How do I serve the Lord?

How does one begin?

Lol this actually isn't a joke

Most Helpful Guy

• Where is your family? Who looks up to you, and how can you reach out to both their need for faith/knowledge and any reasonable material needs? Have you taken a spiritual gifts assessment test yet? May be a good place to start. Everyone is called differently.

Most Helpful Girl

• first, personalise ur relationship with god. make him ur friend. pray, and try to read ur bible [i keep trying to do the same consistently]. i recommend a beautiful book called 'his treasure' by sheri rose shepherd.

through those things u get hints as to ways you can glorify god in your daily life. it doesn't have to be special. doesn't have to be huge. simply walk with kindness, advocate selflessness, spread love and walk in the same footsteps God did when he was on earth. it's easier said than done but it's possible.
    #saltoftheearth #lightoftheworld

What Guys Said 29

• There are many ways in which you can serve the lord, the best thing to do is seek advice from fellow Christians like you are doing now, read your bible and live your life the way the god would want you to, read your bible, do small selfish acts of kindness, helping others, spreading the word etc, and pray to the lord on how you might best serve him, open yourself up to him and his will and he will show you the way.

But sometimes his answers won't always be what you want them to be and other times they will be, and sometimes his answers are hard to understand at times.

• ask your local church or read up on the ten commandments

• Help the poor. Help yourself (if you need help)... do all the good you can while you can. Help the needy. Go to Africa maybe. Help everybody. Create awareness, etc.

Dont spend to much time in a Church or wherever you worship. Remember God in your heart wherever you are.

• What Lord? The ring ones? The flies?

• By reading the Bible and being the best person that you can be.

• Just be nice to people. You only need one rule. If it harms none, do what you like.

By "none", I mean people, animals, nature, property, anything on the planet.

• Pay a tithing to consultant

• I started by reading the Bible. Dont go to church; create your own idea of God before you seek the advice of someone who is possibly corrupt.
    I read the Amplified Bible, it is the most traditional translation i can find.

• Ask if he wants knows what he wants to drink, bring it, ask for his order, bring it, make sure his glass stays empty. Geez. never been to a restaurant?

• love him with all your heart, power, and soul. love your fellow humans like your self. especially the difficult ones. and keep all his commandments to the best of your abilities

• its a joke cause you're asking here

start going to church and by educating yourself and studying the bible and learning

• Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”

• You've got to keep them on their toes...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce9IvqfnYg4

• By making babies.

• God is like the tooth fairy, unseen and not real.

• What lord?

• become a nun..

• Helping people

• Be the best person you can be in this earth. Do good things and not bad. Don't let money control you

• You want to follow the Lord? Not get me starting on what I think about followers.

• You want to serve something that is a myth or even a real person? Remember this thing, neither be a follower or a server. Life is better as a leader and the boss.

• No thank you

• Which LordLord?

• who is lord
    jesus
    your partner
    allah
    please be direct who is your lord

• your lord first demmands a sammich !

• Kill those who work on the Sabbath (Exodus 35:2)

• Hahahaahhahaa u funnay baby. I don't know if this is a joke or not

• Be nice to people and not serve anyone?

• By giving me all your money. Now. Go on... what are you waiting for? If you don't my god will so kill your god. But only after your god has watched catholic priests rape little children.

• read the bible and have faith in Jesus, the bible tells you everything you need to know follow it.

• If you do all what's mentionedin the Bible, you'll probably end in jail.

What Girls Said 14

• www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The+Lord

The Lord
    Something that people desperately want to find, yet all that can be seen is a million religions telling you they are right and that their inconsitancies dont matter cause they can make something up to cover it.
    1. This is the true church and people here have found god... that is why they still commit 'sins' and leave the church.

2. We are god's representitives, yet some of us rape little boys and girls

3. This week this passage means this. Dont worry, next week we will change it around to cover our backs.

4. Something good has happened, it is because god loves us.

5. Something terrible has happened, he moves in mysterious ways.

I thought I had found the lord... then I realised it was only another religion. Churches have commited more horrific deeds then can be counted, why should I give my time to them?
    by FallenOne January 29, 2004

• If you follow god in the right way you are not someone who harms others (hitler was an atheist, killed 6 million jews) everyone who does such kind of things is an asshole who likes to play the good guy, that's it. This just happens to people who are completely new to religion and just listen to what they want to hear and yet ask other mere people about god. If you don't have a relationship with god, you are not a believer you're just looking for answers and want to find something that makes sense to you but how do you want to do that? Pray and ask god directly.

• @yourwaifu Calm down. I was just quoting the Urban Dictionary.

• It is still your opinion, if not you wouldn't post it

• Start reading the bible. Talk to a pastor or priest. Get more insight into the religion. Live by his word and follow his teachings.

• The lord? Thats guy exist?

• Be reborn again (baptism. Keep the 10 commandments, Read your bibe and pray every day, Do good, keep away from evil. Did I leave out anyting? Or can you add more? @Rudon30

• I assume you're talking about the Christian Lord, if you are you should first start by loving your neighbor as yourself, which is the second most important commandment (I think)
    Try and attend a church once a week to have some guidance.
    Lastly, pray which is basically just talking to God about anything on your mind.

• Be prepared for some very sarcastic answers.

• You start helping other people

• Go see the pope.

• Start with basic prayer, read the bible, ask people who are religious about prayer or other stuff, be kind ALWAYS and live a life with morals :)

• Oh and build a relationship with god! Really important when you see him as your bestfriend and tell him everything on your mind and trust him in everything! :)

• Talk to a local but good pastor. And make sure that they aren't telling you crap.

• make time to pray and read your Bible everyday

• R u talking about lord Saruman from lord of the rings or Wat? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

• You can start off by beheading a black goat and drinks its blood.

• Put his food on a tray and present it.