What's the best idea you have gotten from a dream?

This dream I had last night inspired this question. It was fucking awesome! ^^

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• A bad ass story!! I woke up and literally busted out thirteen chapters in like five hours.

What Guys Said 13

• Let me get this straight. A dream gave you the idea to ask a question "What's the best idea you have gotten from a dream?"?

Thats some Christopher Nolan wacky shit right there xD anyway, in my experience dreams dont give you ideas cause that part of the brain isn't active. Even long term memory shuts off which is the reason you can't remember your dreams.

• I don't want to tell what idea I got from the dream. I don't want people stealing it. :D

• yeah, that's some real metta shit right der. but you can train yourself to remember and lucid dream. i remember most, if not all of my dreams. maybe not in full detail, but enough. but the odds of having a good idea stemming from it is nearly impossible considering that logic and processing is basically turned off

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau My dreams are extremely vivid. Plus when I got the idea for this creature. It took place in the same gaming world look as Fire Emblem.

• I've gotten a couple song ideas actually for some metal riffs lol. They usually aren't exact note-by-note, all-written-out riffs, but the ideas for them help me out a lot. It lets me craft something from idea.
    in my opinion finding the initial train of thought for a song/riff is the hardest part.

It probably is aided by the fact I work on music right before I go to sleep and as I'm falling asleep I'm still kind of thinking of music. The best ideas come at 3AM xD

• I know how to lucid dream, but thats besides the point.
    One time I had a dream a man came up to me and told me the time, it was time to wake up and go to work! lol

Another time I had a dream about a deal, how to get this guy to sell me some stuff for a very cheap price. I did everything like in the dream and actually got him to sell me the stuff haha

• can't say I ever have gotten a great idea from a dream. if I did then I forgot it. but I can rarely remember my dreams anyway.

• I barely ever dream, which is kinda sad so I haven't gotten any ideas from them.

• Yeah an idea for a product or breaking up with my ex... best ideas ever

• My fathers eulogy (... he's not dead yet)

• I slam not sure if I got any ideas from my dreams. What was your idea?

• My current company. Best dream I ever had that I made real.

• What was your idea that came from. A dream..

• It was a dragon like creature. I won't give to much detail because if this idea ends up being really good. I rather not have anyone steal it. :D But the dream looked like a scene from a Fire Emblem game. So I wasn't having a real life dream. It was a video game visual dream.

• Nice.. Which field he works in VFX animation.. Or programming scripts..

• programming scripts

• Story ideas mostly.
    What did you dream?

• Electronic hand crank on a car, in the dream the car battery was dead, so I pulled a handle out of the trunk and started cranking till the car started.

• I have gotten a great story idea and a lovely painting that I did from them.

What Girls Said 5

• Christian Bale/voice of David Kaye will kiss me.

But really, uhm, space stuff.

• Uh for a cool business I could start where its one third a salon, one third a cafĂ©, and one third a hangout area haha and sometimes the songs I write come from things said in dreams

• Time traveling soldier bear army.

• Answers to my take home physics test. They were right too 😎

• I hardly ever remember my dreams.