How do you deal with built up anger?

I have depression and lately I've found myself having anger outbursts. I do see a counsellor already but either way I'm having trouble dealing with my built up frustration and anger over the years. I've been unwell for a long time and it's got to the point where I'm so used to feeling unwell and so used to nothing ever going right for me. I'm angry at so many things, yeah I can write them down but it won't take away the frustration. I've woken up through the night and I can't get back to sleep because I'm thinking too much and I feel angry. I know exercise can help but I don't feel like it would help me and when you're very depressed it feels almost impossible to get yourself moving. How do you deal with your anger? Yeh there's relaxation too but it doesn't fix anything or make it much better really.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I put the saying "walk it off" to use. Lately my emotions have just been a blur. They just run into each other with no break in between. Anger has been the most prevalent one as of late. I started going for walks and it does help clear your mind.

What Guys Said 1

• Seriously exercises will help you feel positive and motivated and also good about yourself...

Other then that your got to stop thinking about things that make you angry...

What Girls Said 2

• I am on medication and its change my mood lol!

• Anger is really a build up of fear, so getting to the root cause will be a big help but in the meantime lots of exercise to burn off stress is a start as well as working on and through any issues with your counselor will also help.