How much should I charge?

Hmm this is weird, I don't know if I should charge him none at all, or charge a little. This person wants me to help to translate something, its 2 videos - 10 minutes and 20 minutes each.

Most Helpful Guy

• well, 30 minutes total, take minimum wage into factor and include that he's asking you a favor, so chalk it up to like the cost of a standard meal, like $10. if you don't need the money and don't mind though, just do it for free I say.

Most Helpful Girl

• I charge $35 per hour for translating stuffs (depending on the language as well), and well, extra cost if they need me to print it out rather than emailing it to them.

What Guys Said 10

• There are people who are certified translators; you probably have them in your area. I assume that you are not a certified translator. Determine what certified translators charge on an hourly basis and then charge half of that rate for your time. That is a good deal for the other person (assuming that your translation is good) and is probably a good amount for you as well.

• Insist he allow you to give him a wedgie in lieu of any monetary remuneration.

• If you've never done this before don't charge before you finish your work. Ask the person what they feel they owe you.

• For that small amount of time, I don't see a minimum charge of $20-$25 as being unreasonable.

• If they're like a friend then nothing otherwise probably a £10-£15

• 20/hour.

• $50.

• Go for $30

• 30 minutes of video will take much longer then 30 minutes to translate. $20 an hour.

• its your work? if so charge it if not then why?

What Girls Said 3

• 40 BUCKS LOL!

• 20 bucks fair.

• if you don't want to charge him tell its his shout at the pub