You’re home alone, it’s 3am and someone is knocking on the door. What do you do?

Just finished watching a documentary called Keddie Cabin Murders which inspired the film 'The Strangers' so just thought I'd ask this question.

Most Helpful Girl

• omg i'm always watching crime shows... and i'm all paranoid, I can't even go to the store without thinking someone's gonna kidnap me and kill me xD it's awful...

I would most likely get a heart attack haha... well I hope not..
    but since I do watch a lot of crime documentaries i always panic with things like that and my heart raises to the roof pum pumm pummpum pum pum pum pum!!! really really fast and I become stupid! Like I don't know what to do... and then it makes me think of all the times I've watched scary movies and everybody thinks "how stupid, why did she do that!!"? but really, when things happen to you so suddenly, you don't know what to do... but a person watching you can clearly see you did something stupid haha

Anyway I'd call the cops and jump out of a window if i don't paralyze with my heart going 5 million beats per second D: scaaaarrrryyy

• Oh you definitely do not want to see this documentary then. I tried to watch it again with the lights off and I kept looking out my window haha. And I don't scare easily.

• Oh now that's crazy talk haha. Damn, make sure the doors are locked before you watch it. Good luck

• Thank you for MHG! :]!!

i'm watching this kind of scary stuff again D: on the weird side of youtube

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd grab my gun and be a bit concerned because you gotta get through the gate first then up the path to my door and that gate is a bit high. But let's say I was in the city and they came knocking unless your covered in blood needing help I'm not opening my door. Plus if I did open my door I'd have my gun in full view letting you know if you try any funny stuff you gon' get shot in the ass.

What Girls Said 37

• Call the police immediately.

My house is gated, so if someone was knocking on my door, they had to have gotten over the gate/tall fence.

People going over fences at 3 am are usually not out to have a late night cup of tea. If they needed assistance, they could have knocked on my neighbours' doors as their houses aren't closed off.

It's trouble, I'm not answering.

• I'd be spooked but I'd probably answer. There'd be a locked glass door between us and 911 is good about answering quickly.

• I might try to peek out the window to see who it is first. I doubt I'd open it, though. How freaky. o_o

• That movie terrifies me. After watching that , i was scared to answer my door for weeks hahah

No way would i answer my door at that time in the morning. I'd probably open my upstairs window and ask what they wanted

• Haha the "Is Tamara home" scene creeped me out too. The tone in the girl's voice was scary.

• Lol stop reminding me or I'll have a phobia of answering my door again Haha

I remember watching the strangers while sitting huddled up on my sofa... terrified to move haha The movie keeps you in suspence all of the way through lol

• Oh my bad lol. Ok I won't talk about it anymore.

• Oh man! My worst nightmare. I'd grab my bat, have 911 on speed dial and answer from behind the dead bolted door.

• Gosh that stuff scares me. I wasn't even alone once and someone rang my doorbell at 1:00am and my dad got up to answer it. It was just a neighbor needing to use a phone cuz she got locked out of her place. If I was alone, I would probably try to peak outside first.

• I read a story about a guy who was camping in a tent outside the cabins when that happened. I'd never answer a door that.

• I will not answer, I will army crawl around the house for the next 30 minutes.

• Look through the peep hole before opening the door

• I don't take door calls at 3 am, so I would certainly ignore it. There's no good reason to be knocking on someone's door that late, no reason that's any of my concern anyway.

• Dial 9-1 and hover over the 1 while I ignore the knock.

• 3 Am? It better be some penis cause I'm not answering my door for anything less js 😧

• Those strangers will become friend's real fast on my front porch that's all I'm saying. I thought the strangers was bases off of some indie French film no?

• Chuck is still the man! Him and Bob Wall. Haha I like Liam Neeson but I hope he doesn't do another Taken film. The last one was pretty damn awful.

• Lmao I didn't even watch it really. After like 20minutes I was done. The writer's just want money they don't even make half decent plots anymore.

• I would be dead asleep so I wouldn't even hear it

• Act like no one is home or everyone is asleep or become an impressive detective and try to see who it is through the curtain 😱

• Load my Beretta

• I don't answer. Peek through the peep-hole on the front door.

• In my situation I live in my grandfather's building with my cousins/uncles. So I'll assume they are in trouble.

• Make sure the door and windows are locked and go to my room.

• Open the door

• Press the car keys so it sets the alarm off. That should send them packing. Muhaha

• look through the peep hole and determine whether i'll open it

• Hide under my covers

• open the door and see whats up

• I won't open because I would be sleeping.

• I open the door, no biggie.

• Defini

• Probably look out my window, if I couldn't see who it was I'd text my dad.

• Send my boyfriend down to answer it. 😂

• Ah just realised I'm home alone. I'd call my b/f and get him over quickly to sort the maniac out. 😉

• Pull my dad's nunchuck and get ready to fight. (JK, I'd be way to scared)

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 26

• Yolo, open the door and preemptive strike
    49.media.tumblr.com/.../...djEqaJ1siloiwo1_400.gif

• Open the door. Invite them in for a cuppa tea!

• Depends on my mood. But knowing me I would peer through an adjacent window and see who it is, before they can see me. Then decide from there whether or not I'll answer

• I would hope its a hot chick but if not I grab my shot gun and come on outside to see what's up

• Well usually by that time I'm asleep and I can sleep through almost anything. But if I were awake, I'd check through the peephole and if I were unable to recognize who it was I'd ignore them.

• I grab my.45 semi auto, load it with a magazine and then ask at the door who it is. I also have my cellphone in my hand ready to dial 911.

• Grab my.357 and ask through the door what they want. Offer to call who ever they want and if the creep me out call the police.

• lol, answer it after looking through the window

• Chamber a round and wait for something to happen.

• Check the security camera screen.

• I WOULD NOT open that door

• Get my handgun and check to see who it is before opening my door

• Ignore it, or grab my gun, and shoo them off

• Look through the peephole and carrying a machete just in case.

• Release the Kraken. Or at least a PitBull

• I open my pant and remove my undies and turn back towards door and open the door with one thing in mouth "fuck me hard but never come back again"

• Don't answer haha

• I yell out "Be careful, I have a rifle and a broad sexual appetite". B|

• Open it 😂💁🏻

• go back to sleep, cause it's just a dream...

• Id grab my gun.. n open the door :) idgaf im shootin

• Scare him with a Jason voorhees mask and a machete when opening the door.

• Get mad, draw the 9 and make sure whoever it is doesn't wake me up again. :D

• Whoever's gonna open's an idiot...

I'd certainly ignore it... since at 3 AM it's for NO GOOD reason for sure...

• Open the door it Canada what's the worst that can happen most likely my brother forgot his key , the cops are hear to tell me something bad or the nabours think I'm having sex to loud eather way