Is using the oven at 450 degrees for 1 hour safe?

I want to try this recipe

http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/roasted-chicken-and-potatoes/

It says to bake the chicken at 450 degrees for 1 hour.
I never baked anything before. Is it safe?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is safe if you have the chicken in a safe glass container. That says the glass is for oven use. The alternative is to wrap the chicken and aluminum foil. You should know that I do not know how to cook I'm answering your question is a physicist

What Guys Said 10

• I tried it when in my early twenties, and when I opened the oven flames shot into my face and my lips disintegrated. You won't be needing you lips anymore will you?

• yes it is safe and you can use it longer that that

• yes, it's safe. it's a common temperature.

• doesn't everything need to be cooked at 450 degrees?

• No. Certainly not cakes or bread. It's mostly meat that gets cooked at that temperature.

• I was going to troll you but I realized you're just a young lady trying to took, and you already know your place.

• Yes.

• That's going to be some dry ass chicken...

• ah ok, I guess if you have veggies and sauce in there with foil over it you should be fine.

• Sure. That's a 'hot oven', an average baking temp is more like 350. 450 is going to really sear the outside.

• 450 deg F (looks to be a US site) is about 230 deg C, perfectly safe.

BTW: as far as I know ovens can't be set to a temperature higher than they can safely try and heat to (and if your oven has a self cleaning function it can heat to way hotter ie. 500 C / 900 F)

• Fahrenheit or Centigrade?

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, it is safe. Definitely no problem lol. That's what ovens are made for!

• It's perfectly fine. Most home ovens are capable of safely heating to 500 or 550 F. 1 hour for chicken is normal, since it takes a long time to bake and it needs to be be cooked thoroughly.

• That's totally fine. I've done it before or at a temperature very close to that.

• Yes its perfectly safe...