What life event would be more traumatic to you?

Among the short list of traumatic events I can think of, here they are (if you want to you can rank them from least to most):

- Being the last one to see a family member or closed one alive as they died in front of you.
- Walking in on your spouse (relationship or marriage) having passionate/wild sex with someone else.
- Finding out the person you've been in a relationship or married was never in love with you.
- Natural disaster and seeing many people without homes or injured/killed
- Being a witness of a crime that just happened and seeing the perpetrator leave
- Being bullied at school or home or abused for years

• Family member or loved one died in front of me/in my arms
  • Walking in on my love of my life naked, having sex with someone else
  • Wasting years with someone that was never in love with me
  • Natural disaster and seeing many people without homes or injured/killed
  • Being a witness of a crime that just happened and seeing the perpetrator leave
  • Being bullied at school or home or abused for years
  • Other, explain
If you're unsured, think all of them are just as traumatic or think it's something not on the list, select other, explain.

Most Helpful Guy

• - Being the last one to see a family member or closed one alive as they died in front of you.
    ----not too many family members i like... not to talk of love... and also have seen deaths... maybe if i tried to save em and they still died... maybe.
    ----shiiiit..."can i join, or put me in for round two"
    ----"well, i didn't like you either, you friend been looking better n better"
    -----well yea.. a bit... for a second. two seconds if children are involved.
    ------thats funny not traumatizing (depending on said crime), but i ain't snitchin'
    -------bullied already till i became the bully, but abused at home badly... so i picked this one on the poll.

Most Helpful Girl

• All of them are pretty tough. I've gone through the bully/at home abuse stuff, it sticks. I've also gone through the feeling for someone that didn't feel for you back thing. Fucking sucks. I hate feeling like my time was wasted more than anything. I've been alive for many natural disasters and it always makes me sad. I haven't had a family die in my arms, but I did have to see my aunt in the hospital in a coma after an aneurysm burst in her brain. She started doing this weird breathing like she was trying to wake up and it got everyone in the room excited, but turns out that those were like final breathes on her own. That was hard. And walking in on my SO in bed with someone else would probably land me jail. I voted F. Because I'm still dealing with the effects of that to this day

What Guys Said 11

• I think F would be the most traumatic. I'm thinking of some cases I've seen where someone gets abused as a child and then that really messes them up later in life. Considering how much of an impact that can have on childhood and therefore the rest of your life, I would say that is definitely super traumatic.

I think A would the second most traumatic, especially if it wasn't an expected death (i. e. loved one stabbed on street suddenly vs loved passing away on a bed in a hospital after much time has passed).

B would be 3rd. That'd be a lot of emotions happening at once and that tends to leave an impression and trust issues and such.

D (Natural disaster) would be 4th.

E (Being a witness of a crime) would be 5th.

C would be 6th and last on the list in my opinion. The reason I didn't put this higher is because while she didn't love me, I loved her and was happy with whatever time I was together with this hypothetical person. Her telling me after the fact doesn't change the time I was hapy.

• First have happened to me and it was my dad but I don't get sad about it , He lived like really LIVED now he just waiting up till I get there and we gonna continue from their in better place. Rip biggest bro I ever met and thanks for these Greek god genes, Ima come soon. Dw

• A and B are the most popular answers it seems.

I'm not really close enough to any of my family members or friends for A to affect me that much.

But if the one girl - or one PERSON (for that matter) cheated on me, especiall for me to SEE it happening. My whole world would come crashing down.

• I saw my parakeet die in front of my eyes. Can cry at any moment from thinking about him. So, I choose (A).

• I'm very weird so things can't be traumatic for me. I've experienced getting taken down by police, getting robbed by people with weapons and mace ( lucky they were stupid and didn't check my inside jacket pockets I didn't loose anything from that), falling from at least 10 to 20 ft and broke my arm. I don't like to dwell on the past. I do my best to go forward with the mindset of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

• Other, and I don't want to discuss it.

• Probably A for me.

• Whew! That's a lot of traumatic stuff. I'm not sure I could say.

• Tbh, I'd be fine from all of that. Maybe not the love of my life, but I don't really know, all the woman I've copulated with haven't been the love of my life,

• i love the northern californian climate... not too cold in the winter and not too hot in summer...

• Nothing can be more traumatic than lose of loved one for me.

What Girls Said 10

• These are too lengthy. I'm going to rephrase them.
    1) Witnessing the death of a loved one.
    2) Catching someone in the act of cheating.
    3) Fabricated or fake love.
    4) Natural disaster.
    5) Witnessing a crime.
    6) Being bullied.
    7) Being abused (separating this, because it's much different).

Now, here's my ranking of them:
    1) Abuse
    2) Witnessing a death
    3) Crime witness
    4) Fake love (cheating seems very similar, so I'm combining those options)
    5) Bullying
    6) Natural disaster

• My grandma already went through the first one. Though since she had dementia/alzheimer. Not sure if she was coherent enough to even think much about it.

The 2nd one would be more of a traumatic. Since I really love my boyfriend and the shock of seeing that... I have no idea how I would react. For all I know I could black out and murder the chick he's fucking.

• A, B, C, and F are the worst to me. I don't know which would be more traumatic though. They are such different scenarios that would affect people in different ways or different times in life.

• Well A is to me but I've been through F so that's my personal experience that was traumatic for me

• The first would be the most traumatic to me, especially if it was my boyfriend. I've had five people close to me die and a sixth on the way, and the effects of the deaths, especially the first one, are still here.

• First one.

• A and D

• Being raped or kidnapped

• I've had highly realistic nightmares for years, including ones that simulated the death of my family (and a friend), massacres due to war and being toyed with by serial killers. I've also been bullied and abused for years.

So based on experience, the immediate trauma for the first, third and fourth option are far, far more intense. Thus a more aggressive psychological fallout. The trauma of long-term bullying and abuse, though, tends to be more accumulative and pervasive. So in a therapy setting, the trauma caused by death and natural disasters seems to take a shorter time to cure than trauma due to abuse. At least, that's how it is for me.

• *first, fourth and fifth option. Sorry. I have nothing to say about the second and third option; have never experienced either.