What do you think about catching Pokemon in real life?

You would use your smart phone with an app called,"Pokemon GO." To catch pokemon you would see in your own town with your cell phone. Also would you be wanting to play it?
http://www.mtv.com/news/2266523/pokemon-go-catch-them-irl/
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

• Hell yeah I would!
  • Seems like fun
  • not into pokemon
  • I don't have a smart phone. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• As I have said once before... I can imagine it now...
    It's late at night in the busy city you live in... you get a notification on your phone. "Latios appeared in your area on your right!"
    "I better capture it now! Who knows where it will be next" you say.
    You look to your right. You stare into the pits of the unknown as the sketchiest alleyway you have ever seen lies in front of you. There are bloodstains on the ground in front of you. Should you turn back? No... All your life was leading up to this-- the grass fields of Rattatas/Zigzagoons, the sadness of killing Rayquaza and restarting the game, the time your pokemon was confused and committed suicide. You did it all.
    You venture in, singing to yourself, "I wanna be the very best like no one was ever was!"

Shortly later, a man with a hockey mask and knife appears. "What do I do?" you quickly ask yourself. Suddenly you realize you only have a short time before Latio flees. You start attacking, Latios that is, as you run in circles from the hockey masked madman.

"I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST!" you yell to yourself, as he starts swinging his knife towards you. Should you flee? No, you can't, for the sweet digitized call of Latios is gently whispering your name.

Suddenly you pass out from the blood loss. It's alright though. You caught Latios. You saved up your master ball up until this point just for it. You have enslaved Latios. You did it.

RIP Pokémon master. You may have died needlessly in a sketchy alleyway, but you "travelled across the land, searching far and wide."
    You are truly the best in all our hearts. Your legend stays with us forever.

Most Helpful Girl

• DUDE
    You have no idea how excited I've been for this since I first heard about it.

The only part I don't care for is the fact you have to catch so many of the same Pokemon in order to evolve one of them. But I'm sure I'll get over it.

I just hope it comes out soon because I'm taking 3 trips this summer and that would be perfect to have!

What Guys Said 22

• Real life? Well catching pokemon would be like catching STI/STDs. Gotta catch 'em all. *syphilis is evolving* HIV would be like one of the rare/boss pokemon

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

Also un-holy shit I'm in last 30 days top MHO, unbelievable. . . (I got it through auto-select)

@JudgmentDay @Afro-dite9 @Stacyzee good job guys, group hug etc.

• I like Pokemon, but this doesn't interest me at all.

• PETA won't be amused XD
    But I think it would be fun but you know there's gonna be that one person who'll say it's cruel and bad (Kinda is) but...
    media.makeameme.org/created/Are-you-not-o4vxvx.jpg

• Will i have to feed it and stuff?

• I'm not into Pokémon as much as I was for the first 2 regions. I was a big fan playing Blue, and then Silver. I kinda liked the Pokémon in Sapphire, but that's when Pokémon started loosing the feeling it had for me before. I tried Pearl, but didn't like it and think what's in the recent games don't even look like Pokémon. I got and liked Leaf Green and Soul Silver, but the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire look stupid.

• no, I'm not into that augmented reality thing.

I would vote but there is no opinion for me. I like Pokémon (at least the old games) and I have a smartphone, but I'm just not into that type of game

• I'm hyped, but I'm not bothered enough to get a smart phone.
    Who knows? Maybe this will be the thing to make me get one :P

• Looking forward to Pokémon GO!

• Yeah, but I don't have a phone lol. They made that commercial 2 years ago though I wonder why its about to come out now lol.

• Woaa, didn't know about this. Seems a good concept, deserved a special attention from Nintendo to make it really great. I don't know if they are aware the possibilities this could bring, if done with more seriousness. I'm afraid they will blow it.

• Oh wow, I'm playing this, I don't care if people look at me funny in the street.

• HELL TO THE YES!

• Don't have a phone

• The hole aspect of catching and training them got boring to me after me 3rd game now i just want to thrash 12ies

• PETA's Cyberdivision won't like this.

• oh no... im totaly not into that...

• I wish pokemon were real. Then I fly the skies with charizard

• I wish I had a Smart Phone, why do they have to be so bloody expensive

• I'm not into Pokemon or augmented reality...

• Nah. Would rather a virtual reality mmo idea like you see in SAO.

• God that would be extremely bad ass. Not sure how far away we are from that kind of thing. Though I think that will still take a long time to make it reality.

• Not as far as you think. I mean time travel just became possible.

• Big fan of the idea but they might have to make it a little more exciting.
    I might just hold out for the soon coming around VR games. Pokemon would be a very obvious contender as a VR game.

• It's ridiculous... video-games have gone too far...

And by da way why such obsession wid video-games? Seriously it's not good... I enjoy a game once in a while as well... but yer givin' us da impression yer playin' like 12 hours daily...

• Your clearly not that interested in video games if you have to ask why some people would be really into it.

I don't care what kind of impression that I give off. This might come as a shock to you. I actually don't play games for 12 hours. I know I could and it be easy as hell. I choose not to since I have other things in life I need to do and want to do. I never post on social media of what I do every single hour of the day. I highly doubt anyone would care to know that. So I won't bother with it.

Video games haven't even scratched the surface of the many possibilities they could do.

• Depends on the day. I've gone days without playing any game before. At that time I just wasn't in the mood to play games for a while. Longest I normally do is like 3-4 hours. Which I'm normally walking around while doing it.

Some side quests in games are pretty awesome and make the game more interesting.

Yeah I truly believe there will be some idiots that will actually get themselves killed with Pokemon go.

• All good... yer not as addicted as I thought...

I hate to admit it but dat winter in January-February... I was playin' a certain game like 8 hours daily... I wanted to finish it 100% and collect anything... it was a Tactics RPG... particularly it was called Suikoden Tactics...

I gave it up 4 years ago since I found it very difficult... but dat year I got da hang of it and I was hooked... after I finished it a month ago... I said I won't touch any RPG in ma hands again whether it's tactics or not...

Now do ya understand why I'm so against? I'd rather wander around aimlessly than sittin' on ma armchair playin' games... ESPECIALLY RPG games...

What Girls Said 5