What should my relationship status be on here?

So I don't have a girlfriend or wife, but I do have some casual partners.

• In a relationship
  • Dating
  • It's complicated
  • Single

Most Helpful Girl

• Either single or dating, but to me and many others "dating" means you're just seeing one person. If you're just casually sleeping with random people or have FWBs or any of that, you're still single because you're not committed to any of them.

You're not in a relationship so don't select that one, lol.

• Yeah but I've also heard dating means you're not really with that person but you're seeing that person, because if you were with that person you'd be in a relationship with them.

Plus I'm still not sure what "It's complicated" means. It can't be the same as crushing because there's already an option for that.

• Well dating is a form of commitment because you're continuously making an effort to see that person (or people). But it also means you're doing other things with each other besides having sex. So if you're only having sex with these people, you're not really dating them.

"It's complicated" to me means that they're in some sort of relationship and it might be on the rocks, or maybe they're in a polyamorous relationship, or something like that.

• Wouldn't the "It's complicated" stuff mean more along the lines of the first one you said? That makes more sense, because the other I think is closer to like taking a break. But eh maybe not.

In any case they need another option I think. Single to me means you're not in any relationship at all. Sexual partners are still relationships. Oh well. Seems like single is the best option out of what they got. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• Its complicated lol!

• I'd probably go for dating. People can date multiple casual people, I think?

• That's what I thought but someone said they can't.

• It's not a big thing here in the UK, you tend to go straight to a relationship but I thought dating was like a non official 'we're seeing if we like each other' kinda thing.

• Yeah I guess, but you can do that with multiple people. Some people will "date around" with different people instead of just one.

• probably 'no comment'...

• Why? I don't mind people knowing.

• well do you see a relationship status that says 'NSA' or 'casual'?
      None of the ones listed in the poll are applicable so whichever you choose, none will be accurate for your case.

• Oooo my turn... It should be DISREGARD WOMEN & ACQUIRE MONEY? 😂😂 only smart people will get that one.

• Oh my.. I find this very interesting. 😶

• You're single. Or no comment. Having casual partners doesn't amount to much when it comes to terms of labelling. I have a few myself and still consider myself to be single.

• But wouldn't no comment mean you're ashamed of it?

• No. I had a boyfriend. I just have casual partners when needed. No comment means that's it's no ones business what your relationship status is.

• Oh. Can't you fix it so it won't show any relationship thing at all though? Instead of just no comment? It seems pointless for that option. They could have used that for friends with benefits or casual.

So you broke up with him?

• You're dating and it's complicated :P

• 'It's complicated' because it's not as serious as being in relationship or dating but you do have sexual intercourse, so you're not exactly single at the same time.

• Funny money it's always complicated

• Probably No Comment or Dating.

• I went with "It's complicated" because that's what most people voted.

Someone said dating means that you're committed to meeting that person even if you aren't in a relationship with them.

I still don't quite understand "No Comment".

• That they are in a relationship, but not happy? Yeah someone else mentioned that.

• Yeah or had a nasty breakup or something.

• I'd say single because you aren't attached to one person.

• They should have " FWB" LOOOL. Say you are single :)

• Yeah they should.

• It's complicated is good too. But that makes it sound like you are in an on-off relationship. Or you are in a cluster-fuck situation! hahaha that is how i think of it. Could mean something else to somebody else though :) single sounds best though. You are not attached but have occasional encounters !

• No one on here really cares or respects relationships, but, "it's complicated" sounds about right

• No one on here respects relationships?

• "No one on here really cares or respects relationships,"

That's how it started. Alright. I put that on my profile.

• Hey, don't forget to quote the author.
      I'll sue

• I'm curious. What exactly does casual partners mean?

• I say 'single'

• put it down as being single even though its more complicated than that.

What Guys Said 5

• Complicated I guess? I don't know lol.

• Probably complicated, as you seem to be complicated when it comes to socializing with other people.

• Hahahahaha what?

• Yeah, but not totally. I agree with your definition too, but I think the definition can vary more than just the one you're thinking of.

• I'm not so sure it varies.

• Im married. I've got married when i was more 40. And i must say its excellent.

• Partner of casual sex right? So u r single

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more