Blue eyed pups? How long till we know?

First things first: I know you guys aren't psychic, just asking what you think before anyone comments the obvious.

I'm back with puppy questions! So our full blooded husky female had pups with our chiweenie, they all seem to have the husky clover mask that mom has, and the husky pup build...

The question, how soon will we know if their eyes will remain blue? We've always adopted our dogs except for our husky that we bought, so I'm not too knowledgeable in the puppy department. They all have blue eyes right now. I couldn't get a pic with open eyes, but I provided a pic of mom as a pup and as an adult so you could see her and then her pups so you could see how her features seem to be dominant.

We have people wanting the "ones with blue eyes" and at 10 weeks we are looking to forever home them. Is that old enough for permanent eye color?

Blue eyed pups? How long till we know?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen many huskies with blue eyes. It might even stay that way forever.

Most Helpful Girl

• What eye colour does the chiweenie have?
    But since the puppies have blue eyes it seems that they got the reccesive blue eye colour gene, so I guess they'll stay forever like this. ^ยท^

• The chiwennie has brown eyes, but apparently many puppies are born with blue eyes that change later so I don't know. I think we're gonna have to wait and see. Thanks for the help =)

• This happens with babies too as I have noticed. 😅
      But yeah, later on we (mostly you if you don't plan on posting them later on too 😂) will know for sure. 😁

• Haha true lol. Thanks again 😁

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Aawww... they are so cute! I have seen pups lose eye color after about 6 months, so it's hard to say.

• Thank you! And I think it is almost impossible to say. I researched a little more and there is no clear answer it seems, just gonna have to wait and see.

• ::dying::
    <3 <3

(I have nothing constructive to offer)

• Lol well thanks for trying! You would think it would be an easy enough question to google but I must not be wording it well😜. Couldn't find any clear answers. These folks are just gonna have to take a chance on the blue eyes lol