Is the average guy equally as good looking as the average girl?

• Yes, they are about equal lookswise
  • No, the average girl is typically better looking than the average guy
  • No, the average guy is typically better looking than the average girl
  • They are both naturally equal but with factors like hygiene, clothes, surgery, makeup etc. added in, girls are typically better looking
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll answer on two separate plateaus.

One: Social Value

The average female is much more valuable, socially, than the average male. Females are born with innate social value via reproductive value. Males are born with very little or none. You can recognize this through social perceptions of damage done on females vs. males. A male dying is generally considered acceptable, necessary, or irrelevant. A female dying is generally an outrage on the level of children dying. In essence, eggs are much more finite than sperm: thus much more valuable.

Accomplishment and occupation has always been a method for males to gain their innately absent social value. If both the male and the female have equal occupations and accomplishments, then the female is more valuable. If they're both average, but the male has quite more accomplishments or a moderately better occupation, then they are of equal value.

Social value is important when trying to determine what females find attractive. Therefore, an average female will not find an average male to be as attractive as an average female (from a male they are not emotionally involved with); and, an average female will not find an average male to be as attractive as an average male finds an average female, as physical attractiveness is entirely disassociated from social value with males, but not with females. As a general rule. In essence, females are a lot more influenced by social perceptions on beauty than males are, including how they perceive males.

Two: Physical Attractiveness

Females, as you stated in one of your poll results, have makeup and various cosmetic accessories that are almost always used. So on a purely physical level, females still are probably perceived as more attractive than a male of an equal level due to the extra ornamentation.

As for my personal perception, an average female is much more pleasant to look at than an average male. Of course, I lack any substantive attraction towards males (mostly), so I wonder if any unbiased conclusion could be come to. When you're talking about appearance, it really is just all subjective preference. There might be a standardized model or perspective, but I'm unaware of what it is. It seems to vary between person to person. What one might call average, another might call a 10.

Short answer is an average female is more attractive than an average male for the above reasons.

All my opinion. Agree or don't.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think an average looking guy is better because we accept men as they walk around naturally. We've dolled up women in the media with make up, surgeries, hair dying, fake nails, tans, lashes, hair extensions etc that were not used to seeing women the way they naturally are. An average girl is compared to those dolled up women thus making her less attractive compared to the average guy who doesn't have such steep competition.

What Guys Said 14

• Since I'm a straight male, I obviously voted for "Option B."

While I'll admit if I find a guy handsome or not (Not gay-Just complimenting), I clearly find women physically attractive, since I'm a heterosexual male.

This question should be for people who are Bisexual. Straight people are just going to vote for the opposite gender being "better looking."

• I think the average guy looks better than the average girl. The reason is, is because guys don't wear make up and girls have to cover everything up with foundation and everything else.

• They're the same. Only thing is that average girls look prettier cause of makeup, but that's just fake, so they aren't prettier, they just have a "pretty mask" over an average face.

• The female gender is more aesthetic looking, so the average girl is more pleasing to the eye than the average guy.

• Girls look way better. I'm not just saying that because girls are better looking.. I can rarely look at a dude and say "he's good looking" whereas a girl my downstairs detects the cuties 😂😏

• That makes no sense; good-looking is in the opinion of the observer so of course a straight guy is going to think the average girl is better looking than the average guy. Not sure if it works the other way around though.

• Right, this is what I said.

This question would be interesting if ONLY Bisexual people could answer it.

• I think females tend to be prettier, but then again I'm (a heterosexual) male so that's a given.

• I think they look equal but makeup and being allowed to have long hair gives face a background, which makes girls look good.

• Women have higher standards than men do, so never

A guy will take a 7 long before a girl does

• Keyword there is average so it's equal

• When she takes off her makeup they are.

• depends on who you ask

• Statistically, they are both average.

• Yes they are one might think otherwise cause the average girl wearing make up will not make her look average anymore.

What Girls Said 7

• I find girls more attractive than guys on a regular basis when both are of average good looks. However, if im comparing a hot guy to a hot girl the answer will be the guy.

• We're probably about the same, girls just wear make up so we look better

• I really had to think about this because honestly, the answer didn't come to me straight away. I chose D. The average girl is cuter to me, I guess. I am a pansexual girl so it's really hard to decide this sort of thing, but I think maybe girls to a small degree.

• I have no idea. That's really subjective on the individual.

• From an unbiased point of view they are equal, but then sexual orientation and stuff can change this opinion.

• Of course I'm going to say the average girl looks better. A good looking guy may be up to an average girl.

• Take away the makeup from girls and you have a totally different story

• Awwwww awee a good looking guy only upto an average girl! Oh :'(
      Being man sucks this way

• I think guys tend to look better. Girls without makeup are not that great looking. Guys never wear makeup, their skin is thus better somehow, and with facial hair and whatnot, I think it's a plus for them.