If a person responds to a text a week later, should I even bother responding at all?

And that person has been responding to text messages late for a while. I don't know if they're trying to follow some kinda social rule like responding 3 days, but recently he responded to a text a week later. And I remember once asking him why he usually responds later, and he usually has some excuse. But now I don't even want to talk to him anymore because of how late he responds. Am I being reasonable?

Most Helpful Guy

• some people just aren't into the texting thing. It can be hard to keep up with it, if you don't let it absorb you. Especially if you don't have a lot of people that you text.

You could probably just tell him that it's kind of important to you, and see how he reacts.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...3b79ced79a.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• He might actually be busy. You have to be the judge of that. Also, if you are willing to wait for responses then keep talking, if not then don't respond.

You are being very reasonable. You feel like he isn't putting any effort in. And honestly after 3 days the topic is old.

What were his excuses?

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, you are thinking right. You should really bother talking to people who give such late replies, they make you wait and when you confront them, they will come up with some excuse everytime. I mean these are the type of people who purposely take their own sweet time to reply and they don't realize that there is someone who is waiting for response, it's never good to keep someone waiting like that.

Yes, you are being reasonable.

• Ok girls, He is no going to get "Scarlet Johansson" in a week so calm down there may be thousand reasons for this.

• Honest to god no one cares. Really, why the fuck can't you handle this by yourself?

• If you don't care, why did you even bother responding in the first place?

• Because XPer you dumb... I mean, I just respectfully think you should be able to handle this yourself, my liege.

Are you not a strong, independent woman?

• youd be better off asking yourself this

• Could be that he doesn't like texting, kinda like me since I don't like texting nor talking on the phone.

But there should be other indicators... such as if you never or hardly ever meet him in person, then that's his subtle way of wanting to be left alone

What Girls Said 4

• I generally feel that people who are interested will put in some effort. Even if it's just to reply back and say- "Hey, things are really crazy but I'll get back to you tomorrow!"

It sounds like he's not that interested in putting in effort OR doesn't think that you are important enough to treat respectfully. I'd let him go.

On the flip side, what type of messages are you sending that he doesn't respond to? Is it a general "Hey!" or is it more personal with a time sensitive message?

• Yes you're being reasonable. It would make me upset as well.

• Ask him for the excuse, see if its genuine.

• I really can't stand people like that, I either make them wait longer for my reply or I just stop altogether.