Do people get intimated by beautiful people?

I mean both males and females. If you meet someone whose really beautiful or good looking despite gender, do you get intimidated? I mean, it doesn't have to be a guy approaching to a beautiful girl only I also mean like a girl meeting a beautiful girl, just people in general. I kind of do I don't know why but I get a little insecure.

0|0
5|17

Most Helpful Guy

• Woman meets beautiful woman = jealous, insecure; not
    Man meets handsome man=jealous; insecure; not
    Woman meets handsome man = attracted; not
    Man meets beautiful woman = attracted; jealous in a different way; not

Guess that's how I see it.

Yes. People get intimidated by beautiful people. It happens. As for whether or not it's common, I don't know.

People want to be around pretty people. They get preferential treatment and typically other people admire them for their beauty. The same case as someone who is wealthy. Some people will admire them, others will be jealous or think they don't deserve that wealth.

If you're really curious, you could look up some scientific articles on google scholar and see if there's anything there on human instinct making one more apt to being intimidated or not when around beautiful people.

As for me, when I see a hot chick, I'm not intimidated. But, I actively try to suppress any sexual or romantic desires. They're essentially irrelevant to me. In the past, I have gotten nervous around attractive women. But not intimidated. With attractive men I've been around, sometimes I feel a small, muted sting of envy; but, more often than not, it's fairly irrelevant, to me. I like being around attractive people more than unattractive people. I think that's normal. And my perceptions of people are affected based on their attractiveness. If they're ugly, I tend to dislike them more quickly. If they're attractive, I tend to accept them more quickly.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Intimidated? No. A little insecure? Sure.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• Well, I had a girl "run" from me after her guy friend approached me and told me that she would like to have a date with me and would like to get to know me - Surprised as I was , I just said "yes, okay" but before the guy could come back to her, she and her other girl friends had stood up and left.

The guy apologized for this.

Ironically, I have people from the modeling industry follow me on social media but personally, I feel intimidated by "my own kind" if one can put it this way.

Sadly, the very attractive girls are often conceited and overvalue themselves and usually don't have much to offer apart from mere looks.

So yes, I'd get nervous and slightly intimidated ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol nope not really, most of my friends are crazy attractive so I've kind of gotten used to it, lol you just have to realize that they are people just like you and me, only difference is how they look.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends what mood I'm in or how I am feeling but yes there has been quite a few situations were I've felt intimadated or sometimes even embarresed when I've made eye contact or talked to an extremely attractive girl. However, days when I'm feeling quite confident itll not bother me much. I think it all depends how confident you are feeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. There can be times.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. i usually feel they are out of my league in looks. and seance they are i have found when i get to know them they usually dont have the best personality so i usually try to avoid them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah that's why all hot women get approached by guys and clearly the fact that a hot chick could scream help me help me or stop sexually harassing me towards a man approaching her has nothing to do with why less man have been approaching women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intimidated? No. But a beautiful woman can be really REALLY distracting.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the mood I'm feeling, I think. Sometimes, I am. Sometimes, I'm not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get intimidated by beautiful girls. They're just people like everyone else

0|0
    0|0
  • yah beautiful people always put a smile on your face when they smile at you...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Very true. As I'm already intimated by you.

0|0
    0|0
  • No why would you?
    You shouldn't they're not special

0|0
    0|0
  • I think even beautiful people get intimidated by beautiful people. It all depends on the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not intimidated but really insecured - which is why I don't approach beautiful girls

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I think intimidated was the wrong word maybe I should've said insecure. Don't be though, everyone has flaws.

• No. I'd be more inclined to be intimidated (in that sense) by intelligence though I don't intimidate easily.

The most common cause of intimidation for me is when someone is physically dangerous and not under control. Even then it isn't so much the danger that intimidates me as concern over the consequences of what I might need to do to deal with them that makes me cautious. I'd rather not have to be put through the meatgrinder which is our justice system.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I once met the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in person, so beautiful that she blinded me of her beauty (lol jk).
    But yes, it can get intimidating. But I usually complimented her all the time (and kinda had a crush on her shhhh).

0|0
    0|0
  • no i don't. everyone has flaws and i talk to everyone even if they're considered "beautiful"

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't get intimidated by beautiful women. But with a guy a find physically and ssxually attracted to then yes, most times I am shy, or intimidated

0|0
    0|0