What're your thoughts on America?

I live in America and I personally, dislike it strongly.
I mean there's the debt college grads get into, the very horrid stereotypes of guns, drugs, mcdonalds and fat people. + racism/sexism+everyones stupid
There's Donald Trump+his supporters
America is all about "freedom" but there are other countries that're like us
We're one of the top hated countries
All of the homeless+orphans
People in America who CAN afford college complain abuot first world problems "Oh no my internet is too slow" "my pizza was too hot" etc
The rich are ungrateful while there's a lot of poor people
I wanna live in Australia one day.
If you live in America or not, what're your thoughts on it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Out of the available options on this planet, as flawed as it may be, I think America is the greatest country around.
    College debt isn't a problem with the country. The country doesn't force people to go to college and rack up student debt. I think the education system in general is messed up and people need to start thinking about education differently. Going to college is in no way a guarantee of a job or career after graduating, and all of the knowledge that used to be available only through colleges and universities is now available for free online. People who wind up in massive student debt have nobody to blame but themselves. They signed the loan papers, they agreed to the terms, take responsibility.

Stereotypes of guns, drugs, and fat people are just that... stereotypes. Not sure what your point is on this one.

Donald Trump will be the greatest thing to happen to our country (already is, really...) in recent history. I'm a huge Trump supporter (see other threads I've debated in for my reasons, too many to list here), so I guess I'm part of why you strongly dislike America? Heh...

Other countries may be similar, but they've got their problems too. Things may seem all blue skies and butterflies from a distance but I'm sure if you lived in these other countries you'd realize their shortcomings as well.

Homelessness and orphans are a problem for sure, but that's not the fault of the country.

People will complain no matter what their situation is. This is just human nature, there will ALWAYS be something to complain about, and some people really enjoy complaining for whatever reason.

You say that the rich are ungrateful while there are a lot of poor people... But how do you know that rich people ARE ungrateful? Sure, some are, but I would bet MOST "rich" people are grateful. At least in America, poor people have the opportunity to become rich people. There are many examples of people who have gone from homeless to multi multi-millionaires in a matter of a few short years. Not to say it's easy, but it IS possible here in America.

Australia seems like a cool country for sure, but just like you're complaining about all these things you think are wrong with America (including people like yourself complaining about first world problems), I'm sure you'll have a list of complaints after the honeymoon phase of becoming an Australian citizen wears off.

I do wish government would get out of the way and leave people alone here though.

• I understand everything you're saying, but my opinion stands.
      Yea there's positive but there's negative too. I don't HATE America but I do dislike it, and I want to live in Australia for many reasons but my dislikeness for America is one of em

• I wanna go to college so I have a bigger chance of becoming an author and lots of jobs xD

• Why do you think that going to college will give you any better of an advantage when it comes to becoming an author or getting a job? I'm being serious

Most Helpful Girl

• Like we say in the Netherlands. 'Ieder huisje heeft zijn kruisje'. It means that everywhere there's something wrong.
    I'm honestly not sure what to think about the USA. I like the people. They sound very welcoming and open and that's definitely something the Dutch could learn from America, but I also have my irritations.
    I don't like how they tell that their country is the center of the world and is in every view better than other countries in the world or how some Americans can be so overdramatic. I'd rather have some good old Dutch bluntness.
    So it depends what fits you. Do you want free health care and getting paid by the government for college, go to Norway, but accept that you have to pay incredibly high taxes.
    Also the culture has to fit you. I'm not sure if I would fit in America. I would love to travel there, but live there, not sure.
    Why did you choose for Australia may I ask?

• I understand completely.
      and becaue it seems so beautiful. I can live somewhere secluded to do my writing, I can hike/backpack around and I can get some amazing photos of the scenery.

• There are lots of places with amazing nature. Including America. Have you done more research to the country? Climate, political system, education etc?
      Australia is really warm and most of the country is desert.

• Yea I have, I've just always loved the idea of Australia, + I love the warm weather. I know what I'll be getting into.

What Guys Said 50

• The college debt was caused by two factors: progressive policies and people not understanding the loans they signed. Ultimately they made a choice.

I don't understand how guns are a horrid stereotype? They are typically used for self defense. Drugs? Maybe in the ghetto. Americans are overweight on the whole but so is much of the western world.

Racism, sexism, and stupidity are pretty weak arguments. The numbers aren't there at this point. It's probably unreasonable to conclude that the U. S. is anymore racist than any other western country.

It's important to recognize that when comparing for intellect most countries use high school as a metric which again is pretty weak for two reasons number one: it is illegal to avoid high school in this country so you get the worst of the worst destroying test score averages, not to mention this also includes illegal immigrants which the United States has A LOT of. Not to mention the USA has among if not the best universities in the world along with the majority of the world's innovation for the better part of 100 years.

The rest of the world hates the U. S. for three reasons primarily: jealousy, ignorance, and our expansive military operations. Our expansive military is a progressive creation, Republican and Democrat.

The rest of the world is free? In theory not really in comparison. The United States has been a beacon of hope for people since its inception and that is why the quote on the statue of liberty has such meaning a powerful meaning to so many people, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

The USA has an incredibly rich history and culture which people are simply unaware of apparently. The founders of this country were probably among the smartest people to have ever lived.

But anyway I digress, is Donald Trump an ideal candidate? Probably not. Was Obama a good president? Probably not. Are we much better off than most of the world? Absolutely. Our leadership might be morons but most of the rest of the world has it way worse.

Side note: according to the Heritage Foundation Australia isn't so bad actually. It pales in comparison to our country's past but it might not be such a bad choice.

• One of my favourite songs from my teens was "Bad" from U2 - In concert the singer would introduce the song along the lines "There is good and bad wherever you go" - It is very easy to view the stereotypes of places and different regimes around the world and say I like/dislike this - While I disagree with a lot of traits of people from around the world including my own country, I have found there is a redeeming factor in most people - If you connect with a person and find them a good person, it shouldn't matter what their beliefs are - If you are a good person too you should accept another person beliefs, a person who thinks they are good because their beliefs are the only ones that are right and should therefore supersede another person's belief system is flawed in my view, I don't think they are that great at all.
    I just have simple rules if your beliefs don't harm or abuse anyone in fact most belief systems fundamentally want what they believe is best for people then that person's beliefs are as legitimate as mine.
    Case in point, I am good friends with many very right wing Texans and to them with my social and economic beliefs, I am a raging pinko commie but our friendship still flourishes.
    I am a vague recollection of a religion I think it started in Iran around the 1920s, I can't recall its name but its premise was that all religions are not that different with right/wrong, betterment of people at their core just different ways of doing it. Their idea was we look at all religions and pick out the best bits to make a great religion.
    My utopian ideal society was somewhere you could incorporate the best bits of all societies (in your own mind) with like minded people. There are definitely some aspects I would take from America, at the bottom of a lot of what America now stands for is a belief in freedom (that said my interpretation and theirs plus whether it is a personal thing or something to be supplanted onto others is a different matter but our belief in the basic principle is the same)

• Not this shit again...
    (*Disclaimer: I get a little aggressive here, please read to the bottom)

Claim: debt college grads get into
    Reality: there is plenty of scholarship and financial aid options, all you have to do is put in the effort to get the grades and to fill out the long-ass applications. YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN!

Claim: bad stereotypes
    Reality: every country has bad stereotypes. Indian food gives you diarrhea. Brits have bad teeth. The french never work and are cowards. The Italians dont like to fight. The Serbs are evil. Arabs are terrorists. Asians are good at math. The Dutch are penny pinching and greedy. The Germans drink beer. You can not escape stereotypes.

Claim: There's Donald Trump+his supporters
    Reality: Every country has a couple of Donald Trumps. If you dont like him, dont support him. We have a democracy here, every idiot has the right to be heard (even if it offends you)

Claim: We're one of the top hated countries
    Reality: There is no way of knowing that for certain. I call BS.

Claim: All of the homeless+orphans
    Reality: How ignorant are you? Have you ever left the states (and Mexico and Canada count as states) and seen other parts of the world? Have you seen the homeless problems in every other continent? Its massive! Every nation has a massive homeless population; again, you cannot escape it.

Claim: first world problems
    Reality: Everyone has their problems. Are you some god, that you should weigh some problems more than others? Wake up.

Claim: The rich are ungrateful while there's a lot of poor people
    Reality: How many rich people have you met? I already know the answer and it gives you no justification for your statement. Just because someone has money, doesn't mean they are a bad person. Most "rich" people in the US started off in middle class or lower families.

Claim: I wanna live in Australia one day.
    Reality: No one gives a shit.

Conclusion: I think you are completely ignorant of all of the opportunities you have as an American. I have seen more countries, more peoples, more pain and joy and sadness - every human emotion that has ever been or ever will be felt - and i can tell you how good it is here. Go and experience the world, see what it is actually like, and listen; people still regard America as a land of golden sidewalks.

• I'm not ignorant and IK about the trump people but people here actually support his idocity
      how can one teenage girl go against his X number of followers?

and I know about the homeless and orphans and shit but its a problem here just as it is in other places.
      I wasn't saying this country is the WORST or has it the worst but it could be a shit ton better

• "how can one teenage girl go against his X number of followers?"
      Imagine if one million people said that. When you read and see history being made by our great leaders (George Washington, Hemingway, MLK) you must ask yourself, "what makes these people great. It is not that they have been granted such an ability by god. No, it is because they had enough and decided to take the lead. They wanted change more than anything and they didn't believe that people were doing enough.

"I wasn't saying this country is the WORST or has it the worst but it could be a shit ton better"
      Well, you could say that about any country.

• 1. I like America's ideology and personally believe that it is not the government that is screwing it up, but the people.
    2. It's tru, and we could use more policies like socialist countries have. We could have gun psychology tests. But as for drugs America is NOWHERE near the top! And yeah we need to purge the Food Industry. And we are not even in the top ten list for most racist countries in the world. #11 in obesity.
    3. Trumpets
    4. Well, yes and no. We are quite capitalist and offer MANY opportunities.
    5. This can be mended by the government and I don't see how orphans make America as a nation bad?
    6. Duh. Free country bruh
    7. I actually do not hate the rich. I am not rich, not poor, I am middle class. But I do not hate the rich. Sure, we can tax them a bit more, but keep in mind most of them worked HELLA hard for it.
    8. Overall America offers more opportunities and less scary animals than Australia
    9. I like America. People ask why the government can't fix these problems. It's US. WE THE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS! WE DON'T LET THE GOVERNMENT INTERVENE A BIT INTO OUR LIVES AND FIX WHAT MUST BE FIXED. GUN CONTROL LAWS AND SUDDENLY PEOPLE R ANGRY. America is based on opportunity. What we need is to do like an idiot purge, give the federal government more power AND more funds, stop complaining like little bitches, stop eating at McDonalds, etc. It's not America's fault. It's the people. America was once great. So let's make it great again.

So, in conclusion: I love America, and I hate its spoiled brats. Tank u.

• Hmm... Let me check... yeah...

Currently, if you don't have a degree then you are making about 4/5 of the wage your parents did in 1984 (assuming your parents didn't have a degree). If you do have a degree then you might make the same amount as your parents did in 1984 (assuming your parents did have a degree). If you do have a degree but unable to secure a decent job then you are making less than your parents did.

From the data? Yeah, America is pretty screwed.

Did you know that millennials are failing at getting a decent wage and more of them living with their parents (to help with the rents) than previously generations?

• In my experience the problems you have mentioned are rather mild.
    The rich are ungrateful? I wrote a thank you letter today to a man who gave $100 million to a medical center. The wealthy create jobs as well as wealth. Have you known anyone working for a poor person?
    Homeless and orphans? A 50 year old woman at my church is adopting her 15 year old nieces baby.
    I've never been made to feel uncomfortable because of guns, drugs, fast food or an obese person.
    On the college issue I can agree with you. Too many young people are lured into running up debt in college to earn useless (mostly social studies) degrees for which there are no jobs.
    I agree Donald Trump is not presidential in my mind. But neither are ANY of the other leading candidates. A few of his followers are pigs but the same is true for any other candidate.
    I suggest you try living in other countries. There are problems with all of them. This on homelessness in Australia:

There were 105,237 people experiencing homelessness in Australia on Census night in 2011. This equated to 1 in 200 Australians,[2] and represented an increase of 17% from the 2006 Census, with the rate of homelessness increasing from 45 per 10,000 to 49 per 10,000.

I've enjoyed my visits to other countries but I would not live for long in any of them.

• that's nice for you but I've seen the worst in a lot of people, and there's lots of ungrateful rich people and orphans and homeless.
      Girls at my school brag about buying Yeezys (2000$ shoes) and shit
      can't go down our streets without seeing a different homeless every day
      And for orphans its mostly cause girls nowadays are such hoes

• what makes you think the same doesn't happen in australia? lolol..

• @coolscenebro I've done my research + in Australia I can at least live in a secluded area. perfect for me. I'm sure that there are homeless + orphans in every country, city etc whatever but that doesn't mean I don't wanna live somewhere else

• I love America.
    There's great food, lots of different people, great history.
    You have guns, I can't even get one without a huge hassle and if I did I'd get a crappy one that I wouldn't even be allowed to use to defend myself.
    You have people that actually fight against PC culture while here you're crucified if you dare speak up.
    You have patriotism which is something most Canadians lack.
    You have entertaining tv and movies.
    You have Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders both of which have some great ideas. There are a couple of stupid ones that they both have but hey no ones perfect.

America is awesome. I have some relatives that live there. If I get the chance during my work trip to Florida I hope I'll have some time to enjoy your great nation.

It's easy to criticize your country but if you travel a bit you'll start to see that it's one of the best countries in the world.

• From an International stand point image.b4in.net/.../...858432994508_268595629_n.png

Retrospectively https://youtu.be/BtSv3x6lh3o?t=2m

Overall: "Next time a country wants to take us on, 'stead of sending bombs, let's try this: send everyone in the country a color television and a satellite dish. And give 'em the basic package, not HBO — screw those people. And before the war starts, we make them all sit down. "Okay, we'll go to war with you. You want a piece of us, fine, fine. Before we go, I want you guys to understand us a little better, so you have to sit down and watch ESPN2 for 24 hours. 'Cause you watch ESPN2 for a full day, you're gonna understand America a lot better. 'Hi, we're America! We build monster trucks for fun! We developed the top fuel dragster, zero to three hundred thirty miles an hour in under five seconds, cause, pfft, we were bored. Piss us off, heh, and see what we build! And we may feel bad about it later! Ask Japan. But before we feel bad…we're gonna jack you up! And then we're gonna send you FOOD! 'Cause we're America; we're schizophrenic. Don't mess with a nation that needs medication!'"

• LOVE it! <3

I laugh at Americans that complain at all you just said, sorry, but it's the truth. Live in other countries, and then come complaining about how awful America is, and I'm not talking about third world countries, I'm talking about well developed countries.

• okay well I asked your opinion on it, not to be a douche about my opinion

• lol! it reminds me of dan lebatard over the cuba thing. like, people complain about the government being in their lives and how the president, cia, fbi, nsa, etc are out to get people. then he says how stupid and naive that is compared to other countries. like, his parents are from cuba and said how police would basically follow you and they wouldn't have badges or anything and then, if your relative tried to flee, they'd incarcerate and jail the relatives. and then talked about how his mom had to walk past firing walls and shit... then comes back to us and how we complain about how our government is so "suppressive". stuff like that actually puts things into perspective. sorry for kinda going on on your post... it just felt relevant :P

• being "dumb" is a big thing in america

all the obese people = people being dumb
    racists = people being dumb
    trump isn´t dumb, his target group is "dumb people" and since there are so much, he gets a lot of votes.

if you´re poor, you seem to be an entiteled asshole that blames "rich people" for thei misery

if you´re rich, you completely forget your struggle and how you got lucky and everybody who didn´t get as lucky as you is just "a lazy bum"

people are igonrant, dumb and lack empathy. that´s what i get from americans. most of them at least.

• America is the greatest country in the world.

I've been dreaming of immigrating ever since I was just 12 years old and my own ambition to make this dream become reality, I started teaching myself English, because I knew no one was going to speak German.

America does have a big problem concerning it's college / university education system , higher education must be accessible to anyone who is qualified enough , also the level of public education must be raised : I had people who did a student exchange with America tell me that, what the Americans do in 11th grade is what we do in 7th grade in Germany.

Instead of tackling this issue, the American government rather takes in highly qualified Europeans and Asians and offers them perfect conditions.

Germans still immigrate in great numbers to the US because they are those highly skilled laborers which the USA needs ! - Therefore Germany has a massive lack of highly skilled professionals -

There is an article in a well-known German newspaper called "Die besten verlassen Deutschland " - "The best leave Germany" -

The US are the no. 1 country of their choice, Switzerland is no. 2 (mostly because most Germans can't grasp the English language that well) and then come the Netherlands and Australia and Canada and the Scandinavian countries "

(I already left Germany to study in the Netherlands, because it's much better there)

What America urgently needs to fix is its education system so to speak.

Education means skilled laborers after all and hence also educated and wealthy Americans !
    China for example is educating its students very well since the government needs them for their economic advance.

And Donald Trump is not bad at all :

The wall he wants to build is realistic and in history wall really helped keep unwanted people out - The Berlin wall worked extremely well and kept Germany split for roughly 40 years !

And by withdrawing from the number 1 post in the NATO, the US would save an awful lot of money which could be invested in a far better education system !!!

If Germany would really take the lead, no one would be able to play the "Nazi card" anymore !

It's a win-win situation therefore !

America is wonderful !

(I wonder why no one seems to see these coherences )

• Plus, Putin called Trump a "great man" - This means there is a realistic chance to finally end the conflict with Russia !!! Obama has already solved the conflict with Cuba and has thus eliminated a potential aggressor ! -

You don't necessarily have to wage wars in any way to solve a conflict

And if you think one step further - Peace in Europe can only be achieved TOGETHER with Russia, and not without it - And the EU again is allied with America -

If Trump gets elected, these 3 parties can work together and fight global terrorism together !

• I don't agree with America's gun laws to me they are crazy. In my country you are not allowd to even own tasers or pepper spray either and it works great that no one is allowd these things. I also don't like the healthcare system in Amierca either. Great healthcare is something you should be entitled to no matter how rich or poor you are.

• In America we aren't allowed herion or weed either but it doesn't stop people from owning/using it

• @redeyemindtricks @Applefan1 It's not that the laws are poorly enforced in France, it's that people who have NO regard for the law in the first place are always going to be able to find a way to get weapons, guns, drugs, etc. that's illegal. I'm sure that guns exist in New Zealand, it's not that there are no guns on the island. I'm glad to hear that gun violence isn't a problem there, but even if it's not guns, criminals who want to harm or kill other people will use other weapons available. I'm sure steak knives are legal to purchase and own, right?
      What happens when some whacko comes charging at you with a knife? If you had a taser, pepper spray, or a handgun, you could defend yourself and your family. But with NO defense, you can run or try and fight unarmed, but those are your options.

Guns, pepper spray, and tasers in the hands of law abiding people are virtually no threat to anybody.

• @Lovelinefan We don't need guns, pepper spray or tasers. In my view they are better off not in society. Crime not a problem to need to own them here. Also I guess when you have grown up in a society that does not have those things and it seems the norm then it seems like why on earth would they ever allow them in the USA. The people in the USA have grown up with them, so they are use to them and that just seems the norm for you guys. Different countries, different ways of thinking.

• I hate it here I hate it so damn much. For the same reasons as you. But what I hate most is the people who act like america is the greatest thing ever and that all other countries are shit and hate all non American ideas ie socialism even though people don't even know what socialism is. I'd go to Australia but they have deadly fucking insects and animals plus a problem with censorship. I want to move to Switzerland when I'm older

• My thought on America is that 16 year old Americans are like 16 year olds everywhere else who don't know nearly enough to compare their country to any other. When you are 200 years old and have lived in 20 countries for ten years each, then maybe you'll have some idea, but still very limited experience.

• America was supposed to be the place where mere peasants could rise to become millionaires, and for the longest time it was. It was supposed to be the place where people took responsibility for their financial situations and worked to rise to their limits.

But now America is only a place of entitlement. Now it is a place where the lazy and the stupid get to live easy while those who work their asses off have it tougher because a good chunk of the money they should be getting is going towards paying for free shit for illegals, slackers and other forms of disgrace to what made our country great.

• I personally hate the US, the people have ruined it for me. Every day they try to butcher the Bill of Rights, which is the founding principles for this nation. Also all the complaining... and the politics... everyone knows that it's basically run by rich people, they just don't want to admit it.

Not that I'd live anywhere else... not after I fought for it. I still have the majority of my rights, and I'll continue fighting to keep them.

• Been there 8 times and lived in both MD and MT

Love the place and the people. the bad wrap it gets is because of its goofy politics and insane gun mentality

• Australia has a different set of problems.
    You should treasue the Second Ammendment.

• America is going downhill. Our citizens are extremely shallow and have a very surface-level of thinking. Everything is about money of the minorities and not the happiness of the masses.

• I despise America. All the things bible thumpers like to claim it stands for it doesn't America is not the greatest country on earth by any margin. We have got to be one of the most ignorant countries on earth. Our government is owned by coporations, who line their pockets of the deaths of americans. It's disgusting.

• It's not the best country in the world, but it's top decile ;)

• America is a great place. I just wish the education system were better.

• I'm British and I personally love the USA and it's my dream to move there one day. I've had good experiences in both times that I have visited.

Sure, it may have some problems, but so does every other country. The world is generally an ugly place overall...

• I love it. It's great living here. I wish college was more affordable, but hey, at least we're safe and comfortable.

• I love my country I'll admit it's having some problems right now but we'll get back to what made us great someday and that's what I hold out hope on.

• Eh, Its not that bad

• My thoughts on America - thank you for Coca Cola and Jeans. Much appreciated.

• this place purposely put you in debt, if not you will have a hard time

• It's the greatest country in the world the red white and blue

• Worst society and stupidest people in the developed world.

• More from Guys
    20

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 29

• I wouldn't want to have been born anywhere else! I've seen how some other land's have it extremely worse than us. So I'm not complaining. Yeah we have our pro's and con's, but some countries only have con's and rarely any pro's. I love MURICA!!!

• Jade, I can appreciate some of your points, but you seem... well too jaded for your age. I'm sure there are other great places to live, but you/we don't have the luxury of that frame of reference to have lived in them to see their good, bad, and ugly.

Trump = clown. He's simply an embarrassment. But he's too narcissistic to bother hating you. He's not that thoughtful. I wouldn't even agree that he's truly Christian. None the less...

Rather than hating your country, try to get involved and help make the changes that you're passionate about. I've actually met several people from Australia and New Zealand who, while they love where they live, they come to the U. S. over and over again on holiday because they love it so much. Without fail, they've all told me how they envy me being able to live here.

I'm not one of those "arrogant Americans" that euro-socialists like to bitch about - but I'm damn grateful that I was lucky enough to be born here.

✌💖✌💖

• Yeah I hate it for those reasons too. Thank God my mother is a British citizen so I'm getting my citizenship and moving ASAP. However if you don't like racism I wouldn't move to Australia :/ , I've seen and heard a lot of bad things about their countries from reliable sources such as documentaries and people who actually live there (no hear say).

• I think at the end of the day, when looking at the bigger picture, the US is a good country to live in.

Do I think we're the BEST? In my opinion, nah. It depends on the person though.

I think that we need a lot of reform in this nation, as it pertains to government, to politics, and society itself. I can go on all day about problems that we have, but let's not.

However, that doesn't mean that our nation as a whole is bad. I think its becoming very "cool" to say you hate America... its almost like a bandwagon thing for young people. Those people need to get some perspective. Despite our problems- and every nation has them as it is the nature of society- we aren't living in a war zone, we aren't enslaving anyone, we aren't a part of a dictatorship... I feel very lucky to be born in a country like the US. Things could be much, much worse. Way beyond student debt and obesity.

• i do agree with some things, but im not from here (i've lived in the us for a while now though) and it is a lot better here then where i came from. here there are more laws actually being taken seriously (less drunk people in the day time wandering around and trying to fight or stab people for no reason), you can sue anyone for practically anything (and they can't bribe the judge to get away with it), its cleaner outside, the air is fresher, the roads are way nicer and people know how to drive way better, the people are friendlier, work hours are more flexible and you get more time off for a bunch of holidays that dont even exist in my home country, you dont have to wear uniforms in most public schools, can get financial aid in college, oh man the list is endless. it is just so much better here.

• I love it here and sorry but rants like yours just go to show how spoiled Americans are. If you want a good life here work for it. It's as simple as that. Even our poor live in relative luxury compared to many other countries. But I hope you make it to Australia. That would be best for all involved. I don't think people who hate our country should remain here.

• I've lived in several countries. There are pros and cons everywhere including here, but America is not as bad as some other places. I just do my thing and live life happily.

• I think it's gotten way off track from its noble beginnings and has grown too big for its own good... America needs to be taken down a few notches before they end up starting WWIII.

• This song is of my people. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfK9UPEQavo

• Effffffff America. It's not as great as it use to be. I hate living here. It sucks. So many people don't have jobs. People of all ages are homeless. It's not a free country whatsoever. Violence is getting out of hand and the people are getting out of hand. I'm fed up.

• I lived in America for six years when I was younger and I absolutely love the place and most Americans are great people.

... but at the same time, it will be it's own undoing.

• I think its great cos pppl keep flooding in there. Exp. the movie industry

• We have a lot less poor people than other countries.. and our poor are a lot richer than the poor in other countries.

America has it's problems like any place. Everywhere you go, you'll find problems. As an American I'm just thankful ours aren't as readily apparent. I can work (any job I can get), vote, I don't have to wear a burqa or be stoned for having sex. It can get a lot worse.

I prefee to focus on the good, personally, just for my own happiness :)

• I am optimistic about Americas future but honestly we are not in a good place right now and that is because we are repeatedly shooting ourselves in the foot.

• I understand what you mean. My family moved from the south USA to Germany because my father was stationed here as a soldier and loved the german people because even through it´s a nearly complete white country you feel nearly no racism against black people here... well at the moment it changes slightly because a lot of stuff happens here right now but the germans see that more as a arabic problem.

• I dislike America as a whole, but I love the area I live in. I'm sure there are some good aspects of America that we don't see and I think media plays a huge part in the opinions we form.

• I've been to Florida twice ( I got married there the first time) and I loved it. I find American people to be lovely and pleasant to talk to and that the standard of service in shops and restaurants etc to be a lot better than it is in Britain. I'm saving up to go and visit my brother in Massachusetts next year he admits that life is a bit tougher in the states with health insurance and that he misses the nhs in Britain but he generally loves living in America. Believe me Britain isn't a picnic either, the Tory government are wrecking the country and the austerity cuts are affecting the poorest in the country.

• Grateful for all the privileges I have as an American.

• sounds like a nice country with extremely messy citizens.

• College grads get into debt so they can have a better paid career which is fair.
    Every you said can be found anywhere. Australia has its own problems.

• I live in America, it has a lot of problems but it's a good place to live. I used to live in Mexico, that was much worse. A lot of the immigrants I have spoken to like it here better than their home country too.

• I think that you should leave now.

Signed,

Proud American

• US frigtens me not gonna lie. It seems like free country but it is not i see.
    And plus people in America do not read, do not know what is going on in world. Too much ignorance i feel.
    Maybe it is good for rich people but the rest ; i think they suffer.

• No country is perfect and there's racism everywhere :/. Im glas to live here and not in a country where im forced into child labor or just have less privilidges in general.

• I love my country America

• I think it's a broken country, but so is the rest of the world so who cares.

• People should love their own country.

• I dont like the gun laws, capitalism, poor healthcare and high education tuituons in the states.

1 private opinion(s)