In your opinion, which is worse physical pain or emotional pain?

To me physical is worse.

• Physical pain is worse
  • Emotional pain is worse

Most Helpful Guy

• lol at whoever chose B.
    You people know nothing about the pain.
    Try living for example with the cluster headaches. Nothing works on me and there's no cure for it. 8 months out of 12 a year of fucking hell.
    Say that to people who have cancer or other severe disease...
    "Emotional pain" isn't even a pain.

Most Helpful Girl

• Physical - especially the chronic kind.

Emotional can be handled - if you're a stable person you will make it through. Physical pain doesn't really rely on you entirely. That's the problem.

What Guys Said 18

• physical pain goes away, it heals and you move on. Emotional pain doesn't, it lingers, it continously affects your life long after the incident long after your physical body would have healed. I've experienced both to the extreme and I can say with complete conviction emotional pain is far worse because of its lasting affects.

• Not if it's a chronic pain...

• @Sasha07 No, but their are ways to deal with it and it will never be as life altering, as I said I have experienced both to a large degree and I can honestly say that what has affected me the most has been emotional pain.

• i can handle emotional. fuck physical. ever get a limb cut off? yeah you ain't thinkin about no heart break while that shit just happened LOL.

• Emotional pain of course!

• For me personally it's physical

However, generally it's emotional. For the most part, it takes emotional pain to drive you to cause physical pain to yourself or others

Suicide comes after emotional pain
    Beating your SO for cheating comes after emotional pain

• Physical pain is much worse. Anyone who says emotional pain is worse is lucky because they've definitely never experienced severe chronic pain.

• emotional pain sucks really hard but I guess the physical one is worse. even though it usually doesn't last as long, which is better

• Physical pain for sure... its like for women to compare rape to being heartbroken by their boyfriend.

• I'll always pick the wonderful feeling of my immune system gnawing on my peripheral nervous system any day to that of having my heart ripped out again.

• Definitely physical.

• Emotional pain is worse, by far. I even have chronic nerve pain but emotional is still worse.

• Try having torn acl and mcl and talk about emotional pain lol smh

• for me physical pain is worse because it leads to emotional pain then you are dealing with both

• Emotional pain is the worst becz... I am a freaking emotional guy

• Emotional can linger and often bring a person down even more.

• Both are bad and how the pain occurs makes a difference as well...

• Emotional, because it can't just be treated.

• Emotional pain is worse

• "The only pain is to feel nothing at all" - U2

What Girls Said 7

• Emotional pain can run really deep, can make you actually physically ill etc. Physical pain just hurts literally has nothing to do with your emotions that much.

• - Being eaten alive by rats?
    Or
    - Being broken up with by some fool?
    Yeah give me the emotional pain 😁

• Emotional. Physical can be fixed, can be treated or stopped with drugs. Emotional, that's a black hole that just sucks everything into it.

• I think physical pain is worse.

• I've personally dealt with both and while physical pain does hurt, it eventually goes away. Emotional pain tends to stay around and come up at any moment

• physical pain
    emotional pain too but it's more dull

• I can take a painkiller for physical pain but I can't take anything to dull the emotional pain