Do girls actually like nerds?

i hate labels just as much as the next guy, but, just curious if girls like nerds?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a nerd so yeah, totally :') . Depends what he's nerdy about to an extent, I'd want us to have similar interests or at least introduce one another to new stuff we can both enjoy. Being nerdy is just being unironically enthusiastic about stuff, which is an attractive quality; who isn't more attractive when their eyes light up and they're all excited to tell you about their favourite thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is going to sound extremely politically correct but here goes.

Aren't we all nerds?

The question would then become, what kind of nerd. For the most part, girls like nerds who are nerdy about something applicable to real life. It all falls under the whole thing of girls liking guys who are good problem solvers. So in that case you would need to have the kind of nerdiness to be well equipped to deal with certain situations.

Of course, what good is being knowledgeable in something if you aren't quick thinking enough to apply it. I feel that this is where most nerds tend to fail. If you look at the typical nerd having a comeback contest with the typical jock, who wins usually? The jock, because they can typically think quicker to come up with better stuff. This also translates into social situations where the typical nerd isn't witty enough to really charm people.

So just being the kind of nerd who has a lot of knowledge isn't going to get you anywhere. You need to be able to apply it in the span of a thought also.

What Girls Said 22

• I tend to like guys with "nerdy" interests. There's something cool about a intelligent guy who I can have more complex conversations with.

• I do! But that's because I am sorta of a nerd to. Because now a days were more into tv, video games, and stuff like that. We also like people who are smart and know what there doing. I think it's cute when they become socially awkward. But that's just me. So it really depends on what the girls type.
    Hope this helps!
    More questions, just ask!

• I mean yeah I'm dating a cellist lol Jocks annoy me and I don't want to have to talk about sports so I chose someone who also loves the fine arts... I'm in acting and since he's dated me I've made him into a bigger musical theatre nerd than me! I don't like badboys either they seem fake and like they are trying too hard so I can't be around them very long without getting annoyed... and I don't like rude or disrespectful people.

• My boyfriend is nerdy asf. He's adorable though. :) He loves computers and builds them, is in the math and science clubs at our school. I love it though. <3

• We drop out pants HAHAHA!

• Yes but only if he is a nerd with some people skills and also intelligent. And cute, cute doesn't hurt. 😘

• yes, but being nerdy isn't a stand alone trait. if he's hot, funny and smart then it's perfectly lovable if he likes nerdy stuff. my boyfriend watches star wars and likes video games and i think it's endearing as long as it doesn't keep him from living his life.

• Not so much "nerds" but guys who are smart, have a silly sense of humour and try to act funny when theyre not, i think its funny and cute at the same time. totally crushing on my teacher right now! he's that nerdy type, wears glasses, thinks he's funny, and i get fun out of watching him giving lectures.

• Some do, some don't.

• Yes, I am dating one... ^=^

• Some are.
    I'm not attracted to nerds.

• I have dated them in the past

• Not my thing. I want someone smart, but not obsessed with studying all the time. There are other important things in life

• depends. the only attributes i would hate about a "nerd" is being 'unsanitary', unsocial, and friendless. being an academic genius, comic loving fanatic isn't the unattractive part.

• Yes of course they do, if the nerd also happens to be a good guy and is fun to be around

• I am one. (Just don't look like one), and I date nerdy guys.

• Inteligence is attractive.

• Yes hot tall nerds with glasses 😍

• Intelligence is sexy!

• I know some girls do but the majority prefer bad boy

• Sure. If the guy is passionate about it (could be a tech nerd, could be a gaming nerd, could be a book nerd, could be a comic book nerd, etc.) then that's cool. I enjoy those things as well.

• no, they are boring and I really don't like their style

What Guys Said 10

• The girl I'm seeing sure likes my nerdiness, but she's definitely a bigger nerd in her own right.

In my experience, girls desire a noticeably more masculine compliment to their identity. If she's active and fit, she wants an active and fit guy that makes her feel feminine. Being "more" in any way apart from feminine is not comfortable to most girls (which calls to question this whole "equality" trend).

For nerds (assuming the sedentary geek kind), you have to find a girl who lives an equivalent lifestyle where you can serve as her masculine compliment.

• Depends on how nerdy... im a little bit nerd... and i pull like crazy.
    also, there is a difference between nerds and geeks...
    nerds are more associated with their look and geek is brains... so i consider myself a geek but i do have nerdy tendencies...

• Nerdy girls do.

• They like tall jacked athletic guys way more bro, js

• Yeah I'm a nerd and I have a girlfriend, and my other friends who are nerds have had a girlfriend, and yeah Virus is dating a nerd as she already said

• I love nerdy girls but geeky as well. Their loyal and solve problems instead of causing them and also, no sports night is the best night :)

• Genuine dorks or the "lol Ocarina of Time is the best game ever made" wave?

• If he can show he's her type then yeah.

• I hate these questions because some do some dont

• Sorry but yeah... only nerdy gals are gonna like ya... and nerdy gals are often way less attractive...