeed possible and quite common too. It's not like you are attracted to every guy you meet, so what could possibly stand in the way of a friendship?

• Yeah definitely

• Absolutely yes.

• I have male friends that are just that

• I have very good guy friends

• The guy always tries it in the end. One guy told me a guy will only have two types of female friends, 1 is ugly af and he'd never go there but she's cool, and the other is somebody he wants to fuck. I think he's right.

• Heck yeah. I play baseball and I'm the ONLY girl in the entire league, and I'm friends with tons of guys. (I play being the only girl cause; I can. I'm strong enough, fast enough, and good enough. So why not? I'm actually one of the best people on my team {and my team is great!} ). But in conclusion guys and girls can DEFINITELY be just friends!