How often do you go out with friends? share your age. and what you do when you go out?

make sure you share your age. I'm curious to see how it differs with each age group.

• everyday
  • few times a week
  • once a week
  • coulpe times a month
  • once a month
  • rarely/only special occasions
  • never/friendless

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 21. Few times a week or less (really depends). Not as much as before since mah close friends have left to study for uni elsewhere... So now maybe 2-3x a week go out with new found friends or some friends left in the city. Most of the time i would tag along my bro, i consider him as a friend too and his friends. We all know each other...

We dont really do anything out and about. Drive around watch cinema, walk around. Stay at other friends house and watch. Chat. Bruhhh its all expensive to spend money to do much here lel.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm 18. I'm a high schooler. I can't drive. BUT, it's Spring Break right now. I went out with friends yesterday to get high, then I slept over and now I'm going out again today to sleepover at my best friends house and then tomorrow after I get back home from his place, I'm gonna hang out with my boyfriend. Then I'm going to hang out with him again on Sunday to go bowling. Right now, I have a life. Talk to me next week? That may not be the case lol.

My social life is kind of iffy sometimes. It kinda depends. I am busy a lot on the weekends and I have rehearsals Tues.-Thurs. on the weekdays. I hang out with my best friend and boyfriend during that time because we are all in a musical with each other. I Skype with my best friend a lot and snapchat my friends a bunch. I hang out with them when I'm not busy. So, maybe like twice to three times a month I hang with them. It really depends. Since I don't have a car/my permit/drivers license I rely on my mom and friends to drive me around.

Most times we just drive around, go to Wawa, walk around, gossip or get high/drunk. Depends on our moods.

What Guys Said 23

• i go out whenever... sometimes with a game plan, sometimes i leave it to the universe... the universe ones usually end up being more fun... lol... good times.

• definitely! I used to do that. lately I won't go out on my own though

• I try not to... but sometimes it can't be avoided. but going out with the friends that I have and leaving it to the universe... well.. sometimes cops get involved.

• Of my four best friends:
    1) The nearest one (8 hours drive) I see about once a year
    2) 2900 miles away, I see about 2-3 times a year
    3) 2700 miles away, I've seen I think three times in the last 15 years
    4) 3000 miles away, I haven't seen in 17 years, and only 6-7 times in the 20 years before that

Yes, they are all still good friends whom I've been friends with for 40-60 years. I've known two of them since I was a baby (I don't remember ever NOT knowing them). One I've known since I was 5. The last I've known since just after high school.

• Why do you not find friends that live close to you? There would be more opportunity for communication and social interaction then.

• @AARON9890 They lived nearby when I first knew them. I grew up with 3/4 of them. We just scattered all over when we got older.

It's a lot less common to make friends when you get older. You meet a lot of acquaintances, but not friends like you think of friends when you are younger. There are local people I call friends, but not like the ones I grew up with. I also have a couple of good online friends that I've been talking to for 8-10 years.

• how do you keep in touch with them? phone? facebook/social media?

• I see my best friend once or twice a month (she works crappy hours) and my friend from high school maybe every six weeks?

When I was at university, I was out with my friends several times a week. Then you graduate and enter the real world with work and long hours and people get into serious relationships and move away and your social life can dwindle.

I'm an introvert anyway, so I am pretty content with my small circle.

• what kind of work do you do?

and yea, I'm having a hard time with my dwindling social life. :/ I need a boyfriend or a pet, hobby, something.. lol

• hmm, I've never been on a work outing

• Some companies organise them as teambuilding exercises (or just take everyone to a bar), sometimes work buddies make arrangements to all go out together.

• When I was in my 20's and single, I used to go out clubbing with my friends every Friday and Saturday night.

Now that we're pushing 40, I meet up with my friends probably 3 or 4 times a month at most. When we meet up, we don't stay out late anymore. We're usually done drinking by 10:00 p. m. at the very latest.

Depressing, huh?

• And I'm 35, turning 36 soon :*

• @AARON9890 , also, have fun and take risks because living with regret is the worst. Just don't do anything stupid that can get you into trouble. Lol.

• Good advice! And yeah i already feel as though i'm ageing far too quickly, my life as a student absolutely flew past. It saddens me to think that this time next week ill have finished university altogether... it scares me a bit as well!

• It varies. My best friends all live in other states so I tend to see them every 2-3 months, although we all end up moving around and living situations change so it's not really consistent.

My "local friends" in the area I live now I used to see like every week or two last year but since the beginning of this winter I've only seen them about once a month. Haven't felt like it because the same kind of connection just isn't there.

If my best friends lived nearby, I'd probably like to see them 3-4 times per week.

• I don't go out with them all that much now a days because some of them are in school or out of the state etc. But when they're available I hang out with them once a week or something.

• cool, I was one of those people who moved away after high school and whenever I was back home always felt awkward

• Lol well I try to not make me feel that way lol.

• Generally speaking I'd usually go out with frienda once or a a few times a week. Usually it's going to bars/clubs but I also go into town with them to have lunch/go to the cinema/go watch ice hockey and football (soccer) matches. I have some good friends that like going out all the time which is why I'm out so often 😀. However I'm currently working on my dissertation for uni which is scheduled for submisson in 3 weeks so ill not see much of them from now until then 😣😣

• haha, go study! ;)

• its 3 am here in UK and im just finishing doing work haha. Wanting to get it done as quick as possible as i want my life back haha

• I'm 16, and the only time I leave my house is to go to school or the store, and sometimes to a restaurant on special occasions, and yeah I have friends, but I haven't been any were with my friends, but a friends house like a year ago

• why so long ago?

• Well, I was invited, and it was supposed to be a birthday party, but everyone was either a Mormon (it was on a Sunday, and Mormons can't do anything on Sunday), out of state, or busy, me her Boyfriend (who is her ex boyfriend now), and one of her other friends were the only ones that showed up, so pretty much it was just me hanging out at her house, and I've been invited to go to peoples houses recently, but I was busy, or just not comfortable with that friend, or that friends neighborhood to go

• rarely/only special occasions and they are family so doe that count? age is listed in profle

• Not as much as I used to. Granted, it's rather hard to do when you work 3rd shift.

• Rarely now. It used to be daily, then little by little over the years less and less. Life gets in the way as you age. Relationships, jobs, kids, moving (different cities/towns) etc. Plus your interests usually change somewhat as well. I've had the same friends since childhood but rarely see them anymore.

• Most of my friends are usually too busy for me.
    So it every now and then when they have time.
    Sad... I know.
    When we do hang out its usually us going to the movies or some event.

• Once or twice a week.

• rarely on special occasions. I am 41

• 27 and once a week.

• what kind of stuff do you get up to?

• mostly just hang out or eat somewhere it is good. right now i just came from long walk. went to beach with friends almost 6km far from my flat... then came back.. it was good time spent with friends. :)

• I go out once or twice a week on average, been crazy busy lately. We'll hit the pub, or the gun range once in a while.

• Few times a week. We go out to bars, restaurants, local festivals, or we meet up at someone's house.

• Enjoying life and sharing joy and pain. Talking and best part is remembering stories which we created.

• Usually on weekends... can't stand my friends more than one or two times a week :D... I'm 24

• Friendless and proud I'd say... but yet not a loner... I'm almost 25 by da way...

Well wot can I say? I have nothing to share wid anyone... so when we go out we're gonna remain speechless or they might talk about themselves... I have nothing to say about me to anyone...

Of course I'd enjoy da company of a chick I'm willin' to bang I should add... otherwise I'm way too bored...

• I go out once a week with my my buddies. We usually just go to the bars and have a good time

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

• I've stopped fighting the age thing, and realized that apparently everyone has a life, and spouses, and kids, and endless work that they need to attend to, so if I can squeeze a couple of times a month out of my main crew, we make the most of it. Rewind to a decade ago, and I would get a call at 2am in the morning, like, hey you want to go hang out with our 10 friends, and it was on. It was then grabbing breakfast and then barely making it to our first class like every other day. I miss those days, but such is life.

• funny thing is very few of my friends have gotten married or have kids. yet they too have become hermits. I need new people to hangout with. :/

• our schedules don't line up, and it's hard to coordinate things. but, with enough advance notice, we're occasionally able to get together.

of my closest friends here in town: we are 43, 40, 32, and (me) 29.
    the rest vary in age between 25-45~ we're a pretty diverse group.

worth noting is that i'm not from the province i live in, and i still have friends from high school and college that i try to visit whenever i have a chance to visit home.

• Okay so I'm a bit of a loser lol.
    A couple times a week I workout with friends at the gym. We do girls nights about once a month where we mostly sit around talking and eating lol. Once a month I have book club. A couple times a month my best friend and I take the kids somewhere fun. Every couple of months we go shopping. Few times a year we go to a chick flick. Few times a year we do crafting nights. Most days in the summer we sit around my front yard and gossip with a few of our girlfriends. And sometimes we do couples nights or camping trips.
    I'm 36 with kids so it's harder than before!

• It really varies from once a month to three or four times a month. We typically grab dinner and drinks. We may drive around, having jam sessions in the car. In the end, we go back to someone's house and just chill by talking, playing games, and/or watching a movie.

• I go out with mine at least once a week. We have varying work and college schedules so it's usually just spontaneous dinners or movie nights.

• I used to do movie nights with friends a lot. I should start that up again

• They're fun :) we've recently started a themed potluck kinda thing to go along with it which has been a lot more interesting than just buying a pizza like we were doing

• yes! I love potlucks. I used to do that too a few times a month (:

• I'm 21 and live with my uni friends in dorms :) and we go out a couple times a week.

But when I'm home for summer holidays, I visit/go out with my friends everyday, these aren't my uni friends, they're friends from 6th form and secondary school.

I don't see my school friends all year, so in summer we make the most of it, and because I live with my uni friends all year, by summer we have had enough of each other lol and see each other about once every few weeks.

• Every Friday I hang out with some friends and play dnd... Other than that I don't do much. I'm 17, 18 in 2 weeks

• Used to go out a lot, but now it's usually for special occasions. I try to see my friends once or twice a month at least though, but we'll usually get together to play sports or something. Once in a while we'll do dinner or beers.

• A couple times a month to once a month, and I'm 22.

If I had friends who liked going out more I'd be down for going out once a week.

• last time i saw a friend outside of school was in the store lol but actually hanging out was in December at our sleepover. it was winter break, we had 2 weeks off n had nothin better to do lol before that it was just cuz (a different girl) and then before that my birthday. so rarely lol

• I'm 28 and I hang out with friends and few times a month. I voted on each a month by accident. But we usually go out for drinks and hookah or we just have dinner and play games inside.

• I go out or socialise with friends 3-5 times a week

• I go out at least one night every weekend with friends. We usually have drinks then go to the bar or we will go to a house party or a hockey game. I'm 36 just like my age states.

• I haven't been to a house party in forever. I prefer them to bars actually because even if I don't know everyone, someone knows them and somehow that makes me more comfortable around everyone there

• Couple times a month, and in the summer it's close to nearly every weekend, we usually go to bars, parties. i'm 21 about to be 22 next month. Going out and getting wasted all the time just isn't my thing

• I'm not into going to get drunk either. I go do other activities and once in a blue moon go to a house party

• I have no friends sadly );!

• I'm 21 and my friends live with me at school, but we all go out together at the very least every Friday and Saturday night. Sometimes Thursday is added on, and sometimes we'll all go to dinner together or something during the week.

• 24 and i rarely go out with friends. If/when we do go out its usually just to the local bar/grill to hang out...

1 private opinion(s)