What is the sadest thing you have ever done?

My dad was a Very strict man when I was a kid. I was around 12. He never let me go out and play with my friends before I had done all of my homework, and when I was done he tested me to see if I learned anything. Ofc I didn't always answer right and therefore I had to sit there for hours and read and read. I was barely a C student cuz I didn't actually read, I just sat there waiting for the day to end. When my friends knocked on the door, he wouldn't let me go out and play with them. One day, I had done all of my homework and passed my dads "test", so I asked him if I could go out. He said go, but only in the neighborhood (btw, I lived in the hood, in the suburb, with lots of crimes and stuff. He was way overprotective tho.). Well, in the neighborhood I only had 2-3 friends. I knocked on my first friends door and no one was home (middle of the day, saturday). I thought oh well, so I went to my other friends home, no one opened, no one was home there either. I thought, shit, this can't be... Then I went to the last one friend I wanted to go to and from outside his door I heard screams (family fight/agrument). So I knocked on the door. Waited, waited, waited, no one opened. I knocked again, nothing! No one came to the door! Did no one heared the bell? Or did they just ignore it? So I rang again, then the mother opened and before I could say anything she said "he can't come out!", then she closed the door on my face. Sad as fuck I went home and said no one could come out, can I play on your PC dad? He said fine. At least that made my day cuz I rarely could touch his PC normaly.
Anw, the sadest thing I have done in my life of what I can remember was desperately ringing that bell 3 times wanting to play with my friends. What is the sadest thing you have ever done?

Most Helpful Girl

• My baby nephew died just over a year. He was born premature so he had to go on life support, because his lungs weren't fully developed. The Doctors made the decision to switch his life support off. His mum (my brother's wife) collapsed as they tried to place my dying nephew in her arms. Instead , they placed him in mine , as they rushed her to another department in the hospital. I held my nephew in my arms until he took his last breath. That vision will haunt me forever.

Most Helpful Guy

• :( hold my dog while he get euthanised cause of his disease... i got 4 dogs and with 2 of them i needed to get though this, im down for weeks every time :( my vet do this in my home... so the last thing my poor freinds see is not the animal clinic, but it everytime it breaks my heart.

What Girls Said 7

• Break down at like the age of 14 for feeling deeply depressed and suicidal. I sat in the living room chair and straight up told my mom with tears running down my face that I wanted to die.
    I was a very depressed teenager then. I felt alone, like no one could ever understand me or feel the emotions I was feeling. It was like I was numb. I had this constant feeling of sadness for no reason and I couldn't get rid of it. I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone about how I was feeling.
    The truth was, I didn't want to die, I just wanted to be saved.

It was all teenage hormones. I started writing poetry to let out all my thoughts and feelings. I still have some old ones, I threw out most of the super depressed ones. I have since then written many uplifting poems. I have found writing happy things helps far more. I am 10x more happy today.

• Wow, I felt exactly the same! :O Like, exactly the same, when I was around 14-15! I didn't write anything down tho. Those feelings just passed with time. Today I'm happier than ever :)

• Yep! I believe it was just teenaged hormones lol.

• I've spent my entire life feeling as if I really have no one to trust or no one who understands me. I was quarantined in my home last year for a whole month with MRSA, hardly any food in the house and no family brought me any or came to check on me. I was allergic to the antibiotics. I could barely walk at the time. One of my lifelong best friends passed away and so did one of my cats during this time. The one relative who understood me is dead and everyone got to go to her funeral but me. I should have been there. This was in the same time period. I have other bad stories too.

• Awe... you are blessed if that is the saddest thing you've experienced.

• Having to watch my cat be put down and die and hearing his heart stop as I cried into his fur. He was only 4 but he got sick unexpectedly I thought I'd have so many more years with him it happened so fast.

• I gave my dog away.. -.- so sad i don't want to think about it. It still upsets me. I hope my baby is happy where he is now.

• Running away from home when I was 13, taking half a bottle of expired pain pills and laying down on the train tracks waiting to die... It was a low point in my life. :/

• Wow what happened?

• @Cody3180 I was raped and got pregnant... My family called me a slut and a murderer for aborting it... It was a low point for me... I woke up in the back of an ambulance and spent 3 weeks in the mental hospital.

• Omg that's awful and your family is crazy for saying that. You were 13 and even more so it wasn't even your actions that led to the pregnancy. I'm glad you're better now though :)

• My grandfather just died yesterday. I feel like the sadest thing I've done is not playing the piano ofter for him.

What Guys Said 9

• The suburbs aren't the hood. Suburban ghettos are a lot cleaner and less violent and crime filled than an actual hood. Unless you heard guns popping off every other week, it wasn't "the hood". Suburban ghettos are typically in the middle of large, affluent middle class areas. Oh. Sweden. Does Sweden even have ghettos? Well. Like I said. Unless you saw dead bodies on the street and heard gunfire every other week or month, I don't think it's correct to classify it as "the hood". At least, not in the states. Particularly if that was the saddest thing you've ever done, in which case, you seriously have a great
    life.

As for the saddest thing I've ever done, don't wanna go into it. Suffice it to say, about a billion times sadder than that.

• That is not the saddest thing I have ever done lol. That was the saddest thing of my childhood that I pretty much laugh about now... People often get killed there. Gang fights, murders, robberys, pretty much anything... It is not that clean there either. It might not be like or be compared to "the hood" like people think in America but it's pretty much the same.

• Semantics, I guess. In America, suburbs are considered relatively safe middle class areas. So I was like "A suburb hood?" Guess just culture language gap. Like in Canada, I found out, "ghetto" is a really insulting term, but in the States, it's not insulting: it's just what they're called.

• There are good middle class suburbs here in sweden and then there is hood/ghetto like suburbs like the one I wrote about.

• Hunting, I hate taking the life of animals it's always sad I always say a prayer thanking them for their sacrifice as I need the food sometimes, after I approach them and if my shot doesn't kill them I say the prayer so that they hear it then I make sure they're dead.

It's always sad but it's part of life, the natural order of things.

• You put every part of their body to use? My uncle is a hunter and when he kills a deer, a fox, a rabbit or whatever, he uses every part of their boty for something. like their bones, their skin, their meat.
      I support how you do your hunting. Good job! (y)

• Well every part that I can yeah, I don't like wasting anything and nice, than you.

• The saddest thing that I have done is held friends as they died.
    Then there was one of my dogs, a big black German Shepherd named Hagar, who had to be given the green dream because he was dying of liver failure. If I had been able to identify without doubt which of my neighbours poisoned him with snail bait. . .

• Your dad wanted to make sure you did your homework and actually learned the material? He has to be the world's harshest parent. What a dick.

• It felt like that... And the worst part wasn't that it happened. I adapted and I learned how not to get caught in doing other things other than homework lol. The worst thing about it was that my friends didn't read as much as me and they got better grades! That really pissed me off back then and now even more cuz of the thought I lost half of my childhood just sitting in front of a desk.

• I suppose you could have had some kind of undiagnosed learning disability.

• Nope, if I wanted to I could have actually read all the time but I didn't even try lol. I just lost all my interest in school. When I got into high school tho he became way easier on me. I was aloud to go out whenever I wanted and everywhere I wanted. My grades went as much up as they could go and now I'm a student at a university. My childhood was pretty boring but now I'm all good.

• I finally managed to tell my parents I tried to kill myself twice in the past.
    They didn't know, It was over two years ago and they hadn't notice and they really don't get it.

• I tried aswell when I was younger. 14-15. I couldn't do it lol. With time my deppression passed. Guess it was the hormons of puberty.

• Getting alopecia areata made me feel like complete shit.

• My wife. WAHEY!
    ... Awww...

• Leaving the ones whome I loved more than myself.
    The saddest thing ever.

• I cheated on my parent and broke their trust in me. I'm still sorry for that.