Since when did meeting someone online been a good thing?

Most of my friends started their relationships online and eventually started a real one with the partner they found online and I use to think online dating was bad must be a new thing in the 21st century

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, a lot of people meet online now~ according to an article i read recently, 38-40% of couples now meet through the internet.

my future husband and i met online, as did many of the other couples in my social circle. since the internet gives us access to more people, it actually increases your odds that you'll meet someone you are compatible with.

Most Helpful Guy

• It just kind of happened with the times with the rise of internet, computers and all that. Personally I'd rather meet someone face to face but me being me and belonging to the family I do, I know love and your partner can be found anywhere, sometimes in the places you least expected it form people you least expected, so I am open to finding someone online, even finding love.

I however will never join a dating site though I hate those places so much it they just seems so fake, can't stand em.

I don't necessarily see meeting someone on the internet as crutch though simply more opportunities to meet someone or great people we wouldn't have otherwise had access to.

What Girls Said 4

• yeah it's definitely on the rise. id rather meet someone face to face before becoming 'official' but I'm no longer closed off to meeting someone online like i used to be. definitely not joining a dating site though.

• With people's busy schedules, it's easier to sign up for online dating sites. Technology helps us meet others we typically wouldn't have the chance to meet. I think there's nothing wrong with it.

• It's never been a "bad" thing. It was just less common but with social media and all these dating apps/websites its more well known.

• I agree it's bad u don't know if there a catfish or some 50 year old dude lol

What Guys Said 2

• Actually if two people are on the same page then it doesn't matter if they meet online or offline..

• Daughter: mom how did you and dad meet
    Mom: it was a really romantic encounter, we met on eharm... I'm let's go to the right!

fuck online relationships