The guy I like and his best friend?

my best friend is really good friends with this guy who people seem to think he likes me. I don't particularly think that true but he does act super shy around me and he when we do speak he's just trying to argue in a banter-ish way. But i really like his best friend. Now he pretty much never speak to me apart from once or twice because he has a resemblance to a footballer who I think is really attractive, so both times I have spoken to him he has mentioned how people say he looks like this footballer. Even though I said he has a resemblance so he must have figured out I am some what attracted to him he still hasn't attempted to speak to me, so iv pretty much taken that as. I am not his type which is a little annoying but hey you can't make someone like you. The only thing is that I wonder if he's not speaking to me because potentially his friend likes me or do you think that would not matter. Baring in mind these boys are extremely good friends they are actually like brothers

What Guys Said 1

• I would think from what you said that maybe that maybe the guy is attracted to you but feels a little shy and maybe scare of rejection if he does put him self out on a limb. Why not ask to meet up? Get a drink or coffee and see if it goes somewhere if you genuinely like him. Life is too short, ask questions and stop playing it safe is my motto!
    Good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, when it comes to other guys talking to me my boyfriend hates it. One time my friend came up to me and my boyfriend and my boyfriend did a punching motion to make him go away. I laughed.
    So yes. When a guy likes a girl they tell the other guys to back off claiming your his crush