Do you fear growing old?

We all are supposed to grow old and older and older and fade one day.
The thought gives me chills. I can't sleep at new years eve. Can't get this thing outta my head.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Too late to fear it, I am already old. :-)
    Funny thing, the fit young soldier, diver and student of a martial art (still do that) is still inside, under the grey hair and sad eyes.

• Sounds like you enjoyed youth.

What Girls Said 13

• No, I fear becoming a physical shell unable to really move on my own or feed myself or poop without assistance. Growing old itself is going to happen, but I'd like to do it with as much dignity and privacy as possible.

• I don't dwell on the inevitable. It prevents you from making the most of the time you have now. When you do reach old age you'll regret wasting time on being overly concerned about something which you have absolutely no control over.

• Yeah I'm the same, sometimes I think about it so much that I get really nauseous.. But at other times I think if we really aren't immortal we should just make sure we make the best out of the time we have until it all goes down 👍 I feel like the scary thing isn't death or dying in itself, but dying with regret because you haven't lived enough.

• Finally, someone who gets the point.

• Nope not at all. Cause I can't stop it, therefore I don't stress over it. We all have to age and it's fucked up we all know we will get there and die some day, but hey I'm too busy trying to focus on life than I am my end lol. Growing old doesn't scare me plus I'm morbid AF so it's pointless for me.

• I've thought about this a lot. The women of my family die young, often times between 50 and 60 years of age. I feel as if I don't have too long, so I'm going to try and enjoy it while I can while also making a nice life for myself by becoming financially stable and finding someone who will make those years I have count. The thought alone doesn't scare me though.

• Yes.

• Its "the fear of growing old alone" and not the fear of growing old that bugs me. Why fear something which is inevitable?
    I actually study what happens in body when you are in the process of aging. Each neuron is destroyed one after the other consecutively and then there are so less neurons left in your body to convey something to your brain that it has to stop in the end. It can't be stopped. Rather than thinking about "fear of dying", think about making the most out of your young age. :)

• Can't stop it from happening which is why you should go out & enjoy life while you still can. It does frighten me too though, like I can't even imagine having kids yet but time goes so fast.

• I will turn 18 soon. I'm scared. I mean I don't know why, but I think my parents won't love me the same just because I will be 18. But I'm looking forward to my future. There's a lot of things to do, lots of places to see and many people to make friends with!

• yes the thought comes to mind but apparently it's a part of life

• no fear of growing old is a waste of time

• Dude live life to the fullest 😝

• No im not fear of being old. I just want to live my life at my pace ;D YOLO

What Guys Said 17

• Well for one, their are not that many alternatives that I can think of. So the best thing to do is to live each day as best you can, and don't waste any. Find people you like and who will make life here on Earth enjoyable. Get out and see what is out there in this world. Make experiences happen for you.
    But don't worry about growing old. The best thing to do is to grow old gracefully.
    You can add a few years to your life by living smart, not smoking, using drugs and alcohol sparingly, exercising, eating well, and just having a great attitude. Stressing will kill you.

• Nope... I found that with age comes many things not all good. You know, wear and tear this equipment wasn't built to last forever. However, there are some things that I never anticipated, the issues that once caused anxiety and fear seem to have lost that affect. I have developed patients, acceptance and appreciation on a level that I couldn't conceive of when I was younger. I can understand and accept that there are outcomes and events that I will never be able to anticipate or plan for. I learned to change those things I can, right now ! I learned that some things cannot be changed and I am developing skills to tell the difference. I most importantly stopped allowing the events of the past and the prospects of the future the power to affect my present... And... we are after all spiritual beings having a human experience... the next chapter should be a real rush...

• You can't focus on it. Just have to live day by day and for the moment. As I get older I fear it somewhat. Not the getting older but what may possibly come with it? How I'll die. Will I get some disease like cancer or something? I worry about the physical part of getting older sometimes. But what will be will be. I'm also getting to the age where friends/family are going to start dying before me. I wonder how I'll handle it as I age.

• Father time is undefeated. Everyone will succumb to that bastard eventually so there's no point in worrying about it.

If you keep in shape and take care of yourself, you can cheat father time and look younger than your age like me 😛

• Nope, if you're enjoying your youth then that's the furthest thing on your mind. You'd be too caught up in the moment to think about growing old.

• No I can't wait till the time I can say and as I like as I'm old and don't care

• old no..

old and lonely. sure

• No. I really don't feel that way. I really wanna grow old and do great nonsense talk to ask the people around me without getting disturbed.

• alone

• Nope. That's people pleasers trying to meet the deadlines of other people's expectations.

• I am old

• I look forward to everything I'll experience between now and when I become elderly.

• No... what's the point of dwelling if we're forced to grow old?

• Like.. LIKE... i kunt even eat, sleep nor drink at the thought of it :<

• no i have faith in Jesus Christ that this isn't the only life.

• It's unavoidable unfortunately... but still it's not da best thang to look like a fossil... anyway I'm still faraway from being old...

• no...