How do you know when a guy wants to kiss you or when he's going in for the kiss?

What Guys Said 2

• depends on how awkward he/the situation is

guys who are used to getting with girls do it smoothly at just the right time and there's already touching going on so you wn't know its about to happy until just before but guys who are working up the courage are painfully obvious way ahead of time

• It will happen so fast you won't have the time to. prepare just react

What Girls Said 1

• This will sound cliche but... my boyfriend would often be looking at my lips before we started dating. A few weeks prior to us becoming official, he'd basically be captivated by the act of my just putting on lipbalm/gloss.

Sure enough, after we'd been together for ~1 month, he invited himself into my place for a cup of water as soon as I mentioned that my parents were both out.. One thing led to another and there we are, both sitting on my bed and he goes in for a kiss.
    (The actual kiss happened so fast I didn't really have much time to anticipate it but... can't say I was surprised.)