Do you think Donald Trump failed as a businessman?

He had four bankruptcies
He also destoyed the United States Football League when he was an owner of a team. He wanted to move the league to the fall from the spring to competed with the National Football League.

Most Helpful Girl

• well I don't know but I loved the story where Mitt Romney accused Trump of being a bad businessman and then Trump replied by mentioning a few businesses that apparently all failed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE_G0hLByqI

So if trump himself can't name a successful business...

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. He intentionally killed the businesses to improve his overall financial situation. So he was failing businesses he controlled to help himself overall. Gives you a good feeling of what he will do for the US, doesn't it?

What Girls Said 4

• He basically a RICH KID! His dad was the one who had contacts and connection with people. All he did was copy and paste. Everything was given. He didn't start from the bottom. He started from the top! If he started poor than well his life would be extremely different!

• Bankruptcy means that you fail and he had like four. So yes he failed.

• If he's a failure then i wanna be a failure too

• Overall, he failed as a human being...

What Guys Said 11

• I think his record counts as a failure overall. He only bounces back because he is a gifted salesman.

• I been studies his failures and its amazing that he is still a businessman. He just make mistakes.

• The same is true for G. W. Bush. He ruined every business he was put in charge of. Having contacts in high places covers any amount of failure. They are allowed to bounce back, which gives the impression of success.

• He's richer than you and most people you know and most people on this website and 99.5% of the world.

What a fail.

• Well many of his companies failed and never made a profit. Some examples are Trump Airlines and Trump Steaks.

• As much as I hate Trump, it's folly to judge him by the failures of his business ventures. You have to make risks as an entrepreneur, and sometimes those ideas won't be successful.
    Compared that to the attention he's gotten along with the businesses that actually made him wealthy, can easily say he's really successful.

• Ya he's a complete joke lol

• Everyone likes to point out his four bankruptcies, but they seem to forget that the world isn't an easy place to win in. If everyone always succeeded, then we wouldn't recognize our world.

Obviously he isn't perfect, no one is, but ignoring the fact that he's come back from each bankruptcy is a very biased perspective.

• I agree with you some. I been studied Donald Trump and many of his companies or business ideas failed. Trump Airlines, Trump Steaks, Trump Magazine, and Trump University are some examples.

• Very true, I can't say that he is perfectly successful, but success is a long term thing, not a short term idea.

I think he is a good business man because he has one very profitable organization (Trump Towers or whatever his realtor company is named) and he still continued to look for new ventures even though he didn't need to.

• No, I don't, but it is clear that you do. The guy is mega rich and has hundreds of companies... not every endevour in my life has always worked out 100%. Over all, he is killing it. He spends more in jet fuel for one trip than many people make in a year, the cost to run a private jet, much less a 757, is huge, lol.

He owns buildings that most couldn't afford a single condo in. Failed, no, hugely successful, yes.

• Trump Airlines-Only lasted for three years and never turned a profit. One of the rules in business is always make a profit.
      Trump Steaks-Never sold a steak
      Trump Entertainment Resorts Inc-Four bankruptcies
      United States Football League-Moved the league to the fall and folded shortly after. Made poor investment decisions also

Here are some of the reasons why he failed. I can go on for hours.

• But you leave out that he has made BILLIONS of dollars. He has probably spent more in running for President than those businesses lost him. You can't only count losses without counting wins! Lol, he is killing it.

He beat the pants off of the establishment as they spent $100 million and got nothing when he spent like $1 million and won the eary states.

He makes more in a day than you will make all year!

• Of course but with a small loan of a million dollars anything is possible

• If he's a failure then I wish I was a failure because then I'd have 10 billion dollars or whatever he has.

• Well most of his companies failed. I do not think he knows how to run a company.

• Most business fail. It's the ones that succeed that make a person rich for a long time. One successful business makes up for much of failures and even more.

• Really and truly, that is one of the most moronic questions I have seen in this place.
    Trump is a multi billionaire.
    If that is failure, I would like to fail to that degree.
    Anyone who points to the bankruptcies knows NOTHING of how business works. It takes a socialist like Bernie to be that ignorant.

• Business you make a profit
      Destroy your competition
      The only thing that he did well is his Trump Towers. Everything else was a failure like his airline, being a football team owner, his streaks, his university, etc. His airline, Trump Airlines never made a profit.

• Yeah actually

• Gives me no hope.