Is Australia just first world Asia now?

So, I go to Australia for my holiday. I finally get out of Cornwall (used to live in Millwall so it's an improvement to me) for my first holiday in years.
I chose Australia cause I dont like leaving my comfort zone too much and I thought Australia was just like a bigger, less crowded England with more stuff.

But I get there and the first thing happens when I leave the airport is an olf chinese man sneezes on me as he walks past. I get a taxi, chinese driver, I get to my hotel and all the staff are some sort of chinese people.
I turn on the tele in my room and there's Indonesian and malaysian news on. I walk out of the hotel to find something to eat and the first shops I see are Chinese restaurant, Korean bbq, Japanese sushi bar, Thai massage place. No chip shop.

So I take a moment to look around and everyone is Asian. Even some of the signage is Asian and the cars are also Asian. There are very few european cars. You lool around and you see toyota, hyundai, nissan, kia, mitsubishi, daihatsu I didn't even know they still made them, isuzu, suzuki.
Whats going on? I need an explanation for this. Am I just in the wrong part? Whats going on. I went to Sydney by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah Sydney. The capital.

There's your problem.

• Get out of the cities for start, go to the country towns.

Australia is becoming over run with Asians. It pisses a lot of us off and you get other people wondering why we're so racist.

Because all our jobs are going to people moving here instead of those who were born and raised here!

• "Ah Sydney. The capital."
      😂 Sorry I just had to comment, this really made me laugh..

• @Jxpxtxr *grumble*

I'm glad I made you laugh at least.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, Australia is not a part of Europe, it's a part of Asia (Oceania to be exact). I don't know what you were expecting but it was clearly a little silly to think Australia is just a larger version of England. If you want to have less crowded version of England, just go to Ireland or Scotland or Iceland or Germany. They're all pretty similar to England.
    I would love the diversity, I'd go and eat in an Asian restaurant every day :-).

• I was expecting white people and fish n chips and bbqs. Where do I go for that?

• There are lots of white people in Australia but there are also many non-white. Fish and chips is a British dish, so considering you want all this typical English things, I'm wondering why you even went to Australia in the first place. You could have just gone to your local pub in England. There you got white people, fish and chips and perhaps even BBQ.

• But Australia is surrounded by sea. I thought I could find great sea food

What Girls Said 5

• New Zealand and Australia are multiculture countries we
    host loads of diffrent nationalities from all over and as asia is close by and they seem to breed like rabbaits and bring plenty of money and want to be educated our governments love them. We also take a lot of refugees into our countries too which lots including myself are not so happy about as most a a blight to out welfare and health systems

• Dont get me wrong i love Nz I've been around the world uk Europe usa Canada sth america. If i were to live anywhere else apart from Nz it would be Australia

• No we have our rivalriesusually of a sporting nature but australia is our big sister in many ways

• In every way other than rugby I suppose lol

• A lot of the cars are Asian because is too expensive to import from Europe. Plus it's so much closer to Asia so it's easier for Asians to travel there then Europe.

• I've started to pick up on the proximity thing now. I'm just disappointed.

• I found there were a lot of German cars too!
    And so what if there's a lot of Asians in Australia lol Asians make up about 60% of the human population, they're pretty much everywhere, now deal with it.

• Yes they have over taken the white population.. Go to San fran or Canada, you'll see more there.

• Well London is pretty multi cultural just like Sydney too. You need to stick to places similar to Cornwall if you don't like a mixture of different people, foods and cultures. If you went to London, you'd complain about the food shops too, proper chippies aren't that many, but there are plenty of Asian, Caribbean and African food shops everywhere. Walking down the street, you'll see a whole bunch of different people too. Any capital city will be similar.

What Guys Said 4

• I really wouldn't know but Australia is a multicultural nation, Australians themselves meaning the natural people of the country have always been small in number, compared to the people who move there kind of like the US which is also a multicultural nation you'll find just about everyone and everything down here. Not just one race as the majority.

• Sounds like you didn't leave the city there's like a max of 100 Asians where i live bit of a shame really i like em

• What do you say @mooky06 this true? lol

• I assume asker went to the inner part of the city in Sydney where most of the area is there for Asian tourists lol

• That kind of annoys me... Australia is supposed to be one of the 2 places in the Southern Hemisphere where you can interact with white people that speak good English (as oppose to Asian people that speak sh-tty English). If I want to talk to Asian people I'll go to China, Japan, Korea, etc. I go to Australia to avoid them and sure enough they are everywhere. It makes me mad how easy it is to become an Australian citizen, no wonder so many Australians are moving out of the country, its being overrun by immigrants. Seriously, I've never been to Australia, but when I travel overseas I meet way more Asians that claim to be Australian then white people. To me an Asian will never be Australian though, just like a black person will never be British. If a white person can't be Chinese (which is true, I checked, they can't become a Chinese citizen, then Chinese can't be a Australian, or British, or American, I refuse to view them that way).

• Going by your logic white people can'tcall themselves Australian either, they're all European.

• @RedRobin Go try to be a Chinese citizen... go ahead, my brother is married to a Chinese national and even that doesn't get him citizenship. In order to be a Chinese citizen one of your parents must be a Chinese citizen, no exceptions. Because other countries dont allow white people to be citizens, I refuse to believe non whites are citizens of white countries (with the exception of America and Canada). Also white people conquered the natives of Australia, therefore they have rights to the land, if they couldnt defend it then they suck and dont deserve it.

• look at you justifying genocide... i'll just stay away from western countries. you guys have a shit ton of crazies like this guy.