Have you ever tried not sleeping for days?

How did you feel?

Most Helpful Girl

• No way. I love sleep too much to do that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, It happens on occasion.

What Girls Said 2

• I've been up for almost 3 days feeling a little Blah now

• Yes and i felt tired afterwards...

What Guys Said 2

• Nope, never. The most I could manage was 24 hours and I felt like a zombie for days.

I hope that it's not something that you're aiming for. Not sleeping for days can seriously fuck up your health.

• I've gone about 5 days without sleep. It was after a hurricane and it was so hot and humid without electricity I couldn't sleep. I was so irritable and felt like I was going to die the entire time. The electricity came back on in the commercial areas of the city first so I dragged a mattress to my parents office and passed out instantly and slept for 24 without waking up. it took about 9 days for electricity to come back on at my home. Other than that, yeah I've stayed up for around 48 hours a number of times without too much issues. Generally getting past the 24 hour mark is the hard part, but then the next 24 hours is manageable, just at a slower pace.

• *9 more days... (2 weeks total)

• That must be tiring. Don't you feel deprived of sleep?

• Eh I don't know. 48 hours isn't a big deal if it's only every once and a while. I can stay up if I'm determined to do something. I wouldn't want to make a habit of it though. 5 days was agonizing.