40 dead in suicide attack in Pakistan. Do you think anyone will give a flying fuck about this one?

I think not.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 28

• I don't know. Do you think Pakistanis give a fuck about France or Belgium or the U. S?

Get off your high horse. If you care so much, the fuck are you doing about it? Huh? Nothing, most likely. Just bitching at other people to "care" more. Exactly what does "caring" do, anyway? You just trying to exert your moral authority over anyone else, trying to solidify how great of a person you are in contrast to everyone else.

I'm sure so many people will say "Oh, my heart bleeds for them." But ultimately they don't give a fuck either. You don't give a fuck, either. Otherwise you'd be doing more than bitching at other people on GAG.

How much do you give a fuck about the French or the Belgians that got blown up? Clearly not very much, given that you're essentially arguing that people should care about Pakistanis more.

Just trying to throw more white guilt on the fire. What responsibility do we have to Pakistan? Tell me. What responsibility does Pakistan have to us? Want everyone to drop their own shit and go fix all the Middle Eastern countries? How do you think that would go over with Middle Easterners? They need to solve their own shit.

If you care so much, go to Pakistan and do something about it. Oh. Oh but you won't, huh?

We got our own problems. And end of the day, I'm a civilian. I'm not military. I'm not a politician. The fuck are you bitching at me to "care" for?

• Such aggressiveness. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• This is the second time I come across a question about someone asking whether Westerners care about Pakistan or not. So I'm gonna ask again, why do you people obsess over what the West thinks of such tragedies? I mean, I am pretty sure that the People of Pakistan and it's surrounding countries will care about what happened so why fuss ove the West caring or not?

Will Europe and America care as much as it did for Belgium? No, of course not. Is that a bad thing? Also no, we don't owe you anything. And neither do you to us. We care more about things happening in Europe or America because the North Atlantic civilization has many cultural ties and similarities which bond everyone together. A terrorist attack in Belgium and Pakistan can be compared to a fire going rampant in your neighbor's house and a house in a completely different city. For whom will you care more?

The neighbor of course.

• I would also add that there is a difference in the cultures and the way each one responds to such tragedies. Based on my limited knowledge of Eastern societies, I have gathered that they are more cynical than Western societies. For example, they rarely ever light candles, form group solidarity, write songs, pay tributes, etc...

I believe Islamic culture prohibits people from grieving for more than three days or so. So, while the frequency of the attacks, international hypocrisy, and the proximity of the attacks (that you mentioned) are all valid factors, I still think the cultural difference is the dominant one. I think if the millions of people living there decided to storm social media with a catchy phrase to express solidarity with a specific tragedy, it would be impossible to disregard.

• No, and justly so.
    First of all, the tragedy didn't take place in the west, thusly, it won't take up that much air time on a western based and western located news and media channels.
    Secondly, a bombing in a country, such as Belgium, is much more shocking and surprising than one being carried out in a country such as Pakistan, India, Iraq, or some other country. Bombings in the aforementioned countries dont shock people, they only reassure the status-quo.
    It has nothing to do with racism. It only has to do with the current state of the globe. If a bombing was carried out in Japan or in urban China, it would get a lot of overage world wide.

• islam has been wrecking havoc in the middle east for centuries.

islam wrecking a body count in Belgium or Paris is pretty new. And hence, people are upset and concerned.

• I care. You care. Several on here have already said they care. So, yes. People do care.

• It will get attention, but not as much as those in Europe, obviously, which is totally understandable.

• Because Pakistani lives are not as valuable?

• Shootings happen every week? O. o

• Yep. Here in Chicago every week there's a shooting. Not mass shootings, but still shootings.

• Well I hadn't heard anything about it until just now but yeah I care I mean a life is a life regardless of were it comes from. It probably won't get as much attention as the Europe attacks though because this type of stuff is common in the middle east as opposed to Europe were these types of things rarely ever happen.

• It is horrible. But The Left set down the rules that killing Christians is always just fine with them...

• i dont care i haven't cared about any there's a civil war in the middle east about their religion and the west decided to join in you reap what you sow not to mention pakistan definitely isn't the best place to live and being blown up is far from the worst way to die

• I pray for those that get killed and those that killed, if it happened. Sometimes, I wonder if these events really happened.

• I am a Pakistani, and I do. Wish people would consider the whole world for their sympathies not just one cause or a group of people.

• Considering the Pakistani government is thought to be funding terrorist organizations and even protected Osama bin laden, no. I do feel bad for the families of those killed, though.

• Lots of children that won't get to play another day! I'm lost for words on this! Do people want to bring hate into this world? Why? I Cry :(

• i care but not as much as the french shootings..

128 people is 3 times as many.

• Is it about numbers? It's close to Brussels'

• Wait! terrorists bomb a place called Islam a bad? ... giggle. I care. This is getting ridiculous. The American media will probably celebrate then show off trump's face.

• Does Pakistan want international help? Waiting to ear about that.

• MSM won't because these attacks happen in the Middle East quite often.

• Why would you even think that shit?

• And 29 dead in Iraq too but because the victims were Muslims so fuk em

• Yep 💁
    I do

• They care. But what are they gonna do? Fly there and try to revenge the lost ones?

I really doubt that.

• Obama doesn't give a fuck... They are Christains and he rather watch baseball.

• ther will be no #jesuis islamabad... thats the usual hypocrisy

• What about all the thousands of children that die everyday? Why aren't you talking about them instead of these 40 people? What makes the 40 people any better than the thousands of died children you are ignoring? Do you not care about them? I don't see anyone outraged for the lack of flags being waved for the died children, so why does everyone not care about the children? Yes I know those are very unfair questions.

The fact is human's simply can't be expected to care about every single person that dies. The emotional turmoil would rip us apart. As such we are only going to be able to emotionally invest in the unusual things that happen. If it is the same tragedy keeps happening again and again eventually we become numb to it. While most humans are good and don't want people of any race to die, expecting us to care on a personal level every time someone dies is just really unfair. It doesn't mean we are bad people.

• Now about 72 people killed.

And nope, not much about this in the western media. And not a single Facebook profile picture changed to have the Flag of Pakistan overlap the profile picture.

• yes we care. people still have hearts. we are not all dead.

• Nope , people have their great country to sing praises and anthems for.
    We are just too busy calling others terrorists.

• I do.. Just because the terrorist manly come from Pakistan didn't mean every one is a terrorist...
    These terrorist Bomb there own people.. Which is very bad..

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know why but Facebook apparently thought I was in the area of this so they asked me to tell everyone I was fine - thats how I first heard about this and yeah it's very sad to hear about his of course but sadly it's almost part of the everyday life in countries like Pakistan that's why the media aren't paying as much attention as they probably should.

• Oh wow, I know someone I work with who's from Islamabad, Pakistan. He asked me if I wanted to visit Pakistan with him, but it's horrible over there right now. I feel bad for the innocent people there

• I care but I heard it was 50 that was killed. Just because it's happening somewhere else does not mean it's not happening.

• No and neither do you. Did you lose sleep over it? No? Then stop trying to make other people feel guilty. There are horrible things happening to people everywhere in the world but life goes on.

• Would you stop making assumptions? You're a wreck of a human being.

• probably not. reality or wut. we just don't give a fuck about "developing countries"

• This hypocrisy is killing me.
    No Pakistani flag on the Eiffel Tower eh? On the Empire State Building? No? On the fountain of trevi maybe? No? Oh well. Same as Istanbul.
    Bombing kills 20 europeans, everyone loses their shit. Massacre kills 200 middle easterns, nobody bats an eye. Double standards much? Smh. A life is a life.

• I hope my ex boss was there, she needed to die.