Do you think moderate feminists should get a different name for their group to separate themselves from the more radical ones?

Like instead of calling themselves feminists they call themselves equalists?

Most Helpful Guy

• For guys... any label of feminist is pictured as a radical group. As for the concept of equality... no equality can exist by it's definition. No person is equal to another. On the other hand, if you want an equal opportunity then you have to prove yourself against others... sex is not the issue but one's ability to do the task is at issue. If you can't lift 200 lbs, then you can never equal a person that can. But you can have the chance to prove whether or not you could... that is the only equality that counts.

What Guys Said 4

• Actually, I have seen a lot of posts here from girls who say that they are egalitarian. Others will insist that feminism is about equality. Some of them will get upset when a woman says "I'm not a feminist" for that reason and insist that she doesn't know what she's talking about. Honestly, this is one reason why I'm not on board with feminism. There doesn't seem to be much unity of command, purpose, or ideology.

I can see how there might be a certain pride that comes along with calling oneself a "feminist". I think a lot of well-meaning women are trying to reclaim the title and ensure people that feminism isn't about man-hating or elevating women over men. That's going to be a very long and difficult fight though. Some women will argue that the title of "feminist" is no longer needed, or that it's harmful even. Others will stick to the "it's about equality" claim.

Honestly, I don't see it getting resolved anytime soon.

• Feminism was never about equality. If you support equality.. come and join us. Who is us? Egalitarians. Fuck those man hating feminists

• You're in second wave of feminism. You are already having group/community. No need to make more department in feminist movement. You must be knowing the three waves of feminism.

• No, they're still feminists and they have "moderate"/"radical" to distinguish each other

What Girls Said 1

• that would not make sense seeing as there's nothing inherently anti equality in radicalism. A person believing in the need for radical change, is not inherently saying anything against equality. The concept of 'equality itself ; is considered radical in many circles. What is considered radical, is relative.

as far as equality i never really hear anyone say what they mean by it. the people i do hear talk about it usually use a lot of qualifications like no one is equal or sex makes women and men different but just as important... but for all the times equality is mentioned, there's little concrete discussion about what that would mean.

What does equality mean to you? literally?