Waking up from a falling dream?

Have you ever had a weird experience waking up from a dream? Last night I had a dream that ended with me falling, but it was like I knew I was dreaming at that moment when the fall because and I started waking up, but I kinda let out a bit of a shriek as I was coming to. Lol

What was really strange though was as I was transitioning from the dream to reality, it was almost like a break in space time, like it was some kind of Interstellar shizz, like the movie, or like a weird video game glitch. Super weird! Any ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The falling sensation during very early stages of sleep is called the hypnagogic jerk and is experienced by up to 70% of the population.

• But what was up with like the weird, transdimensional space time shift type thing? haha

• Your brain is interpreting an ambiguous sensation and that weirdness came from somewhere inside of you. It's just a dream. Hell, in my dreams, I usually go to court naked!

What Girls Said 2

• I tend to get the sensation of falling when I'm going into a deep sleep. My hubby is used to my whole body jerk suddenly at night lol

• Lol I jerk and restart dreaming when that happens in my dreams😂😄😊

• same here, I hate the jump tho, feels so real

• I knowwww! But it's cool though

• @Artist10 yeah it does feel hecka real. Sometimes ur dreaming of something awesome and that jump, it really messes up the order of the dreams

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, I have had those kind of dreams, weird dreams, lucid dreams but then I have never woken up in a strange manner like you mentioned.

• I've had dreams where I've been falling before. Usually I just wake up 1/2 way through the fall.

• I've had that weird falling sensation too.

• It has happened to me, pretty crazy experience lol

• It literally felt like I was coming out of another dimension!

• maybe not another dimension but what if its because of astral projection? Your soul gets out of the body and then u wake up and u are forced back into ur body rapidly

• That'd be pretty far out bruhh!

• Just a week ago it happened with me.
    LOL

• Could we be transdimensional beings? 😆 lol