How to tell my boyfriend that I am afraid of his flowers?

My boyfriend loves beautiful plants and flowers and he is always finding the most beautiful flowers and plants to give me and he even has a garden that he is planting at his house that he would like for me to help him with. The only thing wrong with that is that I have a really bad phobia of plants and I do not want to tell him about it. I do not want him to think that I am some weird person or that I am making up some random excuse not to accept his plants. Ever since I was a child I have been terrified of plants (all kinds). Just the fact of them being able to grow out of the ground freaks me out because the way they look scares me half to death. I am alright with flowers like roses or tulips because they are super pretty and I love the way they smell. But if it was like a potatoe plant or a lima bean plant, then I would start freaking out. He is always giving me plants that he grew in his garden and I seriously can't accept them but I do not want to seem rude and throw them away. Advice? I do not want him to think that I am lying to him or being weird

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you should be direct and tell him, but try to be polite as well. I mean there is no other way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Therapy.

What Guys Said 1

• Interesting phobia... Um, just tell him. There is no other way around it. Lying causes drama. Just tell him.

What Girls Said 1

• Very unusual. I say just tell him about it, if he's your boyfriend, I'm sure he'd understand and not want to scare you.