Why does my dog keep waking me up early in the morning?

I have a 2 year old dog that I have had since she was 9 months. My dog and I are very close and she is my best friend. She is always talking to me and trying to communicate and it is so cute. The only thing that I do not like about her is that she is always waking me up in the morning so early. I work and I need as much rest that I can get but for some reason my dog does not think so. I call her my little alarm clock because every single morning at 5:30 am whether it is dark outside or not she is right there on time at my window scratching and barking and talking to me through the window and she will not stop until I literally wake up and wave to her or sit up in my bed to let her know that i am not asleep. Then once I go to sleep she will do the same thing every 15 minutes until I eventually get up in the morning and show her that I am fully dressed and that I did my hair and makeup. I love the fact that she is thinking of me like that and that her intentions are good, but sometimes I really need my sleep and I do not want her to do that. I was just wondering why she keeps waking me up like that and what I can do to make her stop? Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• One reason for this could be that you don't exhaust your dog enough during the day. Unfortunately, many Americans have dogs but have no idea how to handle a dog. They think it's okay to just put the dog in the backyard during the day and that's good enough. Here in Europe, people go for walks with their dog every single day and if it's a big dog, they go several times (usually three times a day). You might say that's too much because you have to work yadayada but that's exactly what many Americans don't get about owning a dog. Owning a dog comes with a great responsibility and you shouldn't have a dog if you don't have time to do these things. It's almost like having a child. If you don't have time to be home and care for your child, don't have one. Dogs NEED exercise. A LOT. Even small dogs need regular, daily walks and the bigger your dog is, the more and longer walks it needs. My family had a labrador when I was a teenager and we went for three 45-60 minute walks with it every single day. In the morning, my dad would go for a walk with the dog before going to work, at noon it was either me, my sister or my mom and in the evening it was usually me or my sister again. Dogs need that. You can't just have them sit on their butt in the living room or backyard. It makes the very unhappy, lonely and the lack of exercise drives them crazy inside. So you need to critically ask yourself if this might be a reason. If your dog doesn't get enough exercise during the day, he feels all bubbly and jumpy inside and can't get a proper sleep. It will wake up early and by scratching on your window, it might be trying to tell you that it wants to go for a walk/run. If you don't like walking and your dog is well-trained, you can also ride on your bike while the dog runs along.

What Guys Said 3

• Does she run right over to the man of the house when he gets home and the dog stays with him all day and leaves you alone?
    As far as why does h see wake you up early every morning maybe the dog has slept enough already or the dog wants to get out and play after he hears your neighbors out and about perhaps he hears other dogs as well

• because the also have an internal clock and thats he time you usually get up. they also want to see you

• I think your dog is just lonely.

What Girls Said 0