Is it okay that I missed church on Easter?

So I'm a very very strong Christian, I've never missed church on Easter before. But what happened this time was my ultra competitive sport got in the way. We played all day Saturday. And by all day I mean 17 hours and 6 games. I got home at 1:30 in the morning. And completely slept through my alarm for church this morning. I want to know its okay. I feel so awful and guilty for not going to celebrate our Risen Savior. I'm going to watch my churches sermon on my laptop but that's still not the same as being there...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you need to worry too much about it. When you get to Heaven just explain it to Jesus, and we all know He's infinitely just and fair. I imagine that after he runs through your entire life with you during the Judgement Phase, He'll then lead you to the Media Room and explain you'll instead be watching Heaven on TV for eternity!

Most Helpful Girl

• You goin to hell with the rest of us now!! Mwahahahahaha

What Guys Said 12

• Going to church does not make you a Christian; if that were so, I could climb into an oven and that would make me a biscuit!

Not being in church doesn't make you a non-believer. How you live your life and what you feel in your heart is what is important.

• I think the fact you had the intention of going is the most important thing. It isn't like you ignored it purposefully. You'll be fine.
    Since it makes you feel this way though, just remember for the future to plan things accordingly. We learn from our mistakes.

• I am not Christian, but I'm sure that this will not harm your spirituality in any way. In practical and useful terms, I thing it would have been much better if your church members were there on Saturday to cheer you on! Please do not feel guilty. That is how the church makes you feel to try and ensure you stay on the "right"path. It is wrong for it to make you feel guilty.

• I don't understand some people. This is a divine being we are talking about. Not your bff. It will not get offended or pissed off at you for not chanting his name for hours. It will not send you to Hell for oversleeping. Honestly, of all the things God might be I doubt he's evil or petty. If you had the power to shape the entire universe would you care that there's a tiny creature somewhere that forgot to praise you. I think you'll probably get a good laugh from seeing it freaking out. Come on. Having faith is not about that.

• I don't believe I would go to hell, that's not how it works. I just wish feel bad for not going to church and celebrating my Lord. It's a feeling I don't like. And I don't know in a way, Jesus is my bff. Sure he's not my physical bff. But he's there for me always. So I wanted to be at church today for him :)

• i never was in a church since i got my confirmation... and im still alive,... so dont worry :)

• You have been successfully brainwashed.

Logically think what church is and what today is.
    Today is just another day of your life and church is where you listen to a man ramble on about God and Jesus and alter your views to be more conservative.
    Don't ever feel guilty missing church. Its an hour of wasted time. Well I waste time on here so I can't really talk.

• I don't know about that. While being Christian is more of a relationship with Christ, church does help in some ways. It's good to hear a pastor talk and the rush you get when everyone is singing praise for the Lord, it's just amazing. However, I don't go every week. But Easter is really important so yeah

• There is no physical proof that Jesus was the son of God. The bible isn't fact. It's just stories. You rely on faith. Whatever works for you but I couldn't live my life based on faith. I need facts and logic.

• Mm true. I totally get that. As long as you're happy that's all that matters :)

• That is between you and your God. Nobody else can answer that question.
    Having said that, I believe that your God would make allowances for certain practicalities of life.

• I'm sure you'll be forgiven.

• I ask you, did Jesus resurrected in church?
    Don't spoil your faith because of churchianity.
    Be Christian (Christ like) not Churchian (Christian without Christ)

• I went palm Sunday. Easter? There's no Sunday school, didn't even consider going :D

Jesus didn't say a whole lot about the importance of going to church. And you listen to the story of the last supper, it sounds a whole lot more like 'remember me each time you eat' then 'get together once a week with a priest and do this'. Not that there's anything wrong with Eucharist, it's like a little meal we all share together. But being at church isn't the important thing.

• You poor girl... you've been so misled, but it's not your fault.

• What do you mean?

• Don't worry, just shrug it off and make sure you are at church for the next service. A 17 year old girl is not going to hell just because she overslept after running her butt off all day yesterday. That's nonsense and you should not believe that.

• I know I won't be going to hell. That's not how it works. I was just concerned about my absence bc it's such an important day for Christians. Not concerned about my soul, just like a general concern if that makes any sense :D

• It's ok. You won't go to hell. What do you think of a christian who doesn't go to church anymore? Haven't turned away and never would. But just don't go anymore. What do you think?

• I'm confident I won't be going to hell. That's not how Christianity works. And hm I don't find any problem with that. Christianity is a relationship with Christ. However, I do believe the church is valuable to us. I go bc I enjoy praising the Lord with other believers and hearing the pastor educate me. But it doesn't work for everyone. And that doesn't make someone any less of a Christian in my opinion :)

• You're welcome! I'm sorry about that, tbh I don't know anyone at my church! I just go for the pastor and the music. I tried to join the youth group there, but all the girls care about are boys and how long they've been suicidal. So not a great environment. I love the sermons however so I wouldn't change churches. But it all depends on the fit. :)

• Yeah I'm the same. I'd be happy to just go for the music and the sermon. As long as it was a good pastor. I think I get more out of watching Joyce Meyer on TV.
      I never wanna get involved in a church again. Too much drama. Not that it should be.

What Girls Said 2

• Say three Hail Mary's and an Our Father. You should be fine.

• god forgives