If you met an adult who didn't know what a patent was, would you think they were uneducated?

I met one.

She was nearing 60.

Most Helpful Guy

• Uneducated about patents, yes.

• How can you not know what a patent is?

• I say that because being disconnected with the world can be good because of the trash that the world (society) puts on people. Some or a lot of people may not realize that there is a lot of trash, in a way, that is being spewed out in places and that they need to avoid it. Surprisingly, some people don't avoid it. Violence is one of the trash I'm talking about, if you know what I mean.

• Thank you very much for MHGO.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah, that would be a reasonable thing to conclude.

• There are lots of people who don't know. That's why you never stop learning. So no I would not think they were 'uneducated' because they didn't know what a patent was.

• Obviously she never had the need to know.

• and now you've met another.

I'm nearing 20.

• She should watch Shark Tank then.

• Ha ha.

I thought... basic stuff like that is common knowledge

• Yes.

• no... since knowing about inttellctual property is the height of intelligence.

• Heck, I don't know the difference between a patent and trademark. And I don't care

• Patent is what you get to protect some kind of Intellectual property.

Trademark is sort of like... protecting a name of a company, an image, logo etc.

• wtf is a patnet?

What Girls Said 1

• Eh, maybe. I'd have to see what the person was like in general with knowledge.