Worst day ever, help?

Today has just been one long string of shitty events that have basically broken me down to tears, which isn't something that normally happens. Does anyone have advice on what I can do to cheer myself up, or is there anyone out there who wouldn't mind being a shoulder to cry on even for just one day? Any advice helps.

Most Helpful Guy

• Feel free to message me if you need to talk. Talking can be one of the best way to clear things up.

As for trying to cheer yourself up, it will be things that can distract you mind enough to get it off of the problem for a while. Basically to give it time to relax, to change the chemical production in the brain, get a bit of dopamine in the mix, get the subconscious working on the problem instead. What exact thing would work for that will depend on your interests and stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry about that. Just staying home and have some self-care time, is what cheers me up. I clean my room, put clean sheets on my bed, take a shower, make some tea and prepare a snack, lighten up some candles and then stay in my bed. Cry if you feel like it, it's okay. Read a book if you can focus on reading, if you can't then just watch some YouTube videos or a good movie. I hope you'll feel better soon. And I'm here if you need someone to talk to. 💗

• Thank you for th advice I appreciate that offer <3 I have tea, but I never even thought about trying that out to calm down, thanks! :) I'll try those things.

• You are welcome! ❤️ Yeah, it does help me to calm down. I hope it'll have the same effect on you. :)

What Guys Said 16

• Distractions. tv, non-sad music, walks, going swimming, junk food, books. playing an instrument, sleep, valarian root/kava kava, watching stand up comedians on youtube. And no. I got my own problems.

• When I've had a rough day I just get in my happy place. For me it would be eating pizza and ice cream while watching How I Met Your Mother. Think about what makes you happy and do it. Sure, feel free to message me.

• Thanks for that advice, I'm not quite sure where my happy place would be though. I will message you, thank you for that offer :)

• netflix and comfort food.

have at it, works 80% of the time

• I do have Netflix, but I'm trying to avoid comfort food (All we have is oatmeal anyway </3)

• When I get super frustrated I just keep my mind busy and shut down all thoughts regarding my frustration source, i usually do that by playing video games or watching random stuff on youtube. unless it's a problem that requires my immediate attention, that's what I do. Good luck. 👋

• 1st day is the worst
    2nd day sucks
    3rd day is worse than average
    4th day is back to normal

Bad days come in triplets.

• Here's something I read back in 2012:
    "People are making end of the world jokes like there is no tomorrow."

• Snap !
    I'm late :P
    Though my shoulder's are empty 😂

• Say it here, just writte, it wil makeyou feel better.
    What's up? : /

• Drink

• Hey keep your head up! Go outside and look at the stars! (NOT THE SUN)

• if u need to talk i am a good listener

• You're 17. You've got your whole life ahead of you.

• It's still been a bad day, I realize that I have my life ahead of me and I look forward to making that life for myself, but it's hard to focus on that when you feel like utter crap :/

• I usally go the tequila and casual sex route but that's probably not the heathiest way to deal with it

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• haha Same! I came out of thearpy hunger and dumbfounded! I cried a lot!!! And I fear the future. Things are going to change. I wonder if I can handle it.

• Obama asked me to say to you "Yes you can!"
      So yeah. xD

• Is it a man or woman?
      Seems it's already making you good.

• Play a game online

• I'm so sorry to hear about your day, but my advise is to get out and do something that you love doing to get your mind off what has already past the and tomorrow is a new day full good surprises to come

• Late response but can be used for future purposes. When I had a long, stressful day I take a warm bath, do some yoga, get in comfy clothes, go to my happy place which is the library, listen to guns n roses (specifically Don't Cry that song always helps for getting through tough times) watch New Girl or Parks and Rec those shows always makes me laugh, write in my journal, and wash all my bedding because clean bedding is a small thing but it makes a difference. If you want to talk I am here.

• Listen to music ❤️❤️ Take a long nap? Go for a walk.. Eat your favorite foods, watch good movies/shows on netflix..

• Don't know if I'd be much of a help, but i'd happily be a shoulder you could cry on, just message me if you want:)