Do you hate being wrong?

When you're wrong and someone brings it to your attention, how do you feel? Do you hate to accept what you did wrong? Or do you apologize and get it over with?

• Yes of course, who doesn't?
  • No, I own up to my faults
  • I'm never wrong

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if it's on something I'm REALLY passionate about, but even then, I HAVE learned to accept even the hardest of truths, it took some time though.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like being wrong, but I'll admit when I am for whatever reason.

What Guys Said 21

• i don't feel anything. im usually just like, oh shit i didn't realize, thanks d00d :P

• I know I can be wrong, I am humble enough to admit when I am wrong.

• Being wrong is normal as it is to err is to be human. Being wrong and admit being wrong and find ways to not make that error again - that takes courage.

• 1|0
  • Be willing to say "I was wrong" is one of the most important things you can do for a relationship. I try to be good at that although I occasionally lapse.

• I imagine such an experience would leave one feeling like a complete 'tard! Of course I have no earthly idea.

• You can only "imagine" it because you can't recognize when you're wrong and instead will only assert that you're right without justifying your claims -_-

• @adquidorator if I told you tires are round, you'd insist they're circular...

• Actually, they're both

• I will always be the first to admit and say sorry if I am wrong about most anything, I will usually not jump on that wagon tho to just make a guess and hope I am right.. although if I know that I am right I will go the distance to prove it, and if someone then can prove me wrong... then so be it

• i used to, then i grew up and realized i'm not always the smartest guy in the room.

• I use to make a big deal about it when I was younger, but I own up to it now.

• I appreciate when people pay attention and also direct my attention to my mistake. There's no apology, I thank them for pointing it out, if they are correct.

• So you wouldn't apologize if you hurt their feelings?

• there's no wrong or right in a situation like that. I will apologize if it's really necessary.

• Not really, "being wrong" doesn't bother me that much. :-P

• Not at all. Please, if you or anyone reading this believes that I've said something false, let me know. I try as much as I can to only speak when I have an amount of knowledge about a topic but I don't know everything.

• I don't have that problem, I'm never wrong.

• It is good to be wrong once in awhile, makes me realize I still have a lot to learn!

• Not really
    I hate being wrong about something I should know though

• I don't argue until I'm sure I'm not wrong.

• I need to know when I'm wrong because I like to know the truth

• But what if the truth to them isn't what it is for you? There's always THEIR side to the story and then yours.

• It depends on what your define as truth. Truth for me is the most logical answer based on the facts given to me.

• Okay... I see.

• No, I own up to my faults

• Dunno, I'll get back to you if it happens.

Seriously, it doesn't bother me when it occurs but that's not often because I'm careful about not fooling myself into thinking I know things I don't. What's interesting is other people's reactions to you if you are almost always right. Only a few react rationally (place more reliance on what you say) most have some kind of emotional counter reaction. Like it oppresses them to be around someone who doesn't screw up.

• it would be idiotic to hate it. i love it cause i learnfrom my mistakes

• 0|0

What Girls Said 10

• A and B. Obviously no one likes being wrong but I'm grow up enough to admit when I am.

• If I'm actually really wrong I feel kinda stupid for like a minute but then I'm actually grateful that someone told me I was wrong.
    I just can't stand when people start arguing and claim you're wrong when you know for a matter of fact that you're not just for the sake of arguing.

• it depends on my mood, the subject matter and the way it's presented

• Yes, I hate being wrong. I own up to it though when I am. I apologize or I make sure I let them know I was in the wrong. It sucks to be wrong, but I'm not going to be immature about things or let my pride get in the way.

• Of course no one likes to be wrong. But it takes someone with strength to admit it when they are wrong own up to their faults. :)

• nope, i always own up. i know half the shit i say is assumptions from vague statistics i read 3 years ago so i like when people point out my errors in a non-asshole way :D

• If the people in my life would just realize I'm always right problems would be solved

• I don't like being wrong but if I can see my mistake then I own up to it.

• I do but I still own up to my faults.

• If i'm wrong, i'm wrong.