How much should I charge?

Hmm this is weird, I don't know if I should charge him none at all, or charge a little. This person wants me to help to translate something, its 2 videos - 10 minutes and 20 minutes each.

0|0
4|11

Most Helpful Guy

• well, 30 minutes total, take minimum wage into factor and include that he's asking you a favor, so chalk it up to like the cost of a standard meal, like $10. if you don't need the money and don't mind though, just do it for free I say.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I charge $35 per hour for translating stuffs (depending on the language as well), and well, extra cost if they need me to print it out rather than emailing it to them.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• There are people who are certified translators; you probably have them in your area. I assume that you are not a certified translator. Determine what certified translators charge on an hourly basis and then charge half of that rate for your time. That is a good deal for the other person (assuming that your translation is good) and is probably a good amount for you as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Insist he allow you to give him a wedgie in lieu of any monetary remuneration.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you've never done this before don't charge before you finish your work. Ask the person what they feel they owe you.

0|0
    0|0
  • For that small amount of time, I don't see a minimum charge of $20-$25 as being unreasonable.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're like a friend then nothing otherwise probably a £10-£15

0|0
    0|0
  • 20/hour.

0|0
    0|0
  • $50.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for $30

0|0
    0|0
  • 30 minutes of video will take much longer then 30 minutes to translate. $20 an hour.

0|0
    0|0
  • its your work? if so charge it if not then why?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• 40 BUCKS LOL!

0|0
    0|0
  • 20 bucks fair.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you don't want to charge him tell its his shout at the pub

0|0
    0|0