What is the benefit of falsely accusing someone of rape?

Why would someone do that? It sounds too risky and what even is the point? What exactly does it accomplish?

Most Helpful Guy

• too risky? most people who get caught falsely accusing someone are sentenced to community service or a fine.

what is the benefit? you absolutely destroy someone's life. Family disowns them, friends abandon them, neighbors demand they leave the neighborhood, work fires them, spouses leave and take the kids...
    Even when it is proven that he did nothing (in some cases, that he never even met the person who accused him) most these things will still happen to him, because nothing poisons a persons reputation, and makes them a social pariah, like the mere accusation of a terrible sex crime. Everyone can know it is false, and still want nothing to do with him.
    Some men have their lives so destroyed that even after being proven innocent, they are driven to suicide, because they are treated with such hatred.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some do it because they want sympathy, others because they regret the sex they had with someone. It depends, but in any case it's a cruel thing to do.

What Guys Said 21

• attention
    control
    sociopathic
    selfish
    revenge/anger/hate

• there must be some sort of gratification from pulling that shit. like revenge.

• In reality, there is no benefit in violating other people's rights, such as by making a false rape allegation.

But, almost everyone does not recognize the fact that there is no benefit in violating other people's rights, though our culture is not yet so bad that most people would approve of false rape allegations.

• What's the benefit?

I don't know, Maybe they can tick off :
    ''Be a total and utter thunderc*nt spunk puddle licking asshat psychopath sadist''

From their bucket list.

• It absolves them of responsibility say if they get caught cheating or something. Or they do it as revenge for whatever reason.

• There was a case where a lady wanted a couple extra days to finish her school project so she accused the dorm janitor of raping her.

• Someone you don't like gets put in jail. I suppose that's the only "benefit," and considering that there really isn't a risk of jail time unless she has been proven to have lied, there really isn't anything to lose

Even if she does get put in jail though, it's nothing more than a slap on the wrist, mitigated even further by the fact that she's a woman

• If a person is seeking revenge, satisfaction. Monetary gain, as in blackmail. Attention. That's all I can think of now but I'm sure there's more.

• Some crack head women do that to get back at someone for something...
    And what the hell do you mean by its to muck risk?
    Your are worried about the risk and not about the consequences of false accusation on the guy?

• The type of people who do this are selfish anyway. I didn't really take that into account due to that reason.

• I'm not trying to say that no one cares. We do. I was just trying to get into the mind of someone who falsely accuses someone of rape. If they really care they wouldn't have done it in the first place.

• That's like a Kamikaze attack... Some women would declare themselves victims to hoodwink people into sympathizing with them and ignoring their culpability in an alleged crime. Yes. Some women can be such sociopaths. And deserve almost as bad a punishment as bona fide rapists and child-molesters.

• Guaranteed victim status and all the perks of that today.

• Revenge. Ego boost. Withholding feelings of responsibility and self accountability. Gain custody of his child.

Really along the same logic of someone actually raping someone else.

• it ruins someone life, so if that is the plan than it works

• It's a great way to ruin someone's life

• Compensation packages
    Exposure
    Revenge

• Sympathy.

• Reasons I've heard of happening:
    - to cover up consensual sex they weren't supposed to have (i. e. cheating, or not approved partner)
    - revenge
    - to get attention and be treated as a victim when they feel ignored
    - as part of a claim attempting to get a better deal in a divorce/child custody case
    - to set up a civil lawsuit.

I'm not suggesting these are common, but they've all happened.

• False rape accusations should be treated the same as actual rape, because it literally destroys the innocent guy's life.

• But guess what? It's not. No woman who has accused someone of false rape has EVER spent a night in jail or had to pay back any monies she might have been awarded as a result.
      How F!*$&#! ED up is that?
      Ruin someone's life, his time - which can never be retrieved, is gone forever, and the lying dirtbag woman/teen will never, if ever, be punished for wasting the court's time, the investigating cops' time, or the tax payer's dollars.

• I agree, it should be treated the same.

• They should be in prison

• To try getting money, gain sympathy, or to just ruin someone's life.

• Most commonly done to shift blame or cover up cheating. Doesn't usually go to court or public since it is just a show for the SO.

What Girls Said 4

• There's no benefit from it. It's dangerous and I don't get why people even do it. But I guess for the one accusing it's a form of attention and revenge.

• There really aren't any benefits.

• Well seems to me that those bitches don't have a guilty conscious @ all. So I guess just getting away with anything 'n' seeing innocent people suffer is pretty much what they gain from all of it.

• There isn't a point and I don't think it is nearly as common as people pretend like it is either.