Anyone ever taken a legit road trip before?

How long was it and where did you go? Did you stay in motels or camp in the car? Sight seeing at tourist spots or did you go off the beaten path?
and what did you bring with you that you think is important to bring on road trips?

Most Helpful Guy

• i almost did an 8000 mile 6 week road trip from ny/ny to california and back this past summer as a graduation present to myself. but i didn't get to do it. the longest 1 i've done is just from nj to nc, which is only about 9 hours

• I don't think I really fully grasped the length of a legit road trip til you said six weeks.
      I'm rethinking this now.
      NY to NC isn't bad, but 6 weeks to Cali.
      Were you gonna stop at motels or anything or just camp in your car? Or were you just gonna hop in and drive and wing it?

• @Cxxlin eh, I guess if you're into that stuff. If we're talking about best world cities, the best I've been to was Sydney. Rome is up there to for me. For American cities, Savannah is my favorite, San Antonio is my favorite major city and I still have yet to go to the west coast and go to San Diego, which I've heard is awesome.

• Dude San Diego is lit asf.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I drove across the US basically by myself. The whole trip took about 3 weeks. I drove from Minnesota to Chicago for a bit, then to Myrtle Beach for a two day stay with friends. Then went down to Florida to see some more friends. Then drove to Texas and stayed a week, looking around and trying to catch up with old friends. Then drove back up north. I stayed in hotels the whole time except the Myrtle Beach two day stay.

I took my time, took a lot of pictures and videos on my phone. I went to some new places as well as revisit some old. I had my suitcase of clothes for like 8 days, and found a laundry mat to wash them like on the 7th day to keep up. I had plenty of water, car snack friendly foods (like trail mix), first aid kit in the back, flashlight, spare tire, and a blanket just in case. I also like to bring my own pillow, and since I knew I was going to the beach, I brought my beach bag with a towel and stuff. A towel and sun screen might not be a bad idea to have in the car, either. For me, I also brought a great playlist, so I can play it with the windows down and enjoy the scenic routes (or to help pass time when driving on the interstate). Bring all the necessary charges, car and USB for the hotel if you are staying, or bring a rechargeable battery you can recharge in your car plug.

What Guys Said 2

• I have done vancouver through Seattle to San Diego. Also from Vancouver to Seattle then went south east through a bit of Idaho down to salt lake city then south to phoenix. Road tripping was really fun and was an exellent experience growing up. It would be mixed in where we stayed. With family, camping in tents, marathon driving so we would take turns driving but this happened when I was driving age and had a license, and motels.

Best thing to do is drive down a scenic road.

• Well... lol i used to live in hawaii, not necessarily a lotta road

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think any of my "road trips" exceed 4 hours.
    I can remember one back home around 7 years ago in Tunisia, from Tunis to Mahdia. It was long but worth it! The water was amazing!
    media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/.../sirocco-beach.jpg
    bo.xftplus.com/.../mahdiabeach-plage5201.jpg
    And we stopped by in Monastir in between
    static.lowcost.tn/.../30015538.jpg

• Woah nice!!! That's a kind of scenic drive I don't think id ever go home from.

• Omg you were in Mahdia? ❤️😍 that's so cool! 3aylet ommi men Mahdia 😅

• @FOOLibra Haha ey :P !!! Ena men Tunis ama Papa tewled fi el Mahdia haha ^_^
      @Asker thank you :D

• I mean, I don't know what you'd consider legit, bug I've driven many places with my family and went on a trip with a friend last summer. We've stopped at places along the way to sightsee and such.

For my trip with my friend, we went to Niagara Falls. That was about a seven hour trip, and we stopped in Buffalo, NY to see a friend of ours and grab dinner. We explored that area for a bit before continuing our drive. We stayed in a couple different hotels. Music is great to have on a road trip, especially if you're going alone. Books on tape can work as well. Food is important, too n

• Oh LOL okay word yeah. That's cool, sounds like a good trip. Did you explore like, tourist destinations or did you try to find the places only locals know, something like that.

• It was a mix of both really. I'd like some more time up there soon to explore more, though, since we had such limited time.

• What constitutes a legit road trip?

• I dunno, like driving for fun and sightseeing and stuff. Things that take a few days I guess.

• Oh, okay, I wasn't sure on the length. Then... no.

I drive around and sight see often, but it never takes me a few days.

• Hell yes!! My first road trip WITHOUT my guardians was when I was 14. During the summer my cousins were 16 and 18 ( they took me cause I've always acted older ) we started in Ny, drove down to Va, then drove back up to Jersey, then to Canada. That was the first one I've ever done. I've done so many more I love to travel. 😍

• No, but it's definitely on my list of things to do.

• You got it already planned out or you gonna wing it?

• Cali seems to be the end game for a lot of road trips lol

• Unless you start there 😊

• 28 hour drive to Kansas and 30 hour drive to Florida. We were doing mission work but the driving was half the fun. Out on the open road. Listening to music and checking out the towns we pass