Would you be a soldier?

Simply military person? If yes, why would you do it?
Would you be a soldier?

Last image is my creation so copyright is mine. Respect it pls.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if my country is being invaded or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• Quite simpy, to protect innocent people from the bad guys. Pretty black and white view of it.

What Girls Said 8

• Nope.

• Like a girl, its up yo you of course. Its usually for men. Man has duty to protect their wifes, daughters...

• @Asker That is a very outdated and ignorant comment. Men and women don't have to follow their gender roles, society has advanced and there is no need to stereotyping. There are many different people out there of all kinds of mentalities and beliefs as well as needs. You can't treat people according to their own gender, but people have their own beliefs, so i am not going to fault you for doing so.

• @Holygirl01 This is very rude comment and you didn't understand my opinion at all!. Many times I've said I was in army and there is lot of women like soldiers as well. But they are in minority. It doesn't mean Im judging gender! I've said " Like a girl, its up yo you of course. ". It means what it means! Men are entering army much more than women and its fact! In the past and today as well!

• No i couldn't. I could never be responsible for taking someone else's life , or their life changing injuries. I wouldn't be able to live with the burden of guilt.

• No! The answer is no!

• No, I don't see it being apart of my future.

• No way

• never, i'm not a violent person and most armies and governments are wrong for being in the wars they are.

• Problem with authority I'm afraid, perfect student but I was just genrally fine with teachers. I could just never carry out orders without knowing "why?" and to which end.

• yes if I fail in my future career I will be a soldier instead

What Guys Said 25

• If I was called to duty yes I would easily, I might even end up joining someday as I belong to a pretty huge military family and it's crossed my mind. But either way I have the hugest respect for my nations armed forces and those honorable armed forces in countries across the world.

So thank you all for your service.

• Absolutely not. I'm very much against the military-industrial complex and I'm a member of a political organization in my country that is fighting to get rid of the military altogether.
    On a more personal level, I don't see the point of fighting in any current war. It's a complete waste of one's health and life. Maybe back in the days when American GIs, British and French troupes fought against the Nazis, there was a real purpose to your sacrifice but those time are long gone. Nowadays, all the wars around the globe and especially in the middle east are proxy wars that are fought because American politicians and generals fucked up those regions because of their greed and hunger for power. I don't see why I should waste my life cleaning up the shit that a few powerful people have produced. My life is too precious to be a cleaning lady for the top 1%.

• If everybody would be thinking like you in accordance to defense own coutry ( Im talking generally not what is on TV just now - simply your country is attacked), we are dead 100 times already.

• NATO) troops - with or without a standing army.

• There is much more aspect to have professional army. Danger? Omg.. lot of : terrorists, other military countries of the world, nature disasters, help to PD... lot of. And Im talking only about professional army. Young men entering to the army for 6-24 months only are almost useless. Only professionals. Before WW2 people were thinking similar way like you. Result was that Hitler conquered almost everything cos nowhere was resistance. ( Of course lot of that did politics). Professional army must exists until will be total peace on this planet. Until here will be agressors and potentional danger ( and this danger is pretty high - its enough to read/watch news) countries must have even small pro army. If you are disagree with it, your putting yourself to the position of lamb. And Im sorry, Im not lamb.

• I feel my talents are better utilized many other places. I generally don't agree with my countries policing of the world, so I'd find it morally challenging to follow orders. In the event of an invasion, I would defend my home country though and fight to defeat any aggressor.

• I am a soldier.

• Yes I would but only if my country needed to be defended from hostile forces.
    I wouldn't join for the sake of a career.

• I could, I've considered the military before, Navy specifically. I could do the military lifestyle. I'm pretty level-headed, so I imagine I could handle combat.

• At this stage in my life, no.
    Before I ever started working at my family business I was sort of set on joining the navy.

• I was on military service for 2 years... it was intresting sometimes funny but i dont know how i would perform when it comes to a real combat...
    But if my country was attacked... i would propably join the armed forces !

• No, my life is too precious for that. Being forced to enlist for military service was more than enough.

• you must serve your country!

• I would never join armed forces unless it was seriously the apocalypse and there was a war like right outside.

It just doesn't pay enough tbh.

• Yes.

• I could be a warrior but not a soldier. I'm too independently minded to surrender my judgement to a hierarchy.

• But what if said hierarchy didn't care and enlisted you by force anyway?

• Killing and intimidating people and breaking things. Like I said I'm not against it in principle but I'm not going to willingly acquiesce to it just because somebody with different decorations on his clothes tells me to. If I'm going to to it it will be my decision.

• Usually it must be personal decission ( professional army in many countries). Question is answered. Thank you.

• My favourite type of fictional character is the faceless soldier who won't be remembered. Bonus points if he's a jaded veteran who's incredibly cynical yet accepts his circumstances.
    Could I do it? Nah.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8tcBU4_HTg

• Been there... done that

• yes i would but rejected at 18 for health reason. unless you grew up around someone who was a carer soldier then it is hard to explain why you would want to fallow in there foot steps

• If only I was physically fit for such duties I would without a doubt join military. There is no particular reason but it would still be more fun than be stuck with a dead end job.

• I considered joining the army at some point. I'd be interested in military training, but I have no interest in going to war right now where I'm at.

• Not my thing

• Yes and I will very soon

• Not really interested, to be honest.

• No, never

• No. However, if I was drafted, I'd be proud to serve.

• I have been in the army - I have been a soldier. It was mandatory in the country I served in.

• I'm against armies in general, so no.