Girls, do you find it Hot when you see a guy fixing his own wound in a movie? Guys, is this the ultimate manly action?

Girls, do you find it Hot when you see a guy fixing his own wound in a movie? Guys, is this the ultimate manly action?Seems like a man isn't a real man until he has fixed his own wound, just taking the pain! the dedication to healing himself despite it. Doesn't it scream 'I'm a man?'

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 27

• ... the only relation to wounds/pain that I see with how 'manly' a guy is is how important he feels it is to his own personal value to play into the gender roles of masculinity.

We all feel pain and to say that you're not bothered by it or don't care to bandage it up , prevent infection as well as lessening the intensity of pain would be plan stupid in my opinion.

• I think its hotter when a girl does it lol!

• Only weenies fix their wounds. True hero's don't have time to bleed. Lol

• i think it's hot yeah, but not those vulgar ones. more like those ones where he rips his own shirt and uses it as a bandage.

• Not at all.

• No, not particularly. I mean, it's cool that someone can take care of themselves, but I wouldn't call it "hot". I have dressed my own wounds, and that of others before.

• not hot but I feel like yea I should do the same and be a though cookie

• Nah, I can't say I do.

• It's just a movie. How often do people in the real world even get wounds like that?

• If you saw your man doing this, what would you think?

• Depends, how often does he find himself in movie level situations?

• it depends on your situation. Ask the guys who have been wounded in combat or those hikers who have been injured in remote areas. It happens more than you think.

• I think it's cool when everyone does it, women included. It shows great resourcefulness. :)

• Hmm I don't know, I feel neutral about it because guys pretty much fix their own wound in real life so I don't see much difference on that.

• eeh... only if the guy is super hot..

• Makes him look capable for sure 😊

• I don't think it's sexy but I think it's cool. I don't want to be wounded or anything, but it would be nice to have that skill myself.

• Nah, i'm indifferent. If he needs to do that to prevent bleeding everywhere, so be it

• I find it hotter when he is hurt but doesn't act like it is even there until his girl sees it and she goes to fix it. Then as she's fixing it he winces in pain a bit showing his vulnerability a bit more. That's a lot hotter than seeing a guy fix his own wound

• Not really. If anything I cringe since I'm imagining how much that probably hurts.

• Not necessarily lol

• No, I think that he's just going to fuck that up even more if he doesn't know what he's doing.

• No I like when the girl does it and he flinches to show his vulnerable side.
    That's the ideal man. He goes out and fights the bad guys but is soft when he comes home.

• Yes. My boyfriend does that. And he gets hurt constantly.

• Naah, Bro that is where i have to draw the line :/

• Well, not really. I think it's hot when he carries a girl "saving her" but wounds can just be disgusting.

• Whats so manly about that I fixed up my split knee out in the bush.

• Nah. Not really

• Not really lol

• Nope

• What do you think when you see a scene like that?

• If he was a doc and i had a problem dealing in the field he works in, then sure.

• @ Asker I'll handle this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UItPtkzyLs

^anon girl, what do you think of this?

This guy can protect AND get resources. Dream come true for you ain't he?

What Guys Said 6

• So trauma aid is a real thing for people who are into extreme sports, remote activities (survival) or some military scenarios. I have dislocated my knee and pushed it back into place, wrapped it with duct tape so I could move again. I have applied superglue to my own wounds to assist in clotting. I have duct tapped a maxipad to my thigh to keep pressure on a pierced artery. Held a stack of books so my shoulder would go back into the socket.

It happens but not like in the movies. It takes a special person to endure as most will slip into shock or not be willing to tolerate the pain. It is definitely not cool and a required skill to know and to be able to do if you want to do certain activities.

• Field surgery is kind of badass. Jason Bourne with the vodka at the end of Bourne Supremacy was a good example of a quick and improvised solution.

• its a movie and a horrible example. no one with a brain would pour alcohol (a blood thinner) into an openly bleeding wound. The popular justification is to treat the wound for infection but that is wrong. If you cut yourself a little or after the bleeding has clotted you can swab an area to disinfect. However pouring alcohol on an open wound is just stupid. You need to stop the bleeding first, infection is the least of your worries unless you are mucking around in a remote jungle river.

• either you have a comprehension problem or some other affliction because in a lame attempt to "attack me" you actually provided links that support EXACTLY what I said in the first place. Thank you for validating my response! :-)

• Hell yeah, manly as fuck

• I'm terrified of needles. Could never do that! :P

• Nope the the manly action would be to con the woman into fixing the wound.

• Honey can you get me the sowing kit I have a cut that needs tending to.
    ok honey... her is a band aid for it we are all out of stitches for small cuts.

Who really get's hurt like that without being taken to a hospital?
    Do women find it hot when a guy tends to his wounds probably but no one is that manly/stupid ouside of the movies.