Where do you get your motivation from?

I sometimes struggle with low motivation levels, because i'm just too lazy. So, simple question, what gives you your motivation to get up and get things done?

Most Helpful Girl

• • I work VERY well, and VERY efficiently, under tight deadlines. So, honestly, I tend to procrastinate until I have JUST enough time to do what I need to do, within exactly the time that I have to do it. Then, that sense of crisis management provides motivation.

• If I have too much peace/quiet/relaxation in my life, I start feeling my old manic/depression (bipolar disorder) knocking on my door.
    As long as I keep myself frenetically busy -- and as long as my husband and I maintain our high-octane sex life -- I pretty much stay in a state of permanent hypo-mania. (Haven't relapsed in 15 years, so... it's working. LOL)

• My husband and my kids will love me no matter whether I fuck up or not. Paradoxically, this motivates me extra hard NOT to fuck up.
    No, I don't understand it either.
    <3

• I'm self-aware enough to know that I HATE routine, and I HATE "stability", and I need some sort of change in my life in order to stay happy.
    So, that gives me the motivation to seek out many different streams of income, and many dfferent freelance activities, etc. Never quite doing exactly the same thing from month to month, or from year to year.

• Interesting answer. I never thought about it that way :)

• Tx for the MH luv. <3

• Thank you for the grear answer :)

Most Helpful Guy

• There are different motivators depending on the task... First and always a factor the ability to not allow the task defeating thoughts to take hold like, oh my god I don't want to go to work, it's so boring and Janet in accounting looks at me crossed eyed... instead develop the ability to silence that and focus on what you are doing... Thinking... I'm up, going to get food... yum coffee cake... I love my cat... what shoes... dam I look good... and so on... lol sounds silly but barring a physical disability we are what we think... now get up and go!!!

• Those defeating thoughts haunt me. Gotta kick them away somehow :/

• no kidding, you are not alone ! I have spent many hours, days, weeks... really every day I have to consciously focus on what matters and that is right now.. the next word the next step the next breath... it is the key, I think...

What Girls Said 7

• nothing but I push anyway!

• I read this and it works for me >>>
    1. If you fall asleep now, your fancy will appear in dreams, for sure. Although, if you prefer studying to sleeping, your fancy will come true.
    2. When you think it is too late, it is still timely.
    3. Suffering from studying is temporary. Suffering from nescience is infinite.
    4. Studying is not about time, it is about efforts.
    5. Life is not for studying only, but if you are not able to pass even through this part of the life, what then are you good at, at all?
    6. Exertion and efforts can be pleasant, as well.
    7. Only those who fulfill everything earlier, only those who expend efforts, can be truly delighted with their success.
    8. To succeed in everything is not for everyone. Success though comes only accompanied by self- improvement and determination.
    9. Time slips past.
    10. Slaver today will turn into tears tomorrow.
    11. Realists are those who contribute something to the future.
    12. Your salary is directly-proportional to your level of education.
    13. Today will never come back.
    14. Even now your enemies are greedy turning the leaves of books.
    15. Only sweating will you be earning.

• I tell myself: "If I do this now, then I have more time to relax and be lazy later."

• Three things
    1. My son.
    2. My dreams.
    3. The future.
    You must have goals in life to be that person. You must think about your dreams and future, think about your past and compare it to the present! See if you have done anything from what you want or not. Write your goals in a paper and start working on yourself.

• i find inspiration in my mom, she's the only person i know who is hard working, relaxed, happy and ambitious. if i'm feeling down i say WWMD (what would ma do) and that's usually "suck it up and do it". great advice for any situation :P

• i don't want my life to be a waste.

• still searching

What Guys Said 3

• I struggle with that too.

I think, for me at least, motivation comes from either a genuinie interest, or absolute necessity.

• I just am scared of being mediocre/fat/poor/underachieving, etc. It's unacceptable.

• Nothing really, I kinda lack motivation.