Why does GAG close your questions? Why did they start doing this?

I like the fact that we can now close our questions, but why does the website have a say in WHEN to close your questions?

I understand if there was something wrong with the questions and such, and therefore it gets closed... That's reasonable...

BUT if there's nothing wrong, nor breaking any rules, why does gag decide when to close a question?
What if someone had valuable input to add later on?

I personally think the people running the website should not be allowed to close our questions unless they are breaking some type of rule or the like...

What if the question asker is still not yet satisfied with the answers provided as of yet? Why take it upon yourself to decide that for the question asker?

I think it's a violation to our question. >;[! (If it's not breaking any rules or hasn't even been up for 30 days) etc.. etc..

What do you guys think?

• Question should remain open (unless it breaks rules, or the question asker decides to close it)
  • they should close it whenver they feel like it, even if I still haven't received the answers I was looking for. ... 😒😒
Omggg!!! It's not 10'days!! At all!!!

Look 😨😯😯😯
www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1950100-who-is-ready-for-el-classico-p

2 days!!! 2DAYS!!! 😯😯😯😐😟😟😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 whyyy?

G@G you're awful.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree completely!! I don't want my questions to be closed so soon. Within two days, you might only get 3 unhelpful responses. Then, the site features specific questions, and nobody has time to find your own. I wish WE had the option to close our OWN questions, or even delete them off the face of the internet.
    It wouldn't reduce clutter or traffic at all, by the way. People might feel obligated to create that same question again, because they didn't get the right answers the first time.

• I wonder if we all started to do that if they would change that.. Like as soon as they close it... Open up a new one exactly the same.. So as to give them a hint...

Bad ideas from gag... They should replace the person coming up with the new ideas for the site... Cause damn... 😖

What Guys Said 7

• I don't know, like whats the point? does it reduce clutter or something? now no one can contribute to my questions after 10 days lol. sad feels..

i need alien hug

• Awwww 😛 I'm gonna buy you this hat!! http://i.imgur.com/qZc83KH.jpg?1
      😜

And really? It's 10 days!!! No wonder!! 😠😠😠😡 gag is starting to suck.. Why are they doing that 😐😐

• i can't wait for you to take me away :)

• 😁🔜👽🚀😛

• I think it's because they want to encourage more people to select a Most Helpful Answer. A question can be closed with or without an MHO, but I still think that's the main reason. I, for one, have been terrible with selecting them until they've limited how many open questions you can have.

• Well, if that were the case, they should allow more time... Because what if the question asker doesn't think any of the answers so far are worthy of most helpful? I don't see why they are closing them so early.. They don't even wait 20 days.. Or even the month.. 😕😕

• They can close without an MHO selected, either automatically or by the user. I just think that selecting an MHO is a big reason why they're doing it.

• It's another pointless GAG update. What does it matter if questions remain open? What happens if someone is away from GAG and has the best answer to a closed question?

• Exactly!! Or what if the question asker doesn't like the answers so far... It just doesn't make sense to me... I hope they change it.. 😕

• they did it so people answer new questions instead of wasting time on old ones.
    but it's fucking annoying... I really hate it. they should have made it fully optional and give extra XP for closing them

• Best guess is to remove them from the site quicker so there's less backlog.

• They don't remove them... mid they did, I'd understand... But they questions remain forever.. But closed.. It's just unhelpful and unneeded thing hey added.. It sucks

• It may be that they want to provide fresh content, I see that there is a lot of redundancy...

• I feel like everything bad happenin to the site is cause of me lol don't ask why

• Whyy? Whyy? Have they hired you to innovate he site? Are all these new awful ideas yours?😨😨😨

What Girls Said 3

• They made a lot of stupid changes that I see no reason for.

• I'm pissed that they are closing questions. I'm sick of GaG making these stupid updates on things.

• It's been forever since they made that update