Do you really think the world will end eventually? Or do you think we can prevent it form ending?

Just wanna see other people's beliefs 'n' theories.

• Yes. In 2020-3000.
  • Yes. But later than 3000.
  • Not sure.
  • Never. (The world never ends).
  • The world is about to end now.
  • It's always ending, recreated, and ending again just like a cycle.

Most Helpful Guy

• By end if you mean where humans no longer live on the planet than I think it's very possible. We as humans are ruining our planet slowly and I think eventually we'll kill ourselves off. The planet will be so polluted and uninhabitable. But maybe future generations and technology will change how things are going?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what you mean by 'the end of the world'. Do you mean that humankind/life as we know it will cease to exist? If so, then very possible in the relatively near future. Humans are steadily fucking things up, and I could easily see a nuclear holocaust or the like ending our current existance.
    If you mean the Earth literally being destroyed, then I can't see that happening anytime soon.

What Guys Said 19

• There are different things that could kill off us human's but the only force I see destroying the Earth itself, is the sun when it starts to die.

• It will end when God decides he is good and ready to end it, and will stop anything else from ending it prematurely. No matter how many things can destroy the planet, and regardless of how much we fail as stewards.

• Well, In about 5 Billion years time the sun will begin its death cycle, And as it depletes its hydrogen fuel reserves in its core, It will begin to rapidly expand to several times its size, It will infact grow so much that will engulf and swallow Earth entirely (Along with Mercury, Venus and Mars).

So yeah, The world will come to an end, Like... 100% will. Not even a question, That will be the way the planet is utterly obliterated xD.

This is ofcourse, Providing nothing major happens within the next 5 billion years, Like, I don't know. Nuclear war (Pretty likely tbh), Asteroid / comet impact (Also extremely likely, If not guranteed to happen a few thousand times in 5 billion years).

Hell, In 4 Billion years time the Milky way (Our galaxy) Will collide with our nearest neighbour galaxy Andromeda, For all we know a rogue planet or celestial body could slam into the planet during this, Though not very likely, Due to the mass voids of space, It could still happen.

Fuck, Even a rogue black hole or a Neutron star or something could f*ck us.

We live in a very very very very very very dangerous place, Hard to truly appreciate that cacooned in our lovely little planet :3

• Maybe an asteroid in a few thousand years etc but if we can stop that then the earth is definitely fucked in 5 billion years when the sun burns the last of it's hydrogen although by then we might live on multiple different planets in different galaxies if we even still exist, this is all just bullshit speculation ultimately I don't know.

• The planet itself will be destroyed when the sun enters the later stages of its lifecycle and expands into a red giant, consuming the Earth.

We cannot 'destroy' the Earth. It will continue on without us.

• We'll have left the planet long before the sun expands and obliterates it.

• lol the sun is shrinking

• @skeptic007 Kinda. The Sun relies on Hydrogen Fusion. (As oppose to Nuclear Fission).
      Nuclear Fission is basically the process of splitting an Atom (Which releases an enormous amount of energy) where as Fusion, in Hydrogen anyway, Is where the Electrons stop orbiting the protons in the atoms Nuclei. And all the now empty Nuclei fuse to form Helium atoms and Neutrons, Which releases a massive energy. (Though, Nuclear reactions of sort do still happen within the suns core where the temperatures are so insanely high).

Once the sun has depleted and burned through its hydrogen, The very core of the sun beings to collapse and contract, During this time the final Hydrogen reserves around the core are burned up which causes the outer layers of the sun to expand

And, Once the core burns through its helium (Which the hydrogen basically became) then its pretty much set to go bang and supernova ;)

• @Riggers
      I understand the concept but the sun does not produce Neutrinos, so the statement that the sun is fused is up in the air no one really knows how the sun is lit, but there is one thing, not sure if it's true or not but on a certain part of the earth there is supposedly a large lump of neutrinos while the rest of the earth has basically nothing in general but its theoretical so it might be true,, it might not,, just letting you know I like too study and educate

when neutrinos hit dry cleaning fluid, the fluid becomes argon gas they did a test on this years ago, it came of negative truth is I doubt anyone knows what is making the sun burn
      my guess is fire lol I've heard a few good theories here and there but I doubt will ever know for sure

• of course it will end because the sun won't last forever, the core of the earth will cool down, asteroids can hit the planet etc.

The question is not if it will end but when

• We can try to find ways.
    Still the universe seems to have an age limit.
    Can we escape and bring earth to another universe? or replicate it exactly? Dunno

• yes this planet that we call earth will be destroyed we either find a way to leave this planet before the sun dies or we die once the sun dies but first we need to find another planet like earth before we leave we also need build space ships that is of course if nothing else happens like a big virus outbreak or war or etc.

• when the sun dies in the distant future, yeah, it'll end, but the human race won't live to see it.

• Humans will leave the earth long before the earth itself is gone.

• It will end someday, everything has an end.

• the world will end now when it happens not sure

• I know it will

• Everything ends eventually. Our sun will become a red giant in many millions of years and engulf the earth.

• Has anything lasted for ever, ever?

Also we're here now so ultimately we decide

what are your opinions?

• hopefully it will end

• Normally it'll happen... nobody knows when though... all I can say's hope not now...

• Well hypothetically there will be a heat death which means not enough energy for work/life anywhere in the entire universe.

What Girls Said 7

• Well, religiously I do believe it will end. But even without looking at it religiously, I would still think it would end. The sun, like any other star will eventually die out at some point...

• Dude. In the middle of the galaxy is a black hole sucking everything in. Kinda goes without saying.
    Not to mention there are traveling black holes that pop up from time to time, ruining everyone's day.
    That's if other things don't end life as we know it first.

• Yes, I think it will someday. I guess something will happen and all human beings will disappear.
    But maybe, another species might appear just like our species replaced the dinosaurs.

• I think so. The sun is a star and every star goes through a cycle and once the sun hits the red giant phase and expands in a few more billion years, life on Earth will cease to exist.

• Yeah, it's gonna end. We are too stupid to want to save it.

• Exactly. And people grow dumber each day. And the world is getting worse. There is no saving it.

• I'll be dead so i don't care

• Last one.