Would you be able to defend yourself if you got into a fight?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the opponent of course. I've been in a lot of fights probably, compared to the average person, so I have an idea what I'm doing and I definitely have the "black out and go psycho" thing, that's actually one of the main reasons I try not to fight anymore, besides being way too old for that shit. I've probably gone too far a few times in trying to really injure people, in my younger days.

But no matter how bad you think you are, there's someone out there that could fill you in. Now with MMA being such a big thing, I don't think I even want to fight anymore, haha, some 150 pound kid out there probably looks innocent enough but might put me to sleep in 5 seconds. So I'm going to retire now with my winning record and hope I don't need to fight again, haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. By falling to the ground and pretending to be dead.

What Guys Said 18

• Well that depends entirely on the situation doesn't it? Is he military trained? Has a weapon etc. Thus far in my life I have been able to defend myself but I haven't had to in a long time and to be honest it would take a lot for me to actualy fight (long story short I'm more afraid of what I would do then what would be done to me, I have had enough stitches to not be to bothered by physical trauma). So short answer most likely yes.

• I could kill a man if I had to though I hope that day never comes, I can easily enough defend myself against most folks you would com across that would engage you in a fight, a trained individual like myself would give me some trouble though depending on how well they are trained. I never leave the house unarmed at night though, better to be armed and never need your weapon then to be unarmed and need it I say.

But really what it comes down to is not only your ability to fight but your mindset and your will to survive if faced in a situation were your life is on the line or at the very least were you could get very seriously injured. At the end of the day your mindset and what you are willing to do and what lines you are willing to cross will determine whether it's you in the dead in the street or laying broken in a hospital bed or will it be the other guy.

• fighting skills are not important. your mindset is.
    in every situation your behavior and communication can prevent a fight so if you are good at that, you´re not having a fight anyway.

now if you are in an extreme situation, fightingskills are usually not needed. for example: even the most experienced fighter will probably go down, if you suddenly punch them straight in the face.

i know enough to about human physique, that i wouldn´t hurt myself doing it and i´m physically strong enough for it so in an emergency, there´s not a lot, an offender could do.

of couse in a fight there´s allways the possibility to lose. that´s where mindset plays a role again. if you decide to "fight" then you can´t go half assed. you just give the sucker your best shot and that´s basically it for 99% of the real world fights.

no fight in the real world takes as long as in the kung fu movies.

• 1|0
  • probley not i would get my a@@ kicked

• No that's why I don't get in fights, and if that did happen i'd be screwed unless my girlfriend was there she could probably win the fight she knows martial arts, and is stronger then me, cuz er strength is probly average, mine is below average

• I dont try to block just take the hits and throw some back. Been concussed like 3 times, my memory sucks now

• Self defence, um sure.
    I'm pretty agile. Fast kicks ya know.

• I'm 250lbs and trained in kickboxing and jiu jistu, so yeah.

• Yes, of course! I don't back down from anyone!

• I'd be able to. Didn't learn Taekwondo for no reason.

• It depends whom I'm fighting.

• With Justin Bieber, yes. With Mike Tyson, no.

• The best way to win a fight is to never get into a fight.

• Whose the opponent?

• I could never condone violence

• I did boxing for most of my life and was a blue belt in bjj before i had to stop
    So i would hope so

• yes... coz i hard...

What Girls Said 13