Are people with high IQ weird?

I've often hear that people with high IQ are weird, crazy, not very social bla bla bla...

Mine is 152 and since I was 12 I've been told by everyone who knows me that I am a madman.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always been told that I'm weird and apparently I have a high IQ too, so I guess it makes sense. 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a 140... same deal. We think differently and have trouble interacting with everyone else, because they can't see what we see, and vice versa.

What Girls Said 9

• Most Psychopaths have a really high IQ , and they are very sociable people

• My mother has a 138 IQ which is near genius and I think it's the cause of a lot of her problems. She's had 6 or 7 hospitalizations beginning when I was 10.

• some people with high IQs can be pretty eccentric, and maybe a little bit socially awkward.

But just because people don't "get them" as easily, should not define them as "weird" or "madman".

• Being around my husbands friends who have ridiculous IQ's, yes.
    This is just from personal experience.
    Many are socially awkward
    Others are high functioning autistics
    Weird, eccentric etc etc

• Usually the introverts and intelligent people are ostracized by society so it's possible. Not that it's a bad thing the best people are weird

• Most smart people are weird. I should know😊

• I'm weird.

• I don't think a persons intelligence has anything to do with being weird.

• You definitely don't sound like a madman to me.

• I quietly cut the neighbour's power line at night when he was using boom boxes at max. How does that sound?

• Rude.

• As for your question, no.

What Guys Said 15

• I'm weird, but not socially retarded kinda weird.

I seem smart because I can memorize shit from a book. It's just memory for me, not actual intelligence. I ace exams and shit, but I'm not actually an intellectual guy.

I mean, I like to work on cars and smoke pot - not really stereotypical academic material.

I'm a bit of a sociopath too. But I have friends and get laid and shit, so y'know, who cares right?

• Eh, I'm reserved but confident and sociable. I know I'm not like everyone else, but I blend in well enough in day to day life... To some I might be weird or crazy, and to others I might be interesting... I don't mind either way.

• I don't think it matters. I'm dumber 'n' a box of nails and I'm crazier than a sewer rat!

• so thats why i am such a weirdo! i'm just smarter than everyone...

• Yes, usually... They see the world in a different way, so they are seen differently too, in context I mean. I wouldn't know since I have the lowest IQ in the southern quadrant.

• Some can be but I don't know enough people with a crazy high IQ to really be able to give you a proper answer.

• No not all

• 142.. nope no where near weird I'm 100% normal!

• My IQ is somewhat over 120

not a big deal, the only problem is that im I think sometimes faster than speak.. that sounds not very smart then :)

• Maybe your just a weirdo.

• No. Many are normal. Most aren't even interesting.

• No. They're just useless in bed.

• It really depends. Your normal intelligent type is very different from the stereotypes. In real life it is typically fit, healthy often attractive people. Reason? Staying healthy and fit keeps your mind sharper, giving it better chances to grow. As for attractive? Attractive people tend to stay healthier.

Now as for the more extreme, we're talking the 0.005 top percentile (which is where you belong if your IQ is an actual 152, genius going at 145 and up) you will often (in my own experience) find that they have quirky or out of the ordinary personalities. Now madman? Not at all. People who are immensely intelligent tend to have a very good grasp of what is and what is not acceptable behavior, at least in theory :P

• From all my observations I must say that people with high IQ are somewhat odd.
    For example, there is this kid in my school with whom I happened to have IT classes for the past few years. At first he looks like a normal student but once you start having a conversation with him it becomes clear he has a problem socializing with people. He says and does odd things, trying to "fit" it, but not realizing that his method is just not working.
    I also noticed that many geniuses and high IQ people have tendency to die at early age, develop some kind of disability or psychological illness.
    My conclusion would be that people with high IQ are indeed somewhat weird, odd and ill (?). But that would be from societies point of view. For me they are just very smart people whom in order to keep such high intellect have to deal with various mental and social problems.

• Weird in what way? As Hemingway said in response to F. Scott Fitzgerald's assertion, "the very rich are different from you and I"

"Yeah, they've got more money".

It would be weird if anyone with any exceptional mental characteristic were like people who didn't have it. Like thinking someone seven feet tall should fit into clothes made for the average person.