What do you think of an accent?

I'm just curious about what people would think about them since I have one lol.

Updates:
For people who are wondering.. I'm talking about a Jamaican Standard English accent.

0|0
6|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone has an "accent". I've been told by my aunt and uncle that I have a slight Canadian accent.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Do I understand you?
    If yes, it's perfect.
    Otherwise, better invent real life subtitles for idiots. 😂

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Are you talking about an accent (what foreigners have who try to speak English) or a dialect (a regional variation of the English language such as a Texas dialect or a New Zealand dialect)?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, You're from the US, What kind of accident are we talking about? Like, Full on Hillbilly? xD.

I have a guy friend from the US and his accent is pretty aight, I asked him what he thinks of my British accent, and he said i sounded like a ''snobby douche'', Haha.

0|0
    0|0
    • lmao 'full on hillbilly'
      No, im not originally from the US. But I have a Jamaican Standard English accent.

• You have an accent, wait I thought Accent woke up the flavor of food. If were talking in voices then having an accent is attractive, it's not a standard thing, it's different and being different is attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont really like jamaican accents. they can be funny, but if i hear it constantly it becomes annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a slight of an accent too being born and raised out of the US. It's fine though, some accents are pretty good sounding.

0|0
    0|0
  • hate mine when I speak English... but some are really nice

0|0
    0|0
  • Attractive, esp French or British girls👍

0|0
    0|0
  • Wut SMEXY accent u have?

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in the USA for the first time in August of last year, and I found out that sometimes people didn't understand me... so I learned I needed to slow down my speaking voice when talking English.

So I found out I have an annoying accent - much like this South Park character (and I'm not even from Asia) :)
    treasure.diylol.com/.../...o-shitty-wok-055a51.jpg

But in regards to girls, it can be annoying or super sexy... super sexy if I can understand them and annoying if I can't

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the accent. I think some are sexy, others are funny, others are classy and there are also accents that I find annoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some of them are really nice. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • my fave accents are Irish and Scottish people in your life take you for who you are as a whole person

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the accent. I adore Irish accents & Aussie accents are nice too.

0|0
    0|0
  • What accent?

0|0
    0|0
    • Any kind of accents. Even though I come from an English speaking country, I pronounce some words differently.

• Oh. But which accent do you have is what I'm asking? Accents are fine. I'm in England and there are many different accents, I'm indifferent towards them.

• Jamaican accent